INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.25 beta available  (Read 4050 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.25 beta available
« on: December 29, 2003, 05:19:06 pm »

Media Center 10.0.25 beta is available.

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10025.exe

10.0.25 (12/29/03)

1. Changed: Clean File Properties > Capitalization tool deals better with square brackets, semi-colons, and forward slashes.
2. Fixed: Data CD specific options would not show up in data burning mode.
3. Fixed: Ctrl+F wouldn't always select the proper path when not in 'All' media mode.
4. Fixed: List double-click to search entire library was not showing up properly outside of 'All' media mode.
5. Fixed: Tree item toolbar buttons and keyboard shortcuts were not working properly.
6. Fixed: Customize toolbar dialog would list non-configurable toolbars in dropdown.
7. Changed: Options dialog remembers last page, even if cancel is pressed.
8. Changed: Media Mode remembered between sessions.
9. Changed: Image menu didn't show "Copy to Clipboard" command for images. (only audio)
10. Changed: Added 'Import' to CD view's right-click menu.
11. Fixed: Locate command was not working outside of 'All' media mode.
12. Fixed: Using pane tagging to change the date would not always work.
13. Changed: Updating the tree will always ensure that the current item is visible.
14. Changed: Action Window updating / resizing more efficient. (let us know if there are areas updating too little or too much)
15. Fixed: Exiting party mode could sometimes cause changes to be saved instead of discarded.
16. NEW: Added "no files -- double-click here to play all files" feature to Playing Now.
17. Fixed: List headers would flash when scrolling lists in details mode.
18. Changed: Removed beta timeout. (was January 4, 2004)
19. Changed: MC allows creation of empty view schemes.
20. Changed: Recent Playing Now playlists excluded from tooltips.
21. Changed: Tooltip images drawn as large as possible.

10.0.24 (12/24/03) -- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

1. Fixed: View schemes with grouped fields were not saving / loading properly.
2. Fixed: Duration after import of some AAC files was incorrect.
3. Changed: Several enhancements to new Action Window burning system.
4. Fixed: Reordering files (via drag-n-drop) would select a dropped file multiple times if it occured more than once in the list.
5. Changed: In-place editing combobox enlarged to account for drop arrow.
6. Changed: Updated Media Mode toolbar art.
7. Fixed: In-place editing would show the wrong values for the "selected set" portion of the list.
8. Changed: In-place editing handles more values before saying <too many to list>.

10.0.23 (12/22/03)

1. NEW: Ability to import AAC tag information into MC.
2. NEW: New Action Window based system for burning CDs. (still a work in progress)

10.0.22 (12/19/03)

1. Fixed: Media Center could report an error after finshing a track, even if there was no error.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
Re:Media Center 10.0.25 beta available
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 06:12:31 pm »

Matt,

I have set to startup in Media Library expanding the tree. Using Media Mode Buttons always closes the expanded tree. I have a number of sub-level view schemes below Audio and Images. It is a real annoyance that selecting the Media Mode Button collapses the library tree.

Is this expected behaviour or just unfinished work?

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 06:29:39 pm »

After playing around with it, Here are my issues...

1. Whenever you navigate from track to track, the Handheld icon in AW flashes.
2. PARTY MODE: If it's on and you make changes and then turn it off, the changes are made to the tags?? If your in PM and you turn off MC and then turn it back on, PM is not on... Either one makes no sence... Would still like to see absolutley no changes allowed in Party mode, Not even temperary... Or maybe an option.
3. When you turn MC on, it does not default to "Audio Only" or whatever setting you had.[/color]
4. Is there a function that clears playing now on exit? If not, can this be added?
5. I took a look at Winamp 5 today, and although it has nowhere near the same functionality, there panes work alot faster. Also you may want to take a look to see how they have there eq on the player. MC would benefit to that!
6. When scrolling everything blurs for a second.. Kinda annoying.
7. Speed... MC strong point is that you can have album art, Bios and Lyrics.. However this slowes down the database alot... Is this being looked at?
8. The SEARCH bar, this really is tooo small and in the wrong place.... Any chance that this can be moved back, or at least adjustable on the user side?
9. When you turn on MC, it would be nice if a screen came up asking you what library you wanted...
10. Would be nice if we could load songs into the Database from our handheld, and work like a HD... Play music back through MC while keeping the file on the handheld.
11. When you first select a track, (for the first time) it takes about 10 seconds and then goes to Buffering... This only happens with the first track.

