INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-T TV Progress  (Read 47370 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: DVB-T TV Progress
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2007, 06:33:16 pm »

v181 Results looks Good!
1) Scan -  ;D Works great
2) Tune -  ;D Works great with sound regardless of if you start with either an MPEG, or DD or HD channel
3) Recording -  :( Does not work, same as before you select Record once and get a blank screen, selecting it again starts recording the blank screen as an AVI.  Also tried recording after enabling TS but this now does not work
4) TimeShift -  :) Seems to work!  I've not had a good play but PAUSE/PLAY/STOP works - when I pressed FWD/BACK I found I was switching channels and this seems to cause MC to hang.
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2007, 03:06:00 am »

V181

Looking good here too!

1. Tuning - Most problems sorted now. Occasionally getting digital noise through spdif out when starting TV on a HD channel. Finally got a log of this so I've sent it through. When I stop and restart, the problem goes away. It's very difficult to reproduce but happens to me at least once a day. It's not filter related because I've tried several.

2. Recording - This is fine for me. No probs at all. I hit record, OSD says it's recording. A DVR-MS file is produced which is playable once I stop recording. Hitting record during Time-shifting cancels Time-shifting though. Is this expected behaviour?

3. Time-Shifting - Working now on SD and HD channels. A persistent problem is still occuring though.. Once I hit pause to initiate time-shifting, all my video display controls (the brightness and contrast sliders etc) get set to the defaults. Worse than this though is when I stop TV (and therefore time-shifting also), all these display controls get set to the extreme minimum. As a result, the next time I attempt to play a channel, nothing is visible anymore. I must re-adjust all the sliders to "normal" levels manually. I've submitted a log of this also.

Thanks.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2007, 07:10:37 pm »

V182:

1) Scan - Have sent two logs (Scan1 with "Slow Checked").  Scanned serveral times but could not pick up the Channel 9 group for some reason any time
2) Tune - Have sent two logs (Tune1 is from the TheaterView IF).  Was getting some drop outs / jerkiness / tearing etc when in Theater View.  Also while the release notes say YUV is disabled, the option is still there and I in Tune.Log you will see I selected both it and BOB a couple of times and it did seem to make a difference.
3) Recording - No files are created for me but it now opens up an "Active Movie Window" with sound if you try to record a NON HD channel and without sound on an HD channel
4) Timeshift - Seems to work just fine (note: get the same results as in #3 if I try to then start recording when in timeshift)

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2007, 07:52:53 pm »

V182:
4) Timeshift - Seems to work just fine (note: get the same results as in #3 if I try to then start recording when in timeshift)

Hey Nathan, do you see the video display settings issue I described yesterday though?

Yaobing, did you see the cause for this in my log from yesterday?

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2007, 08:21:27 pm »

Yup, Similar - just tested & have sent a log to Yaobing) - when I end Timeshift the Contrast and Saturation is reset to 0 making it look like a dim B&W picture.  I have to hit "Default" to bring it back to normal "middle postion" which I do not normally change.
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2007, 08:28:50 pm »

Thanks guys.

I have not been able to do much on DVB-T TV today.

YUV mixing mode is not used for video playback, but is still available for TV as it is configurable (whereas is was not configurable in video and DVD playback).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2007, 04:23:25 am »

Tried tuning again and still no CH9 group.  I was also getting more stuttering of Video/Audio this time from StdView
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2007, 08:41:26 am »

There has not been any changes in scanning for several weeks. I wonder if local signal condition played a role.

I have not finish reading the logs, but it sounds like the there is a bug in ProcAmp control area.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2007, 11:38:04 am »

In the next build there will be the following fixes:

Fixed: Digital TV's Color Controls (ProcAmp settings) were messed up in recent builds.
Fixed: "Active Movie Window" was opened when trying to recover from digital TV recording graph failure.

I am still trying to figure out why Nathan could not record.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2007, 01:32:35 pm »

I'm not sure either as I used to be able to record if TS was already on otherwise it would try to grab a blank analog feed (could it be the S-Video input that is mapped as a Ch?)
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2007, 02:17:34 pm »

it would try to grab a blank analog feed (could it be the S-Video input that is mapped as a Ch?)

That was because the "ungraceful" handling of recording graph failure. The entire digital TV graph was dismantled, and somehow TV switched to analog TV.

