INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Action Window exernal?  (Read 957 times)

Bryan

• World Citizen
Action Window exernal?
« on: January 05, 2004, 10:14:42 pm »

I just upgraded from 10.0.13 to 10.0.28 and registered.  Thanks for the $9.99 bargin..  

With the upgrade I can no longer close the AW or make it external.   How do I do this?   I can't figure it out.

Honestly, I've given this AW thing a thorough working through the past few months and I have concluded I don't really like it.  I find myself making many more mouse clicks to acomplish the same task vs. Version 9. Tabs for the various pages would help but it's still a clicking nightmare compared to eariler versions.  With this latest build and not being able to expand AW or make it an external window, it's become a scrolling nightmare in addition to the clicking nightmare.  Am I doing something wrong or does tagging seem to be getting exponentially ,more complicated as the product progresses ?  I've tried Tagging mode and it's even more work.  I don't like it at all.

Can we get back the ability to separate the AW ??

Thanks
Bryan

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Action Window ??
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 05:58:08 am »

I can no longer close the AW or make it external.  How do I do this?

There is no way to do it.

There have been a few threads about this recently, but I got the impression that this probably isn't going to change...at least for v10, anyway.

Rob

LisaRCT

Re:Action Window exernal?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 10:31:16 am »

It might be nice if they'd acknowledge that there is or isn't a chance of this (and other wishes/requests).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 10:49:31 am »

Lisa,
Are you thinking about buying a new pair of shoes?

We think about everything.

Jim

zevele10

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 11:18:57 am »

The logic is that it will stays as it is.

Because it is the way they feel ,built the program.
They may not know where they are going the next day.
But they know where they are going as a global goal.

Now , they may manage with users comments.

I may be wrong ,but it is how i see it

Bryan

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 02:28:48 pm »

It would be nice to at least make it a separate external window.. Then I could size it to fit all the playlists that I assign songs to without scrolling up and down all the time.   It truly is more effort to get the same tasks done with this revision.  We called that a "regression" at MS...   but who cares....

I do like the way you can keep several "panes" open at once now and one-click between them. That's a definate improvement that lessens the pain somewhat..  Being able to size the window would help.  I simply have too many playlists to assign to each song to make TM feasible.. otherwise I would use it.

Thanks
Bryan

Pages: [1]   Go Up