Well that's about it....
-

ZRocker

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 08:00:35 pm »

MC 10 and 9.1 Bugs:
1. MC wigs out if you build a data burn list, rename the folders (manually...to sequence them as 01, 02, etc.) and press F5 to refresh (so the folder list display in alphabetical order).  The burn is ok (correct folders), but the display is wacked:

See:

ZRocker

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 08:15:27 pm »

Bugs:
1. With the new AW-only CD burning dialog, can't figure out how you cancel a CD burn.  Can you?  If you hit the AW back button, the CD burn list tree remains, so canceled can't be assumed.  If AW back is supposed to cancel, it'd be nice if MC asked 'Are you sure?' if you have a burn list going (ie, files in the list).

2. With the new AW-only CD burning dialog, you can't see how much space you have remaining (to add more files for the burn). This information is available in MC 9.1.

3. Clicking the Burn CD icon (toolbar) does not start the AW burn dialog on the first screen, but takes you directly to the big BURN button screen.  So, you don't get to specifiy audio or data cd.  NOTE:  I had NO active burn list going...no existing AW burn dialog.

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2003, 08:46:50 pm »

I've got a few mp3 files that core dump MC, sometimes I get the message saying it must terminate, other times MC just goes away.

Does anyone at MC want a copy of the mp3 that crashes MC?

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2003, 09:28:53 pm »

Still getting performance problems with this build.

Just expanding a folder in ThumbsPlus cause an audio glitch.

Platu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2003, 09:35:22 pm »

I'm glad to see that development on Hairstyle mode is continuing. Thank you for adding back the ability to create empty view schemes. This was important for eliminating unnecesary clutter in Hairstyle. I'm on the verge of being able to use Hairstyle in an efficient manner. Just 3 items that would go a long way towards Hairstyle ease of use...

Hairstyle Requests
-----------------------
1. Allow us to set a default view (thumbnails or list) independently for audio, video and images. (Logically in Hairstyle Options dialog)

2. When something finishes playing fullscreen, automatically return the user back to Hairstyle at the screen they were originally.

3. Allow us to set a password (like in Party mode) that would be required to exit Hairstyle mode. I need to lock this system down from the rest of the family.

That's it.  Great job guys!

-Platu

mooseman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003, 12:27:22 am »

NEW: Ability to import AAC tag information into MC.

Is this referring to iTunes files?

Oh please, oh please, oh please.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2003, 01:19:32 am »

- When trying to convert a file(s) from within "Drives & Devices/My Computer/...",
it says that there are no files selected and jumps to my CD device.

It only starts converting this file(s) if I put them in Playing now first.

- Can TV controls (Recording & Timeshifting) & DVD controls in hairstyle be at a better place then in Display options ? Or even better, create "windows messages" for these actions

- In hairstyle when doing "mjextman /Command Play" on a song (when not in file mode), it starts playing that song, when doing this with TV channels, it will start always the first channel

may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2003, 03:20:19 am »

Still having problems with the media jukebox typelibrary not being registered when MC is installed.
I can't continue making my plugin while this isn't working... can you verify if it's missing from MC setup or if it's a problem on my end.

Thanks,

Scott.

(Originally posted in this thread)

Sauzee

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2003, 08:41:00 am »

If I look under the Band tag field it always contains the name of the album, not the band.

Surely this can't be correct ?

On a related point, when would one use the Band tag field?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2003, 08:52:04 am »

I've got a few mp3 files that core dump MC, sometimes I get the message saying it must terminate, other times MC just goes away.

Does anyone at MC want a copy of the mp3 that crashes MC?

Thanks.  Please send it to matt @ jriver.com (no spaces)

Still having problems with the media jukebox typelibrary not being registered when MC is installed.
I can't continue making my plugin while this isn't working... can you verify if it's missing from MC setup or if it's a problem on my end.

It should register whenever you run MC.  Isn't it?

I have set to startup in Media Library expanding the tree. Using Media Mode Buttons always closes the expanded tree. I have a number of sub-level view schemes below Audio and Images. It is a real annoyance that selecting the Media Mode Button collapses the library tree.

Is this expected behaviour or just unfinished work?

Does Options > Tree & View > Auto-expand tree give you what you want?

ZRocker

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2003, 09:28:25 am »

Hey Matt...

