INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.73 beta available  (Read 6070 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.73 beta available
« on: February 18, 2004, 05:48:05 pm »

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

Please reserve this thread for obvious bugs.  If you're not sure, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.

Please keep a list of issues you find and report them with each build until we have addressed them.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10073.exe

IMPORTANT -- This build includes a re-worked handheld system.  Only IPOD, WMDM, and Nomad Jukebox players currently work (for Nomads, please install the new plug-in -- 9.0.33).  Tread lightly if handheld support is important to you.

10.0.73 (2/18/04)

1. Changed: Album Analyzer no longer case sensitive when looking at artist names.
2. NEW: MC includes updated and improved Z skin.
3. NEW: Removable drive handhelds have a database -- synch and analyze are now much faster.
4. Changed: In Download Manager, Pause All button toggles between "Pause All" and "Unpause All".
5. Fixed: A link in the skin manager window was loading old skin page.
6. Changed: Currently playing file item, in content view, now uses bold font.
7. Fixed: "Update Tags (from library)" would erroneously ask for confirmation to keep changes when complete.
8. Fixed: Pg Up and Pg Down weren't selecting the next / previous track while editing in the AW.
9. Fixed: iPod last played could be off by an hour for DST.
10. Fixed: When tagging in the AW, clicking a new file could cause it to get updated along with the current file.

10.0.72 (2/17/04)

1. NEW: MC included updated Remote Server (Options > Startup) -- several bug fixes and better support of new view scheme system. (thanks Ben)
2. Fixed: ASIO playback did not work with ASIO drivers that didn't operate in their own thread.
3. Changed: In-place editing disabled for handheld players -- organize in MC before transferring.
4. Changed: Tuned album analyzer so that instead of having to be a complete album to be a mix, files will just have to be the only album in the directory.
5. Changed: If an empty password is used for Access Control, MC won't prompt for a password anymore.
6. Fixed: Access Control was not allowing custom searches.
7. NEW: Added tree selection skin item. (see Blue Steel for an example)
8. Changed: Scrollbar not always visible in Action Window home. (only when necessary)
9. Changed: Action Window home doesn't show gridlines.
10. Changed: Action Window header text more prominent.
11. Fixed: Ability to transfer m4b files to iPod.
12. Fixed: Available and used space in portable synching dialogue.
13. Fixed: Audible (AA) files wouldn't always play on iPod.

10.0.71 (2/16/04)

1. Fixed: Track artist names in CD-Text were not being read properly for CD's new to MC.
2. Changed: Using the smartlist "No Duplicates" shuffles before running so there aren't a lot of track #1 files.
3. Changed: Default sorting uses 'Album Artist (auto)' instead of plain 'Artist'. (affects SDK / automation / NetRemote as well)
4. Changed: Root of "Quick Play > Media Library" menu no longer shows view scheme items next to child view schemes.
5. Changed: Album Analyzer doesn't consider an album a mix album unless it is also complete -- will cause far less false (Multiple Artist) entries on less organized libraries.
6. Changed: Media Center includes an improved "Green Eyes" skin.
7. NEW: Added Tree & View option "Auto collapse tree." (on by default)
8. Fixed: When selecting a handheld player in the Action Window that couldn't initialize, MC would show an error message repeatedly.
9. Fixed: Showing a handheld that wouldn't initialize in the tree would throw several identical message boxes.
10. Changed: Copy (and cut) in the search box does a better job of copying the selection instead of always full tokens.
11. Fixed: OGG files couldn't be burned to an audio CD.
12. Changed: Drive letter from CD burning session is remembered for subsequent burn sessions.
13. Fixed: Problem sending tag info to portables with a '|' character.
14. Fixed: Playcount and Rating synching to MC from Portables.
15. Fixed: "MC not responding" message during initialization of Portables.
16. Changed: Reworked removable drive player synchronization to be compatible with new synchronization in MC.
17. Fixed: The error reporting mechanism for secure rip mode was broken.
18. Fixed: Entering trailing / leading slashes in the Send To > Web or FTP dialog would cause errors.

10.0.70 (2/13/04)

1. Changed: Changing the frame rate of visualizations no longer requires a playback restart.
2. NEW: Search post process commands (start with ~) are evaluated in order, and multiple of the same command can be used. (some advanced smartlists may need to be tuned to work)
3. Fixed: Smartlists wouldn't update on-the-fly while editing them.
4. NEW: Added an option to "Auto show when playback stops" to Theater View.
5. Fixed: Starting TV playback from Theater View wouldn't always start with the correct channel.
6. Fixed: Playing Now wouldn't always update properly when removing duplicates.
7. Fixed: Download Manager was leaking memory.
8. Fixed: MC was incorrectly reporting duration of streams in ASX files.
9. Fixed: Handheld action window was accepting streaming files.
10. Fixed: Better checking is done regarding the type of files being dropped onto a Handheld device.
11. Changed: Auto selection of CD burn mode (audio or data) happens in some cases, depending on file types.
12. Fixed: iPod playlists would not save if player disconnected from outside of MC.
13. Fixed: WMDM uploads broken in last MC build.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Media Center 10.0.73 beta available
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 07:01:26 pm »

As mentioned in previous build:

The Picture Cube 3D Visualization no longer seems to change album art as playing songs change (from different albums).  It always displays the cover of the song selected when play is hit.  If you hit stop and play again, it does reload the correct art, but then if if you hit next or previous it never changes.  The other 3D Visualizations change as expected.

