INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-T TV Progress  (Read 47371 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DVB-T TV Progress
« Reply #200 on: April 04, 2007, 07:48:44 am »

Build 205

1. TS is back!  :)  The only minor thing I've noticed is when you hit pause to initiate it, The OSD says "Playing" (even though the video is obviously paused). 

2. Got another crash today when I hit stop during TV playback. Did yesterday's logfile shed any light on this?

3. Got another few "Failed To Play TV..." messages today also. I've sent a log of this.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #201 on: April 04, 2007, 09:04:01 am »

Build 205
2. Got another crash today when I hit stop during TV playback. Did yesterday's logfile shed any light on this?

There was some clue, but we are not sure.

Did you get this only when stopping TV, not when stopping other types of playback?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #202 on: April 04, 2007, 05:53:21 pm »

There was some clue, but we are not sure.

Did you get this only when stopping TV, not when stopping other types of playback?

I've been watching a lot of TV thru MC lately (thanks to DVB-T) and this is where I see it mostly but I've also seen it happen stopping other filetypes - dvr-ms for instance. Havn't seen it happen stopping music or image playback.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #203 on: April 05, 2007, 05:42:34 am »

207 - Timeshift log sent - still problems for me:
1) HD Channel - first press of pause = blank screen and OSD saying it was playing after about 10 sec, second press of pause seems to then actually start TS with a paused picture
2) SD Channel - first time I got an weird error saying the disk could be full, second try was fine

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #204 on: April 09, 2007, 03:28:55 am »

Hi Yaobing. I'm experiencing a great deal of MC problems lately. I suspect it's due to DVB-T since I'm using it a lot now and this is really the only significant thing I'm doing differently lately. I'm hoping you can help determine if this is true.

I've sent you another email with logfile and problem details.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #205 on: April 10, 2007, 02:16:55 am »

V210 - Log sent as usual but basically for DVB-T

;D ;D IT ALL WORKS  ;D ;D

The latest changes to TS seemed to have done the trick and it now kicks off just fine on all channels (though it seems to suffer from more "stutter" and "tearing" than when just playing or recording TV but I am playing with my playback settings to try to minimise this in general at the moment).

I'd suggest that you can update the Wiki and the "Official List of Support TV Devices" thread as http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33741.0
as MediaCenter12 now supports the following functionality for DVB-T (and I presume similar features for ATSC and Analogue TV):
- Supports for SD/HD Video and MPEG / Dolby Digital Sound
- Scan function that finds available channels then lets you then remove and/or edit the Channel Names for easy of sorting
- Recording using dvr-ms format
- Timeshifting that allows the pausing of Live TV

I'll now play around some more and report any bugs in this thread but keep the feature enhancmement stuff in the other thread.

Yaobing - Thanks for all the work on this over the last five months!
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: April 10, 2007, 07:38:13 am »

;D ;D IT ALL WORKS  ;D ;D

The latest changes to TS seemed to have done the trick and it now kicks off just fine on all channels (though it seems to suffer from more "stutter" and "tearing" than when just playing or recording TV but I am playing with my playback settings to try to minimise this in general at the moment).

Thanks Nathan. Now I can try ironing out a few details.

Hi Yaobing. I'm experiencing a great deal of MC problems lately. I suspect it's due to DVB-T since I'm using it a lot now and this is really the only significant thing I'm doing differently lately. I'm hoping you can help determine if this is true.

Thanks.

I am still reading the log you sent me. After getting through about a third of it, I have not yet found anything obvious.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #207 on: April 10, 2007, 08:38:18 am »

I am still reading the log you sent me. After getting through about a third of it, I have not yet found anything obvious.

Thanks. This is all really getting to me. I've been using MC12 for ages and now in the last few weeks, I'm lucky to go a day where it doesn't crash or misbehave somehow. Like I said, it could be a Theater View thing as there's been many changes there in the last few weeks also.

On a brighter note, v210 looks excellent here also.

Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #208 on: April 10, 2007, 01:04:07 pm »

Thanks.

I finally found where the error occurred. However I can not explain it.

A system filter failed to load, without giving any meaning message. I added some error handling code, hoping to get more info.

I am guessing:

It could be due to a resource leak (that can be anywhere in the program, not just in TV).
Or it can be hardware problem (system over heating for example).