Any acknowledgement that MC can't display v1 comment tags from newly imported MP3 files?  This is a continuing problem and exist in MC 9.1 as well...it used to work fine a few months back.  The comments are there (if you look at File Type Info), but not shown in Tag Info or the Content View Comment column.  Again, this is only for 'new' MP3 files (ones not currently in MC's database).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2003, 09:40:06 am »

Hey Matt...

Any acknowledgement that MC can't display v1 comment tags from newly imported MP3 files?  This is a continuing problem and exist in MC 9.1 as well...it used to work fine a few months back.  The comments are there (if you look at File Type Info), but not shown in Tag Info or the Content View Comment column.  Again, this is only for 'new' MP3 files (ones not currently in MC's database).

Yeah, should be fixed next build.  Thanks Z.

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2003, 10:32:37 am »

Still having problems with CD Burning when I want to burn a data CD -- I cannot find the dialog anywhere nor does it come up autmatically as it did in earlier builds.

Did "Build Playlist" and showing playlist contents go away in this build?

System info:

Media Center Registered 10.0.25 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2373 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 329 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-48125W         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Thank you,

John

a2hoo

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2003, 10:38:49 am »

Ive been away for awhile..are smart playlists gone, just away on vacation, or did I accidentally delete them?

I LOVE how you have the new music, images, and video icons work and the tree reflects what you have chosen.  This makes the tree much cleaner.

I would suggest going back to a "note" icon for music... A CD is too generic these days and does not necessarily represent music.  Also I would improve the video icon...

ANy plans for a blue steel mini me or any new mini mes?  I like sonix media but am getting kind of sick of it

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2003, 12:23:42 pm »

Hello there,

Does anyone have the same problem? Yesterday I upgraded from 10.0.24 to 10.0.25 and all seemed to go well. Played some music for a good part of the evening.

This morning when I fired up the computer, MC10 told me that my trial period had expired. (I have a V9 licence).

But when I fired up V10.0.24 yesterday, it had indicated that I had 17 days (or so...) left for the trial...

Now I can't use MC anymore... :-(

Any help would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.

Michel.

Sauzee

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2003, 01:27:43 pm »

DSP isn't working with AAC files [at least not with Nero encoded AAC files]

Nick-S

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2003, 02:02:34 pm »

Hi,

Pleeeeaaaase put the search bar to where it belongs (That means back to the location at where it was before) It's much better when the play-progress-bar is always of the same size and is not smaller or bigger when you have smartlists or searches running.

Though (<- don't know if it's the right word... my english isn't really good) there are great improvements in the latest patch.

Thanks.

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2003, 02:17:39 pm »

Still having problems with CD Burning when I want to burn a data CD -- I cannot find the dialog anywhere nor does it come up autmatically as it did in earlier builds.

Did "Build Playlist" and showing playlist contents go away in this build?

Don't know what I was seeing last night; however, the dialogue is there today and "build playlist" is too. Last night I clicked on build playlist and the only the only thing that showed was a listing of all playlists.

Sorry about the earlier comment.

Thank you,

John

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2003, 02:30:08 pm »

Tried playing around with Hairstyle in this version and had the following issues. I'm not sure if these are the result of my ignorance or real missing features. Here they are in order of importance to me.

1. When selecting Audio from the HS main menu, I get a list of my view schemes as well as of all of my genres. Is there any way to avoid getting the list of all the genres?

2. I don't want to have some of my view schemes show up in Hairstyle. Is there any way to accomplish this? For example, the scheme that shows all my OTR shows is useful for massive tagging changes, but really has no place in HS (I use a view scheme broken down by a tree of categories).

3. Is there a way to have MC launch and go directly to a submenu of HS (with the ability to go down to lower submenus from there but no up to higher submenus) with a command line parameter (or otherwise)? For example, I'd like to be able to launch MC and use it as a menu for playing audio files only sometimes, but other times I'd like to launch it and have it give access to only certain viewscheme's video files.

4. Any way to toggle just between HS and Fullscreen modes without having to go through the Jukebox mode too?

5. Any way to configure visualizations from within HS?

6. Shouldn't Display Options be moved from the Player menu to the View Menu?

7. Shouldn't HS skins appear in the Skin Manager.

None of these are buggy behavior, but (as you had indicated the making HS more useful) hopefully they constitute some useful feedback. Can you let me know if you plan to implement any of these features/behaviors?

Thanks.

