INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Radio Paradise  (Read 48373 times)

Axilian

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: NEW: Radio Paradise
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2018, 04:12:54 pm »

Well not sure if anything was changed but upgraded to 24.46 and my issue reported above seems to have gone (so far anyway).

One other thing I've just been onto RP's main site to have a look at their new web player and noticed they now have 3 different flac stream (or the rock and groovy stream is maybe a doctored main mix) . Any chance JRiver will give one the option of celecting those streams in future?

Edit:  make that 4 streams, there's a groovy , mellow and rock mix along side the main stream

corsimusic

• Recent member
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2018, 06:01:09 am »

in 24.46 radio paradise don't work for me

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2018, 10:35:31 am »

If you wait a few minutes (~10-15 minutes) and then try again, does it eventually work?

corsimusic

• Recent member
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2018, 10:57:05 am »

If you wait a few minutes (~10-15 minutes) and then try again, does it eventually work?
no I try again and again it's same
With the web player of radio  paradise in flac its work

Axilian

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2018, 04:03:44 pm »

Unfortunately my statement previous was a false dawn

- tried to launch RP this evening and  get exactly the same error again - even rebooting the entire PC doesn't help -  it's getting really irritiating now as RP's own web  flac player is now online and works flawlessly

Edit - definitely seems to be a random error - I was listening to RP on the webplayer and then tried to launch streaming through MC while the webplayer was still playing - kicked in the Stream through MC with no issues (took over the music as I run WSAPI on MC ) . Funnily though it launched the stream at a completely different point to where the RP web player was

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2018, 06:43:08 pm »

I'm seeing the same error right now as well.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

swiv3d

« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2018, 06:52:07 pm »

I am also seeing the same error - but it plays fine from a web browser.

Edit: It is now working again - which is a bit weird.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2018, 09:55:17 pm »

Yep, working for me again now. Must be a RP server issue.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Axilian

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2018, 05:13:03 am »

Couldn't be a sync issue possibly ?

- I got up this morning and  found exactly the same issue I had yesterday  RP stream gave the typical error message but yet  launched  fine both on the RP page and on the web app I previous linked (which is a 3rd party project). Both launched on exactly the same song. However when I reproduced what I did last night later on - launching the RP stream in JRiver when RP was already streaming from their web page the JRiver RP launched but at a completely different song

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2018, 05:20:44 am »

I think the different song is normal.  I don't know why you're seeing the other problem.

This is new for Radio Paradise as well, and it's possible that there are occasional issues with their server.

We will take a look to see if we can duplicate the problem.

Alex M

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2018, 06:58:22 am »

This is not an accidental problem. I already wrote about it twice.

Workaround:
1. Create a separate library for the radio
2. After connecting to the RP (good luck to you), save at least one track in the library.
3. The next time you start MC, start playing the saved track. The server will remember you for a while, about a day. At this time, the RP usually starts.

corsimusic

• Recent member
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2018, 11:01:46 am »

For me nothing change "playback can no be started " again and again
Perfect on web player radio paradise
so it's not a server problem,i think  it's a jriver problem

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2018, 12:09:21 pm »

You can't compare the web player with MC.  They work differently.

As I said above, we will look at this.

It would help to have more details.  Playing on the client?  Or server?  What OS?  Playing to what device?  Etc.  Details will help us reproduce the problem.

corsimusic

• Recent member
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2018, 12:37:26 pm »

You can't compare the web player with MC.  They work differently.

As I said above, we will look at this.

It would help to have more details.  Playing on the client?  Or server?  What OS?  Playing to what device?  Etc.  Details will help us reproduce the problem.
I try on the server (windows 10 64 BITS ) on the client (windows 10 64BITS) AND ON notebook in
windows 1O 32 bits
on the notebook it worked once but since I have the same message "reading can not be started"

I try to downgrade to jriver 24 45 It's the same yet last week it works in 24 45. It's a mystery

corsimusic

• Recent member
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2018, 05:10:32 pm »

Edit tonight radio paradise is working on my 3 PCs, either you work on it or it is a random breakdown more annoying if that's it!