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 07:08:16 pm »

When converting a file (ape to mp3 vbr) the directory for the file is Album Artist/Album.
Even if the path is supposed to be Artist/Album...

-

markp99

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 07:10:25 pm »

Any chance to get the Synchronization ACTION added to the Handheld Action Window??  Seems a logical location to capture this task...

I find it just a bit of a chore to drill down to  "Drives&Devices > H:" then right click, then select "Synchronize".

I do have an iPod icon in the main/top toolbar; but, I doubt a novice user will think/know about adding this convenience icon without prompting...

markp99

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 07:50:35 pm »

Small bug noted in this and previous few MC10 releases:

1.  Select a single record, edit the tag (i.e., rating)
2.  Move focus to another record

Then,

Problem:  A persistent dialog box "Please wait - Saving Tag Changes (1 of 1)" appears, and cannot be cleared or closed without exiting MC10.

Very common occurence for me.  I am able to get this to pretty reliably repeat for a single or multi-selection and tag updateafter a fresh computer re-boot...  Will happen on two or three MC10 restarts in a row, then will not repeat until a reboot.

Note:  When MC10 is exited in this condition "Eject on Close" does NOT eject the iPod...

LonWar

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 08:12:28 pm »

When converting a file (ape to mp3 vbr) the directory for the file is Album Artist/Album.
Even if the path is supposed to be Artist/Album...

I reverted back to .70 and everything is fine... THis is a issue with 71 and 72
-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 08:50:19 pm »

Problem:  A persistent dialog box "Please wait - Saving Tag Changes (1 of 1)" appears, and cannot be cleared or closed without exiting MC10.

What type of file are you editing?  Are they on a network drive or similar?

Please start a thread on this so we can chase it more.  It's not something we've heard before.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 08:54:54 pm »

Any chance to get the Synchronization ACTION added to the Handheld Action Window??  Seems a logical location to capture this task...

I find it just a bit of a chore to drill down to  "Drives&Devices > H:" then right click, then select "Synchronize".

I do have an iPod icon in the main/top toolbar; but, I doubt a novice user will think/know about adding this convenience icon without prompting...

Agreed.  It may not happen until 10.1 though.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 09:10:18 pm »

Actually, can we get the synchronization progress window to run in the Action Window as well?

There are a number of time consuming tasks that can run in the background while music is playing, and it would be great if they all ran as different AW instances. Now each of them has a completely inconsistent window treatment.

These are:

1) Audio Analysis - floating dialog, can minimize
2) Import/Update Files - floating dialog, can't minimize, MC controls unavailable
3) iPod Sync - floating dialog, can't minimize, music & controls work

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2004, 09:14:56 pm »

I copy the bug below.  Man, do I love that cube on this new video card...   ;)

As mentioned in previous build:

The Picture Cube 3D Visualization no longer seems to change album art as playing songs change (from different albums).  It always displays the cover of the song selected when play is hit.  If you hit stop and play again, it does reload the correct art, but then if if you hit next or previous it never changes.  The other 3D Visualizations change as expected.

markp99

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2004, 09:34:27 pm »

What type of file are you editing?  Are they on a network drive or similar?  Please start a thread on this so we can chase it more.  It's not something we've heard before.

Hmmmm...as I attempt to verify the pattern, I can only reproduce for audible files (local files), thought I could swear I've seen it on mp3's as well...but I cannot confirm.  I'll keep trying.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2004, 12:04:58 am »

Trying to burn multiple CDs -- after one CD is done it says "Press Close or insert another CD". But inserting another CD does nothing. (This used to work). Ejecting and reinserting the CD doesn't work either. I have to close and then either click Rip CD (if the CD is already in there) or close and then insert a CD.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2004, 01:55:35 am »

Tried r/clicking on the icons at the main/top toolbar - get the "customise toolbar" message, click on it and nothing happens. Is there something that should happen?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2004, 05:52:30 am »

1)  When using Media Server to play files, you still get a "broken link" image (red "X" in white square) where the album art should be in the "track info/playing now" window.  All the other views show the cover art properly -- i.e. this issue only exists with the "track info" page, which is unfortunately the one I use the most.

2)  The 3D visualizations seem to have problems with nvidia cards.  I sometimes get solid grey or black where the album art should be wrapped around various objects like 3D starscope or 3D text.  Switching to another 3D visualization and back a couple times solves this issue, but when the song changes it will often change back to grey or black.  I've noticed this on 3 different systems with 3 different graphics cards (two different brands of GF4 Ti4600s, and a GF3 Ti200.)  This issue has been happening for me since 9.0.xxx.