Hopefully this will not happen again as I added code to restore digital TV viewing in case recording failed. Still I need to get the recording graph built successfully.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2007, 05:44:38 pm »

V183 (Quick Test)
1) Scan -  :( Still can not pick up Ch9 Group - rest works fine
2) Tune -  :) Working OK
3) Recording -  :( Get an error saying it could not do it but the "Active Movie Window" no longre appears and the channel is restored correctly
4) Timeshift - :) Seems to work just fine (note: get the same results as in #3 if I try to then start recording when in timeshift)

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2007, 04:07:33 pm »

2. Recording - This is fine for me. No probs at all. I hit record, OSD says it's recording. A DVR-MS file is produced which is playable once I stop recording. Hitting record during Time-shifting cancels Time-shifting though. Is this expected behaviour?

Yes, it is expected. Right now we do not have ability to record off time-shifting.

3) Recording -  :( Get an error saying it could not do it but the "Active Movie Window" no longre appears and the channel is restored correctly
There will be some change in recording code in the next build. However, the error you got is inexplicable. It seems that something is seriously wrong with your DirectX system. We will look into that after you test the next build.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2007, 04:13:25 pm »

There will be some change in recording code in the next build. However, the error you got is inexplicable. It seems that something is seriously wrong with your DirectX system. We will look into that after you test the next build.

Oops. I was a step behind again. The change did not get into 184.

I will email you the updated TV component.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2007, 06:46:35 pm »

Oops. I was a step behind again. The change did not get into 184.

I will email you the updated TV component.

OK, the change did get included in 185.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2007, 06:51:05 pm »

OK - will test now.  Have a good W'End
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2007, 07:53:00 pm »

v185 - Best Yet (usual logs being sent)
1) Scan -  ;D Works great
2) Tune -  ;D Works great
3) Recording -  :) I can record perfectly with the SD/MPEG channels! but there seems to be probs building the graph for any of the DD Channels as I get no sound in the recording or in MC and upon stoping the recording I've then got problems with stuttering until I tune to a SD/MPEG channel which seems to settle it back down (or a reboot)
4) TimeShift -  :) Like above, it seems to work fine with SD/MPEG and SD/DD channels but if I try to TS a HD channel - the TS files are created but MC is blank & no sound - and it then causes issues with stuttering & sound with subsequent tunning to SD channels. 
Thanks again - great progress!
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2007, 02:29:08 am »

V185

Generally looking pretty good now. Great work Yaobing!

Still a couple of problems though:-

1. I'm still getting digital noise (spdif out) when starting tv on HD channels. It is happening about 1 in every 5 attempts. I provided a log of this a few days ago. Was anything evident there? Sometimes I can stop and restart and it will be fine again. The last couple of times though, when I hit stop, MC crashed. I'll submit a log of this. This is probably the most serious issue for me at the moment.

Fixed: Digital TV's Color Controls (ProcAmp settings) were messed up in recent builds.
This is much better now but the brightness control still appears to have a mind of it's own. I don't know what's causing it, (timeshifting, repeated start-stop of tv ?) but each time I re-check my settings (Brightness down slightly and Saturation up) Brightness appear to slowly creep back up to the default (middle) setting.

EDIT 1
3. Just found another problem. I'm not getting any audio on 7HD. Other HD channels are fine. This was not occuring in build 181. Sending a log file of this also. EDIT 2 Ok. It looks like this might be related to that old issue where Channel 7 over here occasionally switch 7HD with 7SD. I just tried it again this morning and the audio is now fine.

Thanks
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2007, 12:31:56 pm »

V185

Generally looking pretty good now. Great work Yaobing!

Still a couple of problems though:-

1. I'm still getting digital noise (spdif out) when starting tv on HD channels. It is happening about 1 in every 5 attempts. I provided a log of this a few days ago. Was anything evident there? Sometimes I can stop and restart and it will be fine again. The last couple of times though, when I hit stop, MC crashed. I'll submit a log of this. This is probably the most serious issue for me at the moment.

2.   This is much better now but the brightness control still appears to have a mind of it's own. I don't know what's causing it, (timeshifting, repeated start-stop of tv ?) but each time I re-check my settings (Brightness down slightly and Saturation up) Brightness appear to slowly creep back up to the default (middle) setting.

EDIT 1
3. Just found another problem. I'm not getting any audio on 7HD. Other HD channels are fine. This was not occuring in build 181. Sending a log file of this also. EDIT 2 Ok. It looks like this might be related to that old issue where Channel 7 over here occasionally switch 7HD with 7SD. I just tried it again this morning and the audio is now fine.

Thanks
I have not found any cause for audio problem (static noise for HD channels) in the log file except that several times the system did not list any available components (audio, video and data streams) after it tuned to a HD channel. I wonder if this is just related to local signal fluctuation.

Did you get the same problem using different audio decoder filters?

At the end of the log file, when the program crashed, TV has already been successfully unloaded. Not sure what caused it.