Still problems on the PC client that I have to connect locally for radio paradise otherwise stope at the end of a piece

To impress by the musical knowledge of the radio programmers paradise which comes to pass Francis cabrel a French singer (my country) yet little known to the international good job

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2018, 08:14:49 pm »

The problem has recurred for me this morning.

I was trying to play on my Windows 10 Pro (all Australian updates) Workstation running MC24.0.46 64bit using a local database, no Media Server running, playing locally from the motherboard sound card to PC connected speakers. I tried to start RP three times shortly after starting MC and go the message each time.

I just tried it on my Windows 10 Pro (all Australian updates) HTPC running MC24.0.42 64bit as a server, with Media Server running, playing to my Receiver via TOSLink from the motherboard sound card and it worked immediately.
I stopped RP, restarted it, stopped it, then upgraded to MC24.0.46 and tried again. It still worked fine first time. It is still playing background music for me now.

So back to my Workstation, I tried RP again and it worked fine immediately. That is without closing MC since earlier.
Closed MC. Made sure no MC processes were running in Task Manager. Restarted MC, cleared Playing Now as it still had the last RP track listed. Checked the RP Playlist was empty. Restarted RP and it worked.
Cleared Playing Now again. Played a local audio file. Stopped playback. Closed MC and checked no processes running. Restarted MC and immediately tried RP. Worked fine.

The only pattern I see is that RP didn't work first time after it hadn't been played for a while, but only on my Workstation... which made me suspicious that maybe the first attempt through my router's firewall was being blocked. Checked logs, but there was nothing in there to say it blocked anything today. So not that. I checked the local PC firewall as well, and nothing there.

So not much light on the topic there. If I was a betting man, I would say that the RP server is not accepting a connection from a new IP Address for a little while, initially, for the connection type MC is using. That could mean that they are at the limit of the number of connections allowed for that connection type, and that they possibly dynamically increase that limit when it gets hit, but that increase takes a little while.

Maybe RP even keep a list of IP Addresses that connect using MC, and once connected it is allowed, but if the limit is hit it can take a while to increase the limit. That would explain why my Workstation failed, but shortly after my HTPC worked, and then the Workstation worked, as both the HTPC and Workstation would expose the same external IP Address to RP. That would be consistent with something else that I have noticed, which is once a connection to RP is made, even when you stop playback, that connection is kept for a while. I did this on the HTPC in the test above, and even though RP was stopped during the introduction, it still downloaded the playlist and changed to the first track to be played, with a little bit of audio played at track change.

Thinking further, I'm sure that RP track and count the number of MC connections to their server. I sure would in their situation, to understand the level of demand and if it remains within any agreement made. Perhaps their monitoring process has introduced an issue that causes the first connection from a new IP Address to be delayed and therefore fails to start playback? Then once an IP Address is "counted" they wouldn't want to count it again for a period of time, if users start and stop playback over a certain period, so it would be on a list for a short time, and then would drop off the list. Once it is off the list, the problem would recur.

Next time I see the problem on my Workstation I will simply wait a few minutes and try again, wait and try again, etc. to see if a connection is eventually allowed and playback starts.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2018, 11:28:15 pm »

So not much light on the topic there. If I was a betting man, I would say that the RP server is not accepting a connection from a new IP Address for a little while, initially, for the connection type MC is using. That could mean that they are at the limit of the number of connections allowed for that connection type, and that they possibly dynamically increase that limit when it gets hit, but that increase takes a little while.
Or that the server is sometimes slow to respond.

Thanks for all the details.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2018, 01:07:44 am »

Or that the server is sometimes slow to respond.

It could be, yes. But I can actually tell pretty easily when it isn't going to work, as the response and appearance of the message is quite fast. It takes longer when RP is going to work.

It looks more like RP is quickly rejecting the connection, rather than taking some time to establish it. Hence my observations above.

Alex M

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2018, 08:17:50 am »

The error occurs only when trying to play the track "Listener-supported". I have written about this many times and do not understand why this is ignored.