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2007, 07:48:20 am »

I did a fresh install of build 212 today. About 10 minutes into watching some TV I hit STOP and BANG!... MC dissapeared again.

Logfile has been sent. At the end of the file is this: 1531953: 2908: Playback: CTVWindow::OnDestroy: Unknown error...

No sign of the "Failed to play TV" message.........yet........

EDIT: oops... there it is! This time during DVD playback. Log file sent.

Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2007, 06:04:40 am »

Build 213: The "Failed to play TV (Unknown error)" continues...  >:(  A restart of MC fixes it every time.

More logs sent.

The latest occurance of this problem was captured on a fresh install of XP with nothing but MC installed. I purposely left the library empty to rule out any other media or library related issues. 

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2007, 04:22:57 pm »

Still all good for me -  ;D
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2007, 04:53:38 pm »

Do you run it in Theater View?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2007, 06:27:37 pm »

Always...Theater View (unless configing, testing something etc)

FYI - Config is: Dedicated HTPC
- PentD, 1GB RAM, 1TB HDDs, nVidia 7600GS Passive, Divico Fusion DVB-T Plus Card
- DVI & S/PDIF out to Yami V2700 (then HDMI to Hitachi Plasma and Axiom 5.1 Setup)
- Controlled by Yami RC (programed from the MS IR Home RC & Keyboard)
- XP SP/2 with nVidia Pure Video codec for most playback, Nero Splitters, then FFDShow for the rest
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #214 on: April 16, 2007, 07:53:47 pm »

Do you suspend your PC (S3) when not in use? Do you restart MC (in Theater View) each time you use it or do you leave the same session open for days? Are you using XP or MCE?
Z-Wave Home Automation

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #215 on: April 16, 2007, 09:41:18 pm »

Just tried to scan channels with .214, I get a failed to Play TV error, when I click OK I get the options menu displayed but I can't click anything on it, the main MC windows sits behind the options menu and is still active and usable.

Have tried twice with same result.

Did a reset TV settings but this didn't fix it either.

Log emailed.

Richard

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2007, 06:28:07 am »

Do you suspend your PC (S3) when not in use? Do you restart MC (in Theater View) each time you use it or do you leave the same session open for days? Are you using XP or MCE?
I only turn it off if I am going away, otherwise use suspend (presume it is S3 as the PC goes silent but would ned to check).  I've got MC configed to boot into Theater View as the TV is the only screen.  I can even go to and come back from suspend while tuned to a DVB-T channel just fine and it runs for days no problems without a reboot.  I use XP & the whole setup is utterly stable (touch wood)!

Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2007, 07:31:51 am »

I only turn it off if I am going away, otherwise use suspend (presume it is S3 as the PC goes silent but would ned to check).  I've got MC configed to boot into Theater View as the TV is the only screen.  I can even go to and come back from suspend while tuned to a DVB-T channel just fine and it runs for days no problems without a reboot.  I use XP & the whole setup is utterly stable (touch wood)!

Nathan

Well, this is the kind of stability I had until about a month ago also. Here's hoping I'll have this again soon....

Ralf.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2007, 12:31:42 pm »

Just tried to scan channels with .214, I get a failed to Play TV error, when I click OK I get the options menu displayed but I can't click anything on it,

Richard,

You have four similar DVB-T devices. You chose one that is called "DNTV Live! Tiny USB2 BDA" (the first one). MC loaded a tuner filter corresponding to your choice, and found a matching capture filter but could not connect the two. MC then tried to load all other capture filters one by one but still failed to connect to the chosen tuner filter.

Can you play one of the other three devices?

You may already have tried restarting MC, and rebooting your computer. If either of these would work, you may have to reinstall your digital TV device drivers. I remember several months ago we have solved your multiple similar device problem, and you were able to get MC build a graph successfully. The relevant code that I added to solve the problem has not changed (not significantly anyway).

Had you tried versions before 214? (Judging by the kind of failure you got, other versions of MC would also fail the same way).

the main MC windows sits behind the options menu and is still active and usable.

It appears that you ran TV Options from Tools -> Options -> Playback -> TV Tuner -> TV Settings ...

If this is the case, then the behavior is expected. Running TV Options from that place is intended for users to configure TV while playing other media types without entering TV view (which would interrupt the current playback of other media). If you just want to start configuring TV, it is best to start it on the TV view. In Standard View, click "TV Tuner" under "Drives & Devices"; in Theater View, click TV button from Home. This way the TV Options window will be modal to MC window and you will not be able to click anything untill you exit the TV Options.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2007, 04:39:27 pm »

Yaobing,

Have just reinstalled .210.