I do see evidence of color controls drifting away from your set values. I will hunt it down and fix it.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2007, 05:41:55 pm »

Did you get the same problem using different audio decoder filters?

Yeah. Changing audio decoders was the first thing I tried. No change. I don't know what else to say about this one.. I'll install the latest build and I guess I'll just keep an eye on it.

I do see evidence of color controls drifting away from your set values. I will hunt it down and fix it.

Oh that's good. I look forward to seeing this fixed.  :)
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2007, 08:06:05 pm »

Oh that's good. I look forward to seeing this fixed.  :)

Fixed.

By the way, from your log file I see you trying to adjust the controls (a few times) when digital TV was not being played. This actually would adjust the values for analog TV tuner, which has a different mechanism. To make sure your adjustment takes effect for digital TV, you need to be viewing digital TV when you make the adjustment.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2007, 04:27:06 am »

v187 - (usual logs sent)
1) Scan - Works fine (note: this one took a very long time - seemed to pause a 20%)
2) Tune - Works great on most channels but the CH9 groups now suffers from stuttering (MPEG / SD / HD)
3) Recording -   Same as v185 - only get sound recorded on the MPEG channels.

thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2007, 06:48:51 am »

v187

1. I know this is not stricktly related to DVB-T TV but the selectable YUV Mixing Mode in this build is fantastic! Thanks.

I have not found any cause for audio problem (static noise for HD channels)
Hmmm... what to do? It doesn't take long for the issue to raise it's ugly head and then crash MC. As I said in my last post, I have tried alternate audio codecs. Is there any other relevant info I can provide you to help assist in tracking down the cause? You stated that my last log showed the system not listing "any available components". Is this a potential cause? If it were then perhaps MC could either abort the attempt made to tune (forcing the user to retry it) or maybe MC could automatically re-try the tune in this case? Anything would be better than this loud, potentially harmful-to-my-speakers static... I don't know... It's just a suggestion. I must admit, I've tried everything with this one and I'm kinda running out of ideas. It's a shame because playback now is otherwise flawless.

3. There's a bug with modifying channel names. After doing so, I found that I was no longer getting any audio on the channels I renamed. I found the cause to be the way MC is saving the channel info in the registry. For example, I modified the name of "SBS HD 12802-784-103" to simply "SBS HD" via the Digital Channels Modify dialog box. What this did in the registry though was change this channel's info from "DTV 784 (12802-784)536625, 7, 12802, 103, 4, 0" to "DTV 784 (12802-784)536625, 7, 0, 0, 4, 1". This was obviously the cause for my lost audio. I rectified the issue by copying the missing data back. I had to do this for each channel I renamed.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2007, 09:19:41 am »

2. Hmmm... what to do? It doesn't take long for the issue to raise it's ugly head and then crash MC. As I said in my last post, I have tried alternate audio codecs. Is there any other relevant info I can provide you to help assist in tracking down the cause? You stated that my last log showed the system not listing "any available components". Is this a potential cause? If it were then perhaps MC could either abort the attempt made to tune (forcing the user to retry it) or maybe MC could automatically re-try the tune in this case? Anything would be better than this loud, potentially harmful-to-my-speakers static... I don't know... It's just a suggestion. I must admit, I've tried everything with this one and I'm kinda running out of ideas. It's a shame because playback now is otherwise flawless.
It should have been tuned to the transport stream. The first time the tune event comes, things seem to be OK. I just select the audio stream and resubmit the tune request. When the tune event comes again, there are no streams to select. Since I have already selected a stream the first time, I just let the program run. Maybe I can try submitting tune request again.

3. There's a bug with modifying channel names. After doing so, I found that I was no longer getting any audio on the channels I renamed. I found the cause to be the way MC is saving the channel info in the registry. For example, I modified the name of "SBS HD 12802-784-103" to simply "SBS HD" via the Digital Channels Modify dialog box. What this did in the registry though was change this channel's info from "DTV 784 (12802-784)536625, 7, 12802, 103, 4, 0" to "DTV 784 (12802-784)536625, 7, 0, 0, 4, 1". This was obviously the cause for my lost audio. I rectified the issue by copying the missing data back. I had to do this for each channel I renamed.

Thanks.
This is definitely a bug. I will fix it soon.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2007, 04:20:48 pm »

v187 - (usual logs sent)
3) Recording -   Same as v185 - only get sound recorded on the MPEG channels.

So the file recorded to disk is silent. Do you hear sound during recording?