2x Xeon Workstation, Windows 7 Pro x64, SLC SSD system drive.

demo:
https://yadi.sk/i/xBCwCmiC3aN4cb

Alex M

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2018, 08:58:59 am »

RoderickGI suggested that the RP server tracks IP addresses. However, everything is not so simple. Three operating systems are installed on my workstation, two of them are clones. First I did all the manipulations (as in the video from the previous post) in one OS. Then rebooted to another OS, with a different login, from another disk, but with the same IP address. But contrary to my expectations, the attempt to run RP again caused an error. I had to repeat all the same.
Conclusion: not only IP address is tracked.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2018, 06:23:24 pm »

The error occurs only when trying to play the track "Listener-supported". I have written about this many times and do not understand why this is ignored.

That could be it.

RP Played first time this morning, no issue. That would have been after at least a 12 hour break from it. But it went straight to music and didn't try to play the Intro.
So something, either MC or RP, is tracking when the "Listener-supported" track was last played, and deciding when to play it again. Then when it does, the problem occurs.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2018, 08:06:30 am »

Hi everyone.

I've been trying to reproduce an issue playing the listener supported clips, but so far it's just been working fine for me.

Make sure you have the latest build since the playback range was a little wrong for those clips originally.

If you have any other clues you could share it would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex M

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2018, 08:38:33 am »

Hi Matt.

When the connection with the RP is already installed, the listener supported clips play perfectly. The error occurs only if such a clip should play first after connecting to the RP. Try not to turn on the RP from a specific IP address for at least 24 hours. Then this error will arise with a high degree of probability. Unfortunately, I do not know the algorithm by which this clip is set first. Maybe it depends on the region and does not affect all users.
I assume that this is due to initial caching.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2018, 09:24:42 am »

I wonder if their server sees an inactive connection and drops it after some period of time.  Maybe that's what RoderickGI said.

If so, we could ping it from time to time, but better would be to close and reopen.  Talk with Bob, Matt.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2018, 09:25:49 am »

Hi Matt.

When the connection with the RP is already installed, the listener supported clips play perfectly. The error occurs only if such a clip should play first after connecting to the RP. Try not to turn on the RP from a specific IP address for at least 24 hours. Then this error will arise with a high degree of probability. Unfortunately, I do not know the algorithm by which this clip is set first. Maybe it depends on the region and does not affect all users.
I assume that this is due to initial caching.
Does it happen if, instead of resuming a current playlist, you click on Radio Paradise again.  That should restart it and it should just work.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2018, 09:42:51 am »

I just found a little problem.  Next build will fix it.

The history:
Fixed: Radio Paradise could report a problem starting playback (and not play).

nickt1

• Recent member
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2018, 06:58:44 am »

Been trying out the FLAC streams using JRiver using the streaming option which sounds great but is prone to buffer and is a finite playlist.
I also checked out RPs great new web player but could not get it to work with JRiver-any ideas?
I then tried using the link address to the new web player in the URL address tab and it sounds great-not sure if it is flac but it is a noticeable improvement on the normal 320 ACC stream.
https://newradioparadise.com/player

nickt1

• Recent member
« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2018, 05:56:48 pm »

I finally got it.
 https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver
I can now run the RP web player and all the features it offers and get the sound quality benefits and controls that JRiver excels at.
I love using JRiver, however as it adds features and functionality it is becoming more complex to navigate for the "average" user.
I guess the challenge for JR is to somehow simplify this user inerface and make it more accesible where possible.

Solo-53

• Recent member
  • Russian fan of the JRiver MC
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2018, 12:22:56 pm »

Hello!...

Why do not I play the playlists of Radio Paradise saved in the .mpl format?...But the playlists of the Radio JRiver and the playlists of the users (their 3 people total: 01 - thecrow (#1133);02 - swiv3d (#2321);03 - hoyt (#2340)..., only 20 playlists!!! -  :'() work perfectly...Maybe - it's all about the storage server, or should the Radio Paradise playlists be saved in a different format?... ?

Thanks in advance...

myersei

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2018, 06:11:34 pm »

discovered radio paradise back in 2001 in the "radio" section of JR Media Jukebox 7 or 8.  been a faithful listener ever since.  great station.  haven't found anyone out there doing what Bill G does.

eternaloptimist

• Recent member
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2018, 01:09:26 am »

I finally got it.
I can now run the RP web player and all the features it offers and get the sound quality benefits and controls that JRiver excels at.
I love using JRiver, however as it adds features and functionality it is becoming more complex to navigate for the "average" user.
I guess the challenge for JR is to somehow simplify this user inerface and make it more accesible where possible.

