INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Program Crashing  (Read 1406 times)

redmodred

• Recent member
JRiver Program Crashing
« on: April 20, 2020, 03:25:49 pm »

JRiver Program Frequent Crashes:

I have three (3) computers in the house running JRiver setup as Servers.  All are running Windows 10 (two are Pro and one is Home Edition)  All are running JRiver 26.0.30, 64 bit version.  I use Bryston BDP-2 as the rendering device.  I am pulling music from my WD MyBookLive NAS. I use Gizmo to control what's playing.

Basically IF you let an album play to the end, JRiver crashes or just Closes silently basically every time.

Music will simply quit, usually at end-of-album but sometimes also mid-song.  Gizmo becomes unresponsive.  And, when I check the computer JRiver Program has shut down.  When I restart JRiver, I don't get any notes or messages it just restarts as if nothing had happened.  After one server crashes I can go into Gizmo and select a 2nd different server continue listening to music, so, doesn't seem like the Bryston BDP-2 renderer is having any trouble, just JRiver.

If I play music using JRiver locally to the PC the Program is installed on and pulling FLAC files from the same NAS drive, NO issues.  Plays for hours at a time no crashes or hiccups.

Any tips on how to debug further would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: this setup has worked nearly flawlessly thru version after version of JRiver for several years running....  until this issue that is

Thanks,
John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver Program Crashing
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 03:29:21 pm »

Take a look at the Windows Defender thread here for instructions.  Don't run another antivirus program.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 03:57:32 pm »

First, update to MC26.0.56. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124875.0.html

Next, it sounds like you have three independent instances of MC running, and all set to play to your Bryston BDP-2 as a DLNA Renderer. Even though you say this has worked for several years, I would suspect that this is the issue. Maybe some change in MC, your network, or the Renderer (firmware update?) has caused this to now be a problem.

Turn on logging on one of the Clients, replicate the problem, and see if anything shows in the log.
Also, test with just one PC running and see if the issue happens.
In fact, reboot all the PCs, your router, and the phone, then see if the problem goes away.

Maybe have a look through the Release Notes for any change that may have affected this issue. https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes_MC26
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 04:08:14 pm »

Ah, I see you have posted about this problem before: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,122813.0.html

Based on the log lines below it looks like the crash happens right after talking to the Bryston BDP-2.
26949625: 13216: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfo::UpdateFileInfo: Zone {bryston-bdp-2} Playback state is PLAYING Position 295000, Duration 295000
26949625: 13216: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing

Try the stuff above anyway, and produce a new log. I can't read the Crash Dump files very well, but that should provide a hint as to what is happening. Post the whole log zip file. Make it as small as you can by resetting the log then quickly recreating the issue.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DJLegba

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 05:52:28 pm »

Today I posted a similar problem here https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124968.0.html

My log file has the same message:

0563781: 3552: Playback: CPlayerZoneDisplayInfo::UpdateFileInfo: Zone {Mu-so Qb-839A} Playback state is PLAYING Position 11000, Duration 499000
0563781: 3552: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
0563781: 3552: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 275, wParam: 6001, lParam: 0

(Only the wParam value is different)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 06:51:11 pm »

Also a DLNA issue. So maybe this change broke something,

26.0.56 (4/11/2020)
3. Fixed: DLNA could incorrectly be in audio streamer mode.

or didn't quite fix some issue created by this.
26.0.51 (4/8/2020)
3. NEW: DLNA zones show audio path information during playback (still a work in progress).

Although redmodred reported this happening in MC26.0.12 and in several version of MC25.

redmodred

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 07:17:09 am »

I've done all the steps on Windows Defender, they didn't resolve the problem.   I've turned off Windows Defender completely, that didn't solve it.

I've run each of my three Windows 10 JRiver servers one-at-a-time in hopes that maybe one of them would work without this crashing problem, didn't run any better.

I've completely uninstalled JRiver on one Windows 10 system.  After re-install, same issue.

The Bryston has had firmware from 12/2019 up until this weekend.  I loaded the 4/15/2020 updated firmware from Bryston hoping for a fix, still crashing JRiver.

Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.778)

I've also updated to JRiver 26.0.56 today, I'll see IF that helps tonight

Crashed a few times last night, but when I checked just now I see I'd forgotten to turn logging Back On after reloading JRiver.... I've re-enabled logging and will send over the next crash dump

DJLegba

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 08:32:07 am »

Check the thread I linked earlier. Matt says he has a fix ready in the next build.

redmodred

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 08:43:24 am »

Okay thanks, build 56 is available under Latest (less stable) updates.  I'm assuming to get 66 I'd have to goto Beta, but, I don't have a password for it (& I'm not a member of the Beta Team.  I can wait a bit for 66 to hit prime time...

redmodred

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 03:11:41 pm »

Here's the log after JRiver Closed (Crashed) after play just 3 songs to the end of an album...

Running JRiver 26.0.56...

redmodred

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 03:31:00 pm »

Just 2 songs, you can watch it tick off the last second of the last song on the album, and, POOF JRiver simply Closes (Crashes..)

redmodred

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2020, 03:53:31 pm »

Okay thanks, build 56 is available under Latest (less stable) updates.  I'm assuming to get 66 I'd have to goto Beta, but, I don't have a password for it (& I'm not a member of the Beta Team.  I can wait a bit for 66 to hit prime time...

As indicated, needed to wait for Build 66, and it does indeed fix the frequent crashing when sending music to a DLNA Renderer.  I've also verified things are still fine with Build 69 and Build 80.  Cheers to Matt for the fix....

Pages: [1]   Go Up