INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-T TV Progress  (Read 47369 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: DVB-T TV Progress
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2007, 05:18:01 am »

If you are using FFDSHOW you can right click on the icon in the tray and it shows what filters are being used.  The new Dvico drivers are only a couple of weeks old and I noticed a big increase in spead.  At the moment I'm testing what is causing my stuttering - it looks like either dodgy reception OR the internal card is getting heat problems (it is right next to my 7600GS Passive Cooled card and they both get very hot).
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2007, 05:51:33 am »

Testing of Stuttering:
1) If I leave MC on a stuttering channel it eventually freezes MC
2) If I leave MC on a non-stuttering channel it is fine
3) I have removed a coax line filter (and cable) from the inwards path to the card (from one of those HTPC powerboards that filter / surge protect everything) and number of channels that were stuttering has been reduced.

I'm guessing at this stage the issue is the quality / signal strenth of some of the channels (but it is guessing!) and not heat related.

More testing later
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2007, 08:41:11 am »

I don't like the look of these "Infinite Pin Tree Filters"!

The Tee filters should be OK. They are needed so I can split audio and video streams and send them to a file while also rendering them normally.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2007, 02:10:59 pm »

Sorry. "TV Channels" Tab. Then "Digital Chan" Button. Then "Modify".

Ah, I forgot there is also a "Modify Channel" dialog.

This dialog needs to be updated to include audio stream ID and Original Network ID.

Counting this, there should be three ways (not two ways) to change a station's name:

1. On "TV Channels" property page -

Click the station name twice to enter into edit mode. You can also right-click and choose "Edit Station Name".

2. On "Scan Channels" dialog window -

Click the station name twice to enter into edit mode. You can also right-click and choose "Edit Station Name".

3. Click "Modify" button on "Scan Channels" window, and edit. This one needs fixing.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2007, 04:03:30 pm »

Yaobing - as I beleive the saying goes for Yanks - "You are the Man!".  That last seat of "tweaking" as recoding works on all channels  ;D (have sent a log)!  TS also looks good but I manged to crash it somehow (MC just disapeard at one point).  I'll test properly over the WE and send the logs.

Thanks again - what did you change?
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2007, 04:08:40 pm »

Yaobing - as I beleive the saying goes for Yanks - "You are the Man!".  That last seat of "tweaking" as recoding works on all channels  ;D (have sent a log)!  TS also looks good but I manged to crash it somehow (MC just disapeard at one point).  I'll test properly over the WE and send the logs.

Thanks again - what did you change?
Nathan

I had to do a re-submission of tune request after starting recording to make sure correct audio stream is selected. It appears that things drift a bit when you stop and change the graph and then start it. It is so much simpler with ATSC.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2007, 04:30:46 pm »

....and I would imagine so much harder when you can not test it directly yourself!

JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2007, 06:40:50 pm »

TS also looks good but I manged to crash it somehow (MC just disapeard at one point).  I'll test properly over the WE and send the logs.

TS is still doing that crazy video resizing on me. Is this not the case for you anymore?

I take it that this hasn't been fixed yet?

Thanks
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2007, 06:48:58 pm »

TS is still doing that crazy video resizing on me. Is this not the case for you anymore?

I take it that this hasn't been fixed yet?

Thanks

That is not fixed yet. I am still scatching my head.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #159 on: March 18, 2007, 10:30:01 pm »

v194 Results looks Good! (tested from STDView usual logs sent)
0) Instability / Freezing / Missing CH etc - This was MY problem - we've had some big storms and to cut a long story short (after days of investigation, testing lines etc) I had to replace my antenna and it has resolved all sorts of DVB-T problems!  It seems that the BDA drivers don't like weak and fluctuating signal strength - this was causing MC to hang with in TV mode, missing channels, freezing etc (anyone want a beaten up old aerial?)
1) Scan -  ;D  Works Great , I’m even back to picking up channels from 100KM away (see above).
2) Tune -   ;D  Works Great with either an MPEG, or DD or HD channel
3) Recording -   :) Works Well, however I get audio stuttering on the AC3 channels (not 5.1) when tuning to them straight after finishing recoding on another channel (see the log when I tune to CH9AC3 after the recording).  Note: Tuning to a Non-AC3 channels fixes the problem.  Playing the recoded files are OK (even the audio stuttering is greatly reduced but still apparent in the recordings).  This is not a big one for me as I will use only SD/MPEG and HD/DD5.1 channels not the SD/AC3 channels.
4) TimeShift -   :-\ Works OK, however I initially get a BLACK Screen on the HD channels when starting TS (eg No Screen Shot), then pressing play started the video playback without sound, then seeking back / forward would then fix it all with sound and vision just fine.  I also get the same audio stuttering problem as in #3 when tunning to a AC3 channel after finishing TS on another channel.
I’ll do some testing from the TheaterView I/F and post the results, but it is looking better all the time!
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2007, 12:35:32 am »