Marko

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2003, 02:30:30 pm »

30/12/03

Bugs
1. [date] field not being saved to file. (this option is off by default, but I want it on, so I turned it on. It's not working)

2. streaming wma still hit & miss. digitallyimported wma streams are working, but still erratic. Add a couple of streams (I tested using the 56k links) to playing now and start one playing...
   4a. MC identifies the stream as .wmv and won't use viz'ns. Telling MC that this is in fact audio, not video makes no difference. This one also applies to .ram streams.
   4b. Sticking with the DI streams, the elapsed time counter doesn't work.
   4c. Still with DI streams, MC cannot detect (or is not displaying) the stream bitrate (displays ? instead)
   4d. Using the 2 streams added to playing now earlier, double-click the second while the first is playing. MC gets very confused (Xfade problems perhaps?)

After this, MC will crash with no error message.
       (Thread for wma streaming discussion)

3. streaming .ram audio. MC initially catalogues these as video streams. After changing the filetype to audio, vizualisations still don't play.

4. 'Right click > locate > external, opens the containing folder in explorer, but the target file is not selected.

5. Image > quick find in file/coverart directory does not pick up correctly named .bmp files

Annoyances
1. Bump --->Link

2. Rip CD (bug?): Insert audio disc, click on "rip cd". The "norm" up to now has been for MC to automatically parse cd-rom drives and present them for ripping. Now, I get a "no files selected" dialogue and must select the drive to rip from prior to ripping

3. Can't believe you removed the "recursive" options from my computer. All those times I goofed and wound up with C:\ selected, the cancel button worked just fine for me. Is it not possible to filter the root or even selected folders from the recursive command? Need to have this back, please.

4. Pane header right click options. Why remove such an immensly functional menu? Now, instead of right-click, move left/right, then back again, we have to pop that dialogue and play with up/down buttons, then go back and do it all again to put things back.

5. This feels really uncomfortable. After trying to really use the action window, it winds up like so.... http://foc.no-ip.com/pics/aw.jpg. Feels extremely claustrophobic. It really began to grind. In taginfo view for example, it was just using much needed screen real estate, and I had absolutely no way to take control of it.

Wishlist
1. rename files from properties: Can we have an MRU button (for recently used locations) next to the browse button for "base directory"

2. remember action window state across sessions

3. remember right-click MRU across sessions

4. Auto-complete: Would be neat if this could also "auto-dropdown" and filter the list. (I always forget to drop-down first and think auto-complete is broke)

5. Long time wish :)

Thank You
remember category bar state across sessions (not reset to "all") :D

Media Center Registered 10.0.25 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1602 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 429 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive P:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive R:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\tada.wav

Burning /  Drive Q: TDK      DVDRW0404N         Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive R: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2003, 03:32:14 pm »

This has been a slight irritation for a while and it only just occurred to me that there might actually be something you guys could do about it.

There are a couple of TrackInfo templates I use, that have links on them to Google searches about that artist, or lyrics or whatever. The problem is, anytime I'm listening to an artist with certain punctuation in their name, like 'Weird Al' Yankovic, or Guns N' Roses, an error pops up, because the single quote is confusing the HTML renderer.

So I just wondered if there was someway that MC could strip out these HTML unfriendly characters? Or return them in such a way that they display properly?

Platu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2003, 03:33:06 pm »

1. When selecting Audio from the HS main menu, I get a list of my view schemes as well as of all of my genres. Is there any way to avoid getting the list of all the genres?

You'll need to remove all columns from the view scheme that shows the genres. This build allow the creation of empty view schemes.

2. I don't want to have some of my view schemes show up in Hairstyle. Is there any way to accomplish this? For example, the scheme that shows all my OTR shows is useful for massive tagging changes, but really has no place in HS (I use a view scheme broken down by a tree of categories).

I wish we could define which view schemes show in Hairstyle as well. The workaround is to define the view schemes you use for tagging, etc in ALL MEDIA mode and make sure they don't hang off of the Audio, Video or Images branches. These will be ignored by Hairstyle.

4. Any way to toggle just between HS and Fullscreen modes without having to go through the Jukebox mode too?

The windows shortcut menu key does this.

- Platu

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2003, 03:46:50 pm »

In my computer view, I select a bunch of APE files, click "convert format" and then MC says "gathering information and updating view" then changes to a different folder and tells me there are no files to convert. This also happens when selecting "convert format" from the drop menu as well as the toolbar button. As of yet, I have not been able to get MC10 to convert any files.

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2003, 04:52:58 pm »

I posted a problem I had in Convert under 10.024.  My Skip Duplicates didn't work.  I wonder if these are related.  I will try again with .025 and see what happens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up