Larry

chaznet

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2004, 06:47:00 am »

When I click on 'media library', the lower right corner of the status displays that I have '5.3 GB - 34.3 years' ... ?

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2004, 08:41:02 am »

I have an Archos AV380 Multimedia Jukoebox which is not WMDM compatible but it is detected as a handheld and prior to a few builds ago worked great.

When I first attempted to look at the device with this current build and nice little dialog box appeared atating that my unit needed to be initialized. Perhaps the dialog needs to explain what is happening and more importantly, assure the user that no data on the handheld will be erased.

My device is 80gigs and only 2 gigs have MP3s. The rest of it is filled with DivX files and DivX AVIs. It took over 15 minutes to initialize.

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2004, 08:58:25 am »

The Assorted checkbox in the "Rename Files From Properties" dialog is still broken.

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2004, 09:03:43 am »

MC has been shutting down inadvertantly at least once or twice a day (i run it 24/7).  It'll close in hte middle of a song, essentially.  Haven't determined if it's a certain type of file that causes it.  I play mp3s, both VBR and set-bit, so to speak...as well as OGG files.

Media Center Registered 10.0.72 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2794 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 204 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4824A   Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2004, 09:36:08 am »

i think i posted this here last night. but i was darn tired so cant remember. I just found this in the general forum or someone moved it there - if the latter is the case, then i apologise for moving it back

i use dreamstate view for playing now. when i switch to look at the lyrics (if there are too many) they fall off the bottom of the page. can you add a scaling function or a tool bar so i can scroll down to see the remaining lyrics

similar prob with neotropic - some album cover jpegs are too big and fall off the screen - scaling, please

thanks

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2004, 09:40:54 am »

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I had this same problem in a build from last week, I think.

Syching the iPod shows all the files in MC, but when browsing the iPod I don't see all my artists and my playlists are replaced with just a blank one.

Last time when I initialized it and then synched it again it brought everything back.  Hopefully it does again.

Again, before just a couple minutes ago, the last time I synched was late last week, I think.

Dan "da Man"

SteveG

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2004, 09:48:03 am »

Dan,

I think this will go away if you resynch. You should not have to intialize. The Artists that you see will be the Artist field in MC not Album Artist or AlbumArtist(auto).

Steve

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2004, 10:00:15 am »

Opening the AW "File Type Info" page with an offline synchonized file selected causes MC to crash with the following error:
Quote:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\...\Media Jukebox.exe

This application has requested  the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information.

[OK]

If you have the AW "File Type Info" page open and you navigate to an offline synchronized file you get the following message in a dialog box:
Quote:
PlaybackEng

The parameter is incorrect.

[OK]

-John

Media Center Registered 10.0.73 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1594 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 618 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive Z:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive Z: MATSHITA UJDA745 DVD/CDRW   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Herakles

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2004, 11:08:02 am »

Since the change to the album analyzer, this album doesn't show anymore as "(Multiple Artists)" even if it's a complete album... My bet would be that MC is considering every track as a single artist incomplete album before analyzing them to see if it's part of a mix album....

Album Artist (auto)Date (year)AlbumTrackNameArtist
Thievery Corporation2001Chillout Excellence12001 Spliff OdysseyThievery Corporation
Hazy Roomz2001Chillout Excellence2Herbal EssenceHazy Roomz
Tears of a Prophet2001Chillout Excellence3Follow MeTears of a Prophet
Lemongrass2001Chillout Excellence4Journey to a StarLemongrass
Blue Tonic World2001Chillout Excellence5Visions of Mother AsiaBlue Tonic World

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2004, 11:40:58 am »

Sometimes When You Set EQ Thru The SDK the sound seems muted even if the eq settings have changed to there correct location, clicking on the MC EQ with a slight adjustment will bring back the proper sound.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2004, 11:45:36 am »

Double clicking in Search should highlight the word, this is standard in most applications, it would be nice if tripple click highlighted the whole contents too.
Cheers
Rich

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2004, 11:53:06 am »

Herakles,

Make sure those files are in the same folder on the hard drive and that no files from other albums are in the same folder.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2004, 01:26:32 pm »

mkutsen,

1. The option to 'start in last location' does not work if Audio filter is applied to the Media Library;  MC starts in the 'start' page instead.

That is by design. MC does not store Media Modes, so on every restart it reverts back to All Media. That is by design, and unfortunately we will not be able to change this in the near future.

Nikolay

The problem is, it doesn't even revert to "All Media", it goes to the start page (if start in last location is selscted).  It would be preferrable if it at least reverted back to All Media.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2004, 01:40:20 pm »

mkutsen,
I've moved your post and Steve's reply to this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=19370

Please use a separate thread on problems unless you're sure it's a bug.

Thanks,

Jim

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2004, 02:47:12 pm »

When listenning to online radio stations, the information in the "playing now" screen doesn't update when the song changes -- I have to change to a different type of playing now screen and back again for it to show the new song.  The information on the "Play bar," however, does update.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up