This is exactly what I do. Playback starts almost instantly and is rock solid. Can also select between the 3 different mixes - although usually stick to the Main and Mellow mixes.

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2018, 10:56:14 am »

Now that RadioParadise has their new web player up and running (quite well, actually) including FLAC stream and options for alternate RP streams (not available in MC thus far),

what is the benefit/advantage of using MC to play RP?
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

nickt1

• Recent member
« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2018, 08:07:14 pm »

"Now that RadioParadise has their new web player up and running (quite well, actually) including FLAC stream and options for alternate RP streams (not available in MC thus far),

what is the benefit/advantage of using MC to play RP?''

It sounds better- for all JRs problems its the best sounding music player I have heard.

Logic800

• Recent member
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2018, 07:48:57 am »

Agree with the above; I've tried the RP Flac stream via Chrome, and via MC24 using the WDM driver, and neither comes close to the sound quality of streaming RP from within MC24.  No idea why.

UncleMilt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2018, 06:47:14 pm »

Now that RadioParadise has their new web player up and running (quite well, actually) including FLAC stream and options for alternate RP streams (not available in MC thus far),

what is the benefit/advantage of using MC to play RP?

Radio Paradise is a fine place to be exposed to great music!
Radio Paradise in MC is not a "normal stream" (much better, many ways)

Track are individual items - and may be used in Playing Now to query one's main library by using "Show link check boxes" in Options>Library & Folders>Manage Library Fields [Name, Artist, Album Artist, Album]

I have often heard great tracks on RP that I did not know I have and then subsequently flagged!
I have even used a great RP track "as seed" numerous times with Play Doctor to mine my Main Library and do a little AI exploration of existing tunes...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2018, 12:41:11 pm »

Coming in the next build, there are a couple Radio Paradise changes:
Changed: Radio Paradise will download more files when it reaches the end of the playlist.
Changed: Radio Paradise playback will message after playing 50 tracks about continuing (so you can't start playback and walk away permanently).

Should solve the problems reported about the playlist running out.

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2018, 01:04:34 pm »

any plans to include the ability to use RP's 'alternate streams' or their hi-def slideshow?

I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

jorsan

• World Citizen
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2018, 07:31:32 am »

..... and include it in theater view?

nickt1

• Recent member
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2018, 03:00:14 pm »

I finally got it.
***UPDATE***
Increased pre buffering to 20 seconds which seems to have eliminated the buffering I was experiencing with the RP player stream(https://new.radioparadise.com/player). Also checked load full file undecoded into memory as I think this sounds better.
Another program I find useful is Fidelizer (http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/download-fidelizer/) which configures windows for computer audio reproduction and noticeably improves the sound. Hope this helps.

amandalishus

• Recent member
  • Experienced MC user masquerading as novice.
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2018, 01:51:00 am »

Wow... have I mentioned how much I <3 JRiver recently?

I used to be a total RP junkie, back before I found JRiver and started putting serious effort into organizing and growing my media collection. Now, instead of spending all my time listening to Radio Paradise while I make notes on bands I want to check out someday, I spend all my time going through old notes and adding that music to my collection. I had finally started getting to the point where I could see the end of the list...

...And now you put RP in MC, so I can continue to add to the list while I import and organize stuff!

Meaning now I'm never going to see the end of the list. *sigh*

Great. Thanks a lot. Have I mentioned how much I hate JRiver recently :P

(Seriously, thanks for adding this is, JimH... It's a feature I never would have thought to request, but it's awesome. And thanks to the guy(s) at Radio Paradise too, if they're reading. You've supplied the soundtrack for some of the best and the worst times in my life. <3)
[color="#C133FF"][size=18]Documentary aficionado. [/size][size=16]Music lover. [/size][size=14]Software developer. [/size][size=12]Transgender geek. [/size][size=10]Interested in everything. [/size][size=8]Easily distracted...[/size][/color]

amandalishus

• Recent member
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2018, 12:53:34 am »

Quick question... I skimmed this thread and didn't see an answer, though I admit that I may have missed it.