v194 tested from TheaterView using a remote only (usual logs sent)
1) Tune -  :-\  I've got some issues tuning from one station to another (captured in the logs).  If I'm vewing one station, then press the "Enter" button to go back the the menu with the TV Channel playing in the bottom left, navigate to a new station and press "PLAY", you get a black full screen and no sound.  Works fine if you "STOP" the channel first.  Also had MC drop out all together doing this at one point (but did not have the logging running at the time!)
2) Recording -  ?  No idea how to start recording with a remote (the record button does nothing!)
3) TimeShift -   :-\ Works OK, but same issues with STDView (+ I now see that in full screen the problem as reported by raym with the video taking up the top left three quarters of the screen only.  Even after stoping TS the condition remains until you stop and restart the TV model.
Thanks
Nathan

JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #161 on: March 19, 2007, 04:27:42 am »

...If I'm vewing one station, then press the "Enter" button to go back the the menu with the TV Channel playing in the bottom left, navigate to a new station and press "PLAY", you get a black full screen and no sound. 

Obviously Yaobing's the man here but I have a few thoughts... Are you starting tv with TS on or off? Assuming it is off to begin with, hitting PLAY while another station is already playing effectively tunes to the new channel but in TS mode. Therefore the video should be paused. I don't know why you're seeing a black screen.

2) Recording -  ?  No idea how to start recording with a remote (the record button does nothing!)

Ditto! Been wondering this myself. A hot key sequence would be great here.

Cheers,
Ralf.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #162 on: March 19, 2007, 05:41:15 am »

Obviously Yaobing's the man here but I have a few thoughts... Are you starting tv with TS on or off? Assuming it is off to begin with, hitting PLAY while another station is already playing effectively tunes to the new channel but in TS mode. Therefore the video should be paused. I don't know why you're seeing a black screen.

Yes, I've TS off to start with - so it does make sense that I get a black screen / no sound when as it is the same bug I get with starting TS on an HD channel.
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: March 19, 2007, 08:53:10 am »

v194 tested from TheaterView using a remote only (usual logs sent)
1) Tune -  :-\  I've got some issues tuning from one station to another (captured in the logs).  If I'm vewing one station, then press the "Enter" button to go back the the menu with the TV Channel playing in the bottom left, navigate to a new station and press "PLAY", you get a black full screen and no sound.  Works fine if you "STOP" the channel first.  Also had MC drop out all together doing this at one point (but did not have the logging running at the time!)
By 'press "PLAY"', I suppose you meant selecting Play from the menu, not pressing the Play button on the remote. Play button on the remote is Play/Pause. You might end up pausing the currently playing channel, as raym indicated.

Select "Controls" from Theater View menus. "TV Recording" is at the bottom.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #164 on: March 19, 2007, 02:43:31 pm »

Thanks Yaobing
1) I did mean pressing the "Play" Button
2) will search out the recording option....

Do you want TV Feature requests to be posted in this thread (or should we start a new one and leave this for bugs etc?)

Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #165 on: March 19, 2007, 04:14:55 pm »

Do you want TV Feature requests to be posted in this thread (or should we start a new one and leave this for bugs etc?)

It does not matter. Either way is fine.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2007, 03:11:25 am »

TheaterView and TV impressions :  After playing around with TV in Theaterview, I've posted some suggestions regarding the IF and RC at the TheaterView thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39371.msg269434#msg269434

The following issues are very noticeable in TheaterView:
1) Initial Black Screen / No Sound when starting Timeshifting on an HD Channel
2) The 3/4 Screen Display when Timeshifting

TimeShifting & Recording:  At the moment MC using two files formats, an in-house one for TS and ms-dvr for recording which apparently prevents simultaneous TS & Recording.  At some stage  :'( like most other HTPC S'W) the consolidation to one file format (ms-dvr or mpg) to allow simultaneous TimeShifting & Recording may be the way to go. 

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2007, 04:07:36 am »

Hi Yaobing. A couple of questions for ya:-

1. Re build 195:
Fixed: Digital TV aspect ratio control did not work properly.
-- this isn't a fix for the TS video resizing bug is it?

2. Did you get my email re the digital noise log file comparisons I did? Was I onto something or was it just wishful thinking?

3. I'm just putting this out there coz I'm curious... How would MC go with 2 DVB-T tuner devices? Could I potentially watch one program while recording  another and do all those other things dual tuners should allow? How would this work in Theater View? For example, if I'm watching a program using one device, how would I "tell" MC I want to record another channel with the second device? Maybe I can assign each tuner to a different zone??

As I said, just curious... I realise this functionality is probably not available.  I may try it soon just as an experiement but wondered if you had any experience with this already with ATSC devices.

Thanks. 
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2007, 06:00:30 am »

I'm away for work at the moment so will do more testing when back home!
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2007, 10:23:23 am »

Hi Yaobing. A couple of questