INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: after recording all playback is slow  (Read 1721 times)

Kika

• nothing more to say...
after recording all playback is slow
« on: December 11, 2002, 06:32:14 pm »

Had this up and running for two days and having a blast with it. Until I attempted to record a short track from a portable cassette player. It was attached from the earphone port on the player to the line-in port on sound card. Never could get it to work so tried microphone input. That would at least capture some audio but the playback is real slow. Now ALL my tracks ripped from cd's which were playing great now play super slow.

Searched board back to Sept for a post on this but only a couple on playback TOO FAST but no answers.

SOmebody gotta a clue?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: after recording ALL playback is SLOOOOOOOW!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 07:29:27 pm »

MJ v8 I assume?

Make sure you have latest MJ build and install right over the top of the existing MJ. May fix it.

If not...you may have damaged your sound card. The "mic in" port is highly amplified by the soundcard, and wasn't meant for the stronger voltage/amperage that your portable puts out. Have you rebooted since then? (which will reset everything)

10-27

ohohyodasoda

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: after recording ALL playback is SLOOOOOOOW!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2002, 12:28:38 am »

Ah Ha,  So there is someone else out there with the same problem I have.  I also can not get the line in or mixer inputs for the sound recorder to operate.  Like you I can only get Microphone to function.  I am running W2000 and newest release of MJ8 and use a soundblaster pci128 mocel 4700.  What are you running?  I do not have the Slooooooow problem though.   I would not think that pluging the earphone from the casset player into the Mic input would damage it.  Worst case would be that you would overload the mic input and get a lot of distortion of the sound.  If I get a resolution to the recorder input problem I will let you know.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: after recording all playback is slow
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2002, 04:11:35 am »

Now ALL my tracks ripped from cd's which were playing great now play super slow.

I don't think that's a problem in MJ.  It may be the sound card driver or the OS.  Reinstalling the sound card software might help.

Kika

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2002, 02:45:07 pm »

I'm happy to say I did not blow the sound card. I was able to restore playback by resetting the audiio settings. I can't say exactly what I did. I just went into the audio settings and just tweaked a few things. Nothing major. now it works again.

That was on a new ECS KS75A mobo rebuild. It has on-board C-Media audio. I just received a new Dell 4550 2.4ghz system with upgrade video. A Sound Blaster I think. I may try the analog input again on this one and see what happens.

Always an adventure.

Peace to all and Happy Holidays from Seabrook Texas USA.

Kika

BTW, shameless plug for Samsung 955DF 19" display. big Wow for a $240 monitor. (from Gateway, no shipping chg.)

gss

• Be cool.
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2002, 08:24:00 am »

I suddenly have this same symptom! I've been using MJ for over a year and suddenly today the playback is very slowwwww. Stevie Wonder sounds more like Barry White. Help!  This was happening with the lastest V8 version, I upgraded to V9 and it's still happening.

I can't recall making any changes really to anything, other than installing a bluetooth card a week or so ago. I'm running this on a new Compaq laptop with plenty of memory/horsepower. I'm playing back files that I ripped from CD's.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

gss

• Be cool.
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2002, 09:30:31 am »

Never mind!

I figured it out. Sort of.

I noticed that my battery charging indicator was staying on for a very long time after I had booted up this morning with the laptop in a port replicator. My external monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer all worked so it seemed to be seated OK.

I powered down, re-seated the laptop in the port replicator, powered back up and Stevie sounds like Stevie again...as opposed to sounding like Stevie on downers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up