Is there some way to add Radio Paradise to the available nodes in the treeview under Streaming? Same question for JRiver Radio. I don't have much interest in many of the nodes that appear in the treeview, so it would be nice to have those included, or at least have a URL with which it can be added as a node. I know, I know, I'm trying to save a couple of clicks and a time spent scrolling that would best be measured in milliseconds. What can I say? I'm lazy ;)
[color="#C133FF"][size=18]Documentary aficionado. [/size][size=16]Music lover. [/size][size=14]Software developer. [/size][size=12]Transgender geek. [/size][size=10]Interested in everything. [/size][size=8]Easily distracted...[/size][/color]

Solo-53

• Recent member
« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2018, 10:52:02 am »

"...Is there some way to add Radio Paradise to the available nodes in the treeview under Streaming?..."
Follow my advice - https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115480.msg804407.html#msg804407... ;D

amandalishus

• Recent member
« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2018, 12:00:47 pm »

Follow my advice - https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115480.msg804407.html#msg804407... ;D

Oh neato! I like it! :D Sorry I missed it, I just kinda glanced past it because I was thinking that it was probably a solution to a much more complicated problem than mine ;)

It's not exactly what I was thinking... I was just looking to add it to the treeview under Streaming with the rest of the services. This would certainly provide easy access though. A couple quick questions before I go poking around in my registry though...

I have a media server/renderer that's connected to my TV/stereo system, and then a client on my laptop which I mostly use for editing metadata and such. Will I need to edit the registry on both the server and the client? And either way, if I click the button on the client, will it play on the client or the server?

My only concern with editing the registry is that I may somehow muck things up if I decide to make changes to the toolbar in some less manual and invasive way in the future. And, well, I suppose I'm concerned that it may screw things up or get overwritten during a future update... but I don't imagine you can provide any guarantees against either of those scenarios, so I'm willing to caveat my own emptor on those questions.

As long as I'm gonna go poke around in there, I'm not afraid of a little more complication... If you can make the RP logo show up for the button, I would definitely be willing to award Bonus Points for that :)

I would also award bonus points if you could export a .reg file so that I didn't have to do any work at all ;)

Solo-53

• Recent member
« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2018, 12:30:34 pm »

As long as I'm gonna go poke around in there, I'm not afraid of a little more complication... If you can make the RP logo show up for the button, I would definitely be willing to award Bonus Points for that :)

I would also award bonus points if you could export a .reg file so that I didn't have to do any work at all ;)

Don't be afraid!...With your computer and your JRiver nothing bad will happen...This option will work for all future updates to the player(JRiver MC)...I will try to do the same for RadioJRiver when it becomes relevant - that is, when all users! will be able to upload their playlists to the server JRiver on Amazon, not just selected beta-testers... ;D

Especially for You: ;)

amandalishus

• Recent member
« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2018, 01:28:02 pm »

Especially for You: ;)

Thx, you're awesome :)

+10 Bonus Points, but -5 for trying to switch all my menu items to Russian. Fortunately I never execute a .reg without checking the contents first ;)

Note to anyone else who might want to use Solo's solution: He has a sick and subtle sense of humor. I appreciate that quality, but you might want to try my edited version instead :D

Solo-53

• Recent member
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2018, 02:08:40 pm »

"...Note to anyone else who might want to use Solo's solution: He has a sick and subtle sense of humor..."
Yes, it is my fault...Looked over, didn't notice in a hurry... :-*

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2018, 02:42:11 pm »

Next build we'll have a Play Radio Paradise toolbar button available for everyone.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2018, 02:43:11 pm »

I must admit I like the initiative!

A general purpose way to add MCC commands to the toolbar would be very useful.

amandalishus

• Recent member
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2018, 07:42:12 pm »

Next build we'll have a Play Radio Paradise toolbar button available for everyone.

And this, good sir, is one of my favorite things about JRiver. I'm the supervisor for a team of 12 developers and they're not nearly as responsive to feedback as you are. Thank you :)

Solo-53

• Recent member
« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2018, 12:03:11 pm »

Matt...Thank you very much for the good news and congratulations on your marriage...I hope your honeymoon was good for you... ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up