.210 scans/plays DVB-T fine, can try other versions but I know .213 and .214 fail.

Richard

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2007, 05:22:54 pm »

Yaobing,

Have just reinstalled .210.

.210 scans/plays DVB-T fine, can try other versions but I know .213 and .214 fail.

Richard

Thanks for the info. I will check what has changed.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2007, 09:48:37 am »

Richard and Ralf,

Does build 217 make any difference in your respective issues? I fixed a couple of COM interface leaks.

Yaobing

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #222 on: April 20, 2007, 11:06:36 am »

Richard and Ralf,

Does build 217 make any difference in your respective issues? I fixed a couple of COM interface leaks.

Yaobing

Still playing with 217... so far so good but I don't want to speak too soon  ;). Will keep you posted...

Thanks
Z-Wave Home Automation

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #223 on: April 20, 2007, 04:49:57 pm »

Richard and Ralf,

Yaobing

.216 and .217 seem to be working again for me.

Cheers
Richard

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #224 on: April 20, 2007, 05:48:33 pm »

Ver 218 testing - All works  ;D inlcuding:
- Scan & Edit from StdView (paused at 20% then continued after a few minutes)
- Channel Changing from Theater View
- TS and Record from Theater View

I'll post so comments about the new layout under the V218 thread.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #225 on: April 25, 2007, 02:45:57 am »

Basically, all's been pretty good for me for a while now. I think build 217 may have done the trick!

Today I upgraded from build 217 to 220 and have found a small problem. If I seek during TS mode, I can sometimes loose the audio. If I jump back or forward, the audio returns. I've sent a log of this.

Thanks.

Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #226 on: April 25, 2007, 03:42:16 am »

As per Ralf - few complaints from my end  :).  I can lose Audio if I'm recording on a HD Channel, stop recording then tune to a SD Channel with MPEG audio but no biggie as a stop / play brings it back.

What i'd really like is:
1) Remove Jitter - posted here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40220.0 but it seems worse with DVB-T than playing media (but it could also be the nature of Live TV).
2) RC Record Button - imagine the joy of just pressing the Red Record button on the remote......

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #227 on: April 25, 2007, 06:11:22 pm »

Hi Yaobing - I've uploaded a sample DVB-T recording that shows the "stuttering" ticker (well it does on my system) if you would like to look! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CG1R4020
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #228 on: May 01, 2007, 05:59:55 am »

Build 223

Hi Yaobing. Some (minor) feedback for you:

1. OSD flickering issues (detailed in the build thread here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40266.msg274955#msg274955). Seems to happen with TV playback only.

2. Also, the "Starting TV..." message doesn't always appear at the bottom of the screen (In Theater View). I think it has to do with where the PIP Playing Now window was last before starting TV.

-------

Also, not related to this build but some other recent observations:

1. I worked out that the Failed to play TV error messages I was seeing a few weeks back were the result of using the MPV video decoder!!! I've now returned to the Cyberlink ones and have not had a problem since. Even if I don't use this filter for television, it will always causes this error as long as:
     (a) it's installed and being used for at least one other filetype. Eg, dvr-ms
     (b) you attempt to play TV after a period of system inactivity where the PC has been woken up from a STANDBY state.

So, for example: i. Install the MPV decoder; ii. Start MC; iii. Play some content; iv. Suspend the PC (S3); v. Resume the PC from standby the next day; vi. Attempt to play TV and this will generate the "Failed To Play TV" message - EVERY TIME!

Is this an MC problem, an MPV decoder problem or both?

2. On the topic of resuming from standby.... If you suspend and resume the PC while watching TV in normal, non-TS mode, TV resumes perfectly no problem. This is really cool by the way :). However, if you attempt the same thing while MC is in TS mode, it crashes MC as it tries to re-tune the channel. My family have a habit of suspending the PC while watching TV quite a bit so this is causing some issues. They were previously used to Windows Media Center and this application seems to handle this ok (as do other HTPC front-ends I've used in the past). Any chance of fixing this please? Do you need a log of this?

Other than these things, all's well.

Cheers.

Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #229 on: May 01, 2007, 08:38:13 am »

Hi Yaobing - I've uploaded a sample DVB-T recording that shows the "stuttering" ticker (well it does on my system) if you would like to look! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CG1R4020
Thanks
Nathan

Nathan,

It appears to be decoder related. I tried all MPEG-2 decoders I have, with different results. DScaler5 decoder gives least (almost not noticable) flickering. The next best is Cyberlink SP/Video decoder (ATI). MainConcept Video decoder is the worst. MPV and a couple of other decoders are in the middle.

Yaobing

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #230 on: May 01, 2007, 08:42:12 am »

Build 223

Hi Yaobing. Some (minor) feedback for you:

1. OSD flickering issues (detailed in the build thread here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40266.msg274955#msg274955). Seems to happen with TV playback only.

2. Also, the "Starting TV..." message doesn't always appear at the bottom of the screen (In Theater View). I think it has to do with where the PIP Playing Now window was last before starting TV.

-------

Also, not related to this build but some other recent observations:

1. I worked out that the Failed to play TV error messages I was seeing a few weeks back were the result of using the MPV video decoder!!! I've now returned to the Cyberlink ones and have not had a problem since. Even if I don't use this filter for television, it will always causes this error as long as:
     (a) it's installed and being used for at least one other filetype. Eg, dvr-ms
     (b) you attempt to play TV after a period of system inactivity where the PC has been woken up from a STANDBY state.

So, for example: i. Install the MPV decoder; ii. Start MC; iii. Play some content; iv. Suspend the PC (S3); v. Resume the PC from standby the next day; vi. Attempt to play TV and this will generate the "Failed To Play TV" message - EVERY TIME!

Is this an MC problem, an MPV decoder problem or both?

2. On the topic of resuming from standby.... If you suspend and resume the PC while watching TV in normal, non-TS mode, TV resumes perfectly no problem. This is really cool by the way :). However, if you attempt the same thing while MC is in TS mode, it crashes MC as it tries to re-tune the channel. My family have a habit of suspending the PC while watching TV quite a bit so this is causing some issues. They were previously used to Windows Media Center and this application seems to handle this ok (as do other HTPC front-ends I've used in the past). Any chance of fixing this please? Do you need a log of this?

Other than these things, all's well.

Cheers.

I will try to reproduce it. If I can not, I will ask you for a log file. Thanks.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #231 on: May 01, 2007, 04:40:21 pm »

Nathan,

It appears to be decoder related. I tried all MPEG-2 decoders I have, with different results. DScaler5 decoder gives least (almost not noticable) flickering. The next best is Cyberlink SP/Video decoder (ATI). MainConcept Video decoder is the worst. MPV and a couple of other decoders are in the middle.

Yaobing

Thanks - I'll try some of these options and report back.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #232 on: May 03, 2007, 08:54:16 pm »

Hi Yaobing,
When playing with the View Scheme for TV Recording I noticed that MC always records everthing at 704x480 (looks like NTSC specs) resolution but with bitrate around 7200 for SD and 12750 for HD.  If I look at recordings from the DVICO SW (saved as MPG) I get the ACTUAL PAL resolutions being broadcast eg, 720x576, 1440x1080, 1920x1080 with the bitrates around 6750, 13350, and 14450 respectivly.

Thanks
Nathan

EDIT - I've check playing these files using WMP and they are recorded with the correct resolutions - it seems that the meta data in MC is incorrectly applying 704x480 for all internally recorded TV streams.
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #233 on: May 05, 2007, 08:53:51 pm »

Hi Yaobing, some new bugs (tidied up a little since my last post):

1. Since the recent OSD changes to allow transparency, it flickers when displayed during TV playback at fullscreen (other settings I have enabled are: cyberlink filters, cropped edges and 16:9 aspect ratio). The problem does not occur if not fullscreen.

2. If you run the new MCC command to tune to your last tv station (via script or command line) while in Theater View's Playing Now, The OSD ("Starting TV...") is displayed small and half-way up the screen AND nothing is shown in the Playing now window when the station is tuned. I have "Jump on Play: Display View (if has display)" enabled in my Theater View options. The "Starting TV..." message also appears in strange locations when initiating the new MCC command from Theater View's Main Menu.

3. If you run the new MCC command while in Theater View's Main Menu and while TV is already running, nothing happens (as expected). However, when you stop TV playback, MC exists to Standard View instead of Theater View. Edit: There are various other ways to cause Standard View to come into focus when it shouldn't as a result of this MCC command.