Your log file does not show anything suspicious. The DirectShow graph was built correctly. All filter pins are connected as they should. If you can hear sound during recording, then there should definitely be audio going down stream. If the recorded file does not have sound, send me a log file of playing the recorded file. This may be playback issue.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2007, 08:02:41 pm »

Nope it is soundless both during recording and during the file playback!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2007, 06:46:22 pm »

v188 - (usual logs sent)
1) Scan - Works fine & was quick
2) Tune - I still get stuttering (any ideas - have a stuffed a setting?)
3) Recording & Playing -  Same - only get sound recorded (and played back from recordings) on the MPEG channels.

thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2007, 01:51:55 am »

V188

Everything ok for me except this build has introduced a strange problem when timeshifting.

1. Start TV (TS off by default)
2. Hit pause to initiate TS.
3. Video pauses ok but is resized to occupy the top left hand corner of the screen only.
4. Resume video and playback is fine but video still resized.
5. Stop and restart TV (TS off) and full screen video is restored.

Log file sent.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2007, 08:43:51 pm »

V188

Everything ok for me except this build has introduced a strange problem when timeshifting.

3. Video pauses ok but is resized to occupy the top left hand corner of the screen only.

Log file sent.

This is also still happening in build 189.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2007, 05:31:12 pm »

Hi Yaobing. Has this been adressed in build 190? I can't really tell from the DVB-T specific references in the build notes.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2007, 05:38:45 pm »

No, it has not. I did try to address the HD audio static noise issue. Is there any difference?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2007, 01:32:47 am »

I'm away for a few days so will test when I'm back
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2007, 09:47:43 am »

V188

Log file sent.

I see this problem. It is more wide spread than just in DVB-T (happens in analog TV too). I have not figured out what is causing it, but I know it was not introduced in V188, as 187 also had the same problem. Unfortunately I do not have any versions earlier than that to help me track it down. It makes it harder, but eventually I will.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2007, 06:58:22 am »

V192 Testing - little improvement :( (usual logs sent)
1) Scan - Failed to pick up the Channel 9 group again (only had time to test once).   Also seemed to be frozen at 2% for a very long time before progresing
2) Tune - Still getting drop outs / jerkiness / etc (especially with the SBS and ABC groups).
3) Recording - No sound still on all DD channels (HD and SD)
4) Timeshift - did not have time to test (as MC ended up haning after the above - sent "weird.log" on this.
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2007, 10:20:11 am »

I am having a hard time finding the bug.

Which window were you doing the renaming in? The "TV Channels" property page (the window you get right after you click "Options" button in TV view), or "Scan Channels" window (the window you get after you click "Digital Chan" button on the "TV Channels" property page)?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2007, 05:05:25 pm »

Hi Yaobing - let me know if there is any specific testing, logging etc you would like me to do as we really need to close the basic DVB-T stuff out once and for all!
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2007, 05:13:06 pm »

I am having a hard time finding the bug.

Which window were you doing the renaming in? The "TV Channels" property page (the window you get right after you click "Options" button in TV view), or "Scan Channels" window (the window you get after you click "Digital Chan" button on the "TV Channels" property page)?

Yes, that's right.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2007, 05:15:20 pm »

No, it has not. I did try to address the HD audio static noise issue. Is there any difference?

Yaobing, I would say this issue is worse now. It's happing more often than I've ever experienced before. ONLY when starting tv. I never notice it switching channels.

Thanks.

2) Tune - Still getting drop outs / jerkiness / etc (especially with the SBS and ABC groups).
3) Recording - No sound still on all DD channels (HD and SD)

Nathan, I wonder why you're still having these problems and I'm not? Perhaps it's the filter's you are using? I trust you've tried others?
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2007, 05:28:44 pm »

We spent some time playing with different filters in the early days of testing and can go back there if needed...but as Yaobing is the man on this, I've no doubt has specific things he will want me to test or try before I make random changes on my own.

To me its a bit like your static problem which has not plagued me since DD started working months ago - it all looks like symptoms of finalising the DVB-T support.
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2007, 05:47:48 pm »

Yes, that's right.

Which one? "TV Channels" or "Scan Channels", or both?

You can change station names in two places.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2007, 05:49:59 pm »

Quote from: jmone javascript:void(0);
Embarrassed ::)link=topic=38287.msg268946#msg268946 date=1173997724
We spent some time playing with different filters in the early days of testing and can go back there if needed...but as Yaobing is the man on this, I've no doubt has specific things he will want me to test or try before I make random changes on my own.

To me its a bit like your static problem which has not plagued me since DD started working months ago - it all looks like symptoms of finalising the DVB-T support.

I am truely out of ideas, with the issues either of you are having.  ::)

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2007, 05:52:46 pm »

Which one? "TV Channels" or "Scan Channels", or both?

You can change station names in two places.

