INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver on Android -- Development Discussion, Questions, & Answers  (Read 74824 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver on Android -- Development Discussion, Questions, & Answers
« Reply #350 on: June 11, 2021, 07:26:24 pm »

JRiver Android is on Google TV. Music, Video is on NAS. My normal use is with Notebook and JRiver Mac. How can I use JRiver Android without with the help of the JRiver on MAC. I want to have JRiver Android import music from NAS directly. I do not see an option in the menu for that?

JRiver for Android cannot import from network storage at the moment, but this is a planned improvement.

Museum

• Recent member
« Reply #351 on: January 23, 2023, 07:21:12 am »

Happy to report that for the first time since over a year I can use the program again to play my music files stored at a microSD-Card in my Android 8 Head Unit (Joying). A new install of 30.0.47 imported my files  from the card and played them without problems. The new interface is looking good - thank you for the important improvement ! My Unit has a coaxial-output and my car-amplifyer an input too so I can use a digital connection to play stereo-files. Using my laptop when I was staying at a campsite I was using HDFury to strip the multichannel audio (JRiver is putting out all the music in Dolby 5.1 multichannel) from HDMI to SPDIF (fiber) to the Dolby-enabled AMP. No luck with multichannel from my android device - probably a limitation of android. But driving and listening to 4 stereo-speakers and a subwoofer is ok....

astropuppy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #352 on: March 21, 2023, 03:20:02 pm »

Samsung Galaxy A32

jesseinsf

• World Citizen
  • Who, ME?
« Reply #353 on: August 16, 2024, 02:07:34 am »

Is there no longer going to be any development for the android version of JRiver?
OS - Win 11 Pro for Workstation (64-bit)
Monitor - MSI Creator PS321URV 4K UHD HDR600
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K Up to 5GHz - CPU
GPU - NVidia GeForce RTX 3080TI FE - GPU
MB - Asus Maximus XI Extreme - Motherboard
RAM - 128 GB RAM DDR4 3200 - RAM
SSD - Samsung 980 Pro & 970 Pro m.2 NVMe 1TB each
SP  - Vanatoo TP One Encore (over TOSLink)- REL HT/1003

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #354 on: August 16, 2024, 07:04:51 am »

Is there no longer going to be any development for the android version of JRiver?
No.  We did a little work a few months ago.  It's all a matter of priorities.

It will continue to evolve.

markf2748

« Reply #355 on: August 16, 2024, 10:23:01 am »

(1) Is it possible to define sorted views in JRiver for Android based on custom tags found in the files it reads from the phone's microSD card?

For example, I want a view which sorts albums according to a custom date stamp in the audio tags.  The date is available in two tags, one as a literal text string (month/day/year) and the other as a MC date code.  This is easily done in JRiver MC, but what about for local files read by JR4A?

(2) Can JR4A display the lyrics tag text found in files read from the phone's microSD card?

I wish it were possible to have a free limited evaluation copy in order to try these and current features before purchasing.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up