4. In build 225, 1080i HD material is shown as 1088i  ??

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #234 on: May 06, 2007, 01:30:46 am »

Nathan,

Yaobing

Tried the DScaler5 and played with its options a fair bit but on balance I think the nVidia one is better.  The both give me the same amount of flickering but the DScaler5 also have visible interlace lines on fast moving video.  I'm become more convinced the issue is a graphics driver or a combination of all the conversions (eg DVB broadcast 1080i/50 and 576i/50 which is then going though a bunch of filters and finally output over DVI from nVidia using 720p/50 to a 1024x1024 Plasma).  The thing is the stutter is really only noticable on DVB based material (both Live and Recorded) so.....
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2007, 07:27:27 am »

Hi Yaobing, some new bugs (tidied up a little since my last post):

1. Since the recent OSD changes to allow transparency, it flickers when displayed during TV playback at fullscreen (other settings I have enabled are: cyberlink filters, cropped edges and 16:9 aspect ratio). The problem does not occur if not fullscreen.

2. If you run the new MCC command to tune to your last tv station (via script or command line) while in Theater View's Playing Now, The OSD ("Starting TV...") is displayed small and half-way up the screen AND nothing is shown in the Playing now window when the station is tuned. I have "Jump on Play: Display View (if has display)" enabled in my Theater View options. The "Starting TV..." message also appears in strange locations when initiating the new MCC command from Theater View's Main Menu.

3. If you run the new MCC command while in Theater View's Main Menu and while TV is already running, nothing happens (as expected). However, when you stop TV playback, MC exists to Standard View instead of Theater View. Edit: There are various other ways to cause Standard View to come into focus when it shouldn't as a result of this MCC command.

4. In build 225, 1080i HD material is shown as 1088i  ??

Thanks.

Still seeing these issues in 226. Have sent logs.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2007, 03:57:26 am »

BUILD 227

Hi Yaobing. The problems associated with the repeated use of the new MCC TV command is fixed. Thanks. Not to be difficult but if you start television in Display View from Theater View (Shift+F11), stopping TV still quits out to Standard View. I don't think this is something people would do very often but it may be unexpected behaviour none-the-less.

The bizzaar OSD placement issues in Theater View, particularily when in Playing Now, is still all over the place. This may be related to how the Theater View PIP window can reside is so many different places and positions now. The OSD attempts to align to this normally right? Use the MCC command at Theater View's Main Menu and Playing Now to see the problems I'm talking about.

The OSD "flickering" problem (at fullscreen) also remains as does the 1088i showing on HD content rather than 1080i.

Did the log files help with these problems? Do you need any more info?

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2007, 08:51:19 am »

BUILD 227

Did the log files help with these problems? Do you need any more info?

Not now. I will ask if I need more info.

Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #238 on: May 10, 2007, 12:06:04 pm »

For Standard View users:

The MCC_PLAY_TV command (30002) is actually available as a Tool Button. Right-click on Toolbar and choose "Customize Toolbar...". Select "Play TV" from the list on the left and click -> button. The tool buttons can be placed on top and/or bottom of the window.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #239 on: May 10, 2007, 06:14:18 pm »

For Standard View users:

The MCC_PLAY_TV command (30002) is actually available as a Tool Button. Right-click on Toolbar and choose "Customize Toolbar...". Select "Play TV" from the list on the left and click -> button. The tool buttons can be placed on top and/or bottom of the window.

Now that we have this command, are we going to get the ability to change channels using hotkeys somehow in the near fuuture?

This is the only thing stopping me using MC instead of my current software for live TV.

Richard

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2007, 07:11:19 pm »

Now that we have this command, are we going to get the ability to change channels using hotkeys somehow in the near fuuture?

This is the only thing stopping me using MC instead of my current software for live TV.
We'll do it if we can.  Yaobing?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #241 on: May 11, 2007, 08:00:56 am »

Richard

Has anyone tried command MCC_PLAY_CPLDB_INDEX (it's value is 10015)? It takes an index parameter which is the 0-based index of the current playlist. Once TV has started playing, the current playlist is just the list of your channels.

MC12 /MCC 10015,0 will play your first channel in the list,
MC12 /MCC 10015,5 will play your 6th channel in the list, etc.