Sorry. "TV Channels" Tab. Then "Digital Chan" Button. Then "Modify".
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2007, 05:53:38 pm »

I am truely out of ideas, with the issues either of you are having.  ::)

but we're sooooooo close!!  :'(
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2007, 06:50:48 pm »

but we're sooooooo close!!  :'(

Yes, I know.

For now I can not think of anything that I can do in terms of coding. Maybe you guys can fool around with the decoder selection and maybe configuration.

The issues you guys have are different but also related (in that both involve HD audio).

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2007, 07:29:00 pm »

Yaobing. I will try some more things and report back. In the meantime, I've sent you some more logs of the Digital Noise issue. I think I may have stumbled across something??? You be the judge as to whether or not it is a relevent find  :)

Thanks Yaobing for all your efforts.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2007, 09:31:14 pm »

Likewise I'll have a play and see what happens with different settings.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2007, 10:48:33 pm »

Now I feel ill - started mix and matching filters and now I'm blue screening and having trouble booting!

There is also a new version of the DVICO S'W & Drivers -  Date:2007-02-28  Ver:3.60.01 - (and a lengthly uninstall / install process) so I'll also try that first!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2007, 12:48:37 am »

OK - the reinstall of the DVICO S'W / drivers using the new version had two good effects:
1) my BSOD's / No Boot stoped (very relevied)
2) It is MUCH MUCH quicker in scanning, channel changing etc  ;D raym you gonna love upgrading to this version!

Usual Logs Sent:
1) Scan -  ;D Very Quick & found all the stations
2) Tune -  ;D Very Quick for both first tunem tune between and within groups.  I am still getting stuttering on selected channels but I am also getting it with the DVICO S'W so it is not an issue with MC it must be my setup, arial etc (sorry should of checked in the other prog earlier :-[!)
3) Timeshift -  :) works on SD channels but while the files are created it is just a black screen then hangs on HD channels  :(
4) Recording -  :) works on SD channels but while the ms-dvr file is created it is just soundless  :(  Recording1.log is also a test with every available DVICO sound filter - but none recorded sound.

I did however get some screenshots that may help of what filters are being loaded (pre and post selecting recording) when I had FFDSHOW being used of the filter for both Audio and Video:

This is what was being used in the graph when playing an HD Channel just fine (not recording)

This is the same info just after selecting "Start Recording"

I don't like the look of these "Infinite Pin Tree Filters"!

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2007, 01:33:10 am »

raym - during my mix and match settings I saw two of the issues you were reporting (but sorry can't quite replicate them):
1) Digital Noise - this happened to me when I had FFDSHOW for the Audio Decoder, a brief burst of digital noise (on a DD channel I think) then it was fine after that - I do not get this with nVidia decoders
2) Top Left Partial Full Screen - I think I was using the DVICO HDTV (DxVA) BDA Video Codec at the time and was testing in STDView.  When I double clicked on the TV image it did not scale to fill the screen just "moved" it to the top left of the screen and the rest went black.  Again not probs normally as I don't use this filter combo.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2007, 03:52:07 am »

raym - during my mix and match settings I saw two of the issues you were reporting (but sorry can't quite replicate them):
1) Digital Noise - this happened to me when I had FFDSHOW for the Audio Decoder, a brief burst of digital noise (on a DD channel I think) then it was fine after that - I do not get this with nVidia decoders
2) Top Left Partial Full Screen - I think I was using the DVICO HDTV (DxVA) BDA Video Codec at the time and was testing in STDView.  When I double clicked on the TV image it did not scale to fill the screen just "moved" it to the top left of the screen and the rest went black.  Again not probs normally as I don't use this filter combo.

Thanks Nathan. How do you obtain those filter graph listings?

I'm glad(?) you heard the digital noise. I have tried many different audio decoders and the problem eventually happens with all of them. I suspect that if you stick with the nVidia ones, you'll eventually experience it with them also. You're right in saying you can't replicate it. I can go a few days without hearing the noise sometimes. Other times it will happen several times a day. You realise also that it only happens for me when STARTING tv on a HD channel?

Yaobing has also confirmed the TS, image resize issue.

As far as updated DVICO drivers go, I also have the latest but did not experience any significant changes. What I did resort to this afternoon was swapping out my DVICO card with another no-name BDA complient card. WOW! I now see very quick startup times (<5 seconds) and channel changes between channel groups is 2 seconds or less!!! This other card has NO ANALOG inputs. I wonder if this reduces the processing overheads within MC somehow?

But alas, the digital noise on HD channels still happens from time-to-time. I've found something which may be significant though in a recent log of this. I have just sent this to Yaobing.

Cheers,
Ralf.
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up