Now all you have to do is to put an ordinal number in your TV Station Names and sort by station names in order to arrange your channels in the way you want them.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #242 on: May 11, 2007, 08:09:03 am »

Has anyone tried command MCC_PLAY_CPLDB_INDEX (it's value is 10015)?

I have now!!! It works a treat! Nice thinking Yaobing  ;D

Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #243 on: May 11, 2007, 08:50:56 am »

I have now!!! It works a treat! Nice thinking Yaobing  ;D

Great! The only tiny little catch is when you change the order of your channels, you need to stop TV (by clicking Stop button) and restart in order for the new order to take effect.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #244 on: May 11, 2007, 09:05:33 am »

Great! The only tiny little catch is when you change the order of your channels, you need to stop TV (by clicking Stop button) and restart in order for the new order to take effect.

Yeah but that shouldn't happen very often...

In regards to this:

if you start television in Display View from Theater View (Shift+F11), stopping TV still quits out to Standard View. I don't think this is something people would do very often but it may be unexpected behaviour none-the-less.

After playing a while, I think this IS something people will do quite often. I've done it a few times already. For example, I'm in Theater View, I start watching a DVD and MC swtiches to Display View. Half way through the DVD I decide to watch TV so I hit my MCC_PLAY_TV button. All ok until I hit STOP. MC quits to Standard View.

Could your fix from the other day be extended to cater for this? In other words, anytime the initial starting point for playback is Theater View, stop should always exit to Theater View.

Thanks again.

PS - I've tried numerous things to resolve the OSD problems (flickering and orientation woes) to rule out the settings I'm using etc. It's definately MC :( and only since a handful of builds ago. Also, the flickering issue only happens with live tv - video playback is ok.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #245 on: May 11, 2007, 10:15:21 am »

In regards to this:

After playing a while, I think this IS something people will do quite often. I've done it a few times already. For example, I'm in Theater View, I start watching a DVD and MC swtiches to Display View. Half way through the DVD I decide to watch TV so I hit my MCC_PLAY_TV button. All ok until I hit STOP. MC quits to Standard View.

Could your fix from the other day be extended to cater for this? In other words, anytime the initial starting point for playback is Theater View, stop should always exit to Theater View.

I will check this.

PS - I've tried numerous things to resolve the OSD problems (flickering and orientation woes) to rule out the settings I'm using etc. It's definately MC :( and only since a handful of builds ago. Also, the flickering issue only happens with live tv - video playback is ok.

It is a problem not just in TV, video playback too, and to lesser degree DVD playbackIt has to do with Matt's recent experiment with tranparency. I am sure Matt will take a look at this.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #246 on: May 14, 2007, 07:12:40 am »

I will check this.

Hi Yaobing. Fixed! Thanks.

Also, MCC_PLAY_CPLDB_INDEX is working really well  ;). One problem though: Using MCC_PLAY_CPLDB_INDEX while in Theater View (or Display View from Theater View) forces MC out to Standard View on STOP. In other words, this is similar to what MCC_PLAY_TV was doing before you fixed it last week.

Also,

It is a problem not just in TV, video playback too, and to lesser degree DVD playbackIt has to do with Matt's recent experiment with tranparency. I am sure Matt will take a look at this.

Unrelated to this though is the problem of 1088i showing up on HD content. Other HD resolutions seem to be displaying ok.

Thanks again!
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #247 on: May 14, 2007, 11:05:26 am »

Also, MCC_PLAY_CPLDB_INDEX is working really well  ;). One problem though: Using MCC_PLAY_CPLDB_INDEX while in Theater View (or Display View from Theater View) forces MC out to Standard View on STOP. In other words, this is similar to what MCC_PLAY_TV was doing before you fixed it last week.
Matt fixed this one.

Also,

Unrelated to this though is the problem of 1088i showing up on HD content. Other HD resolutions seem to be displaying ok.

I will fix this.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #248 on: May 15, 2007, 06:24:12 am »

Matt fixed this one.

Yeah, looks good now. Thanks!

The OSD orientation/placement issues are also sorted now!!

The only remaining problem is the flickering.

Thanks again.  :)

PS - MC's DVB-T support (and TV in general) is really awesome now. Well done guys.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #249 on: May 15, 2007, 06:26:26 am »

:'( I think I broke mine....tried an beta nVidia driver update to fix flickering.....something to play with on the weekend.  FYI Ralf there is a new version of the dvico drivers out if you are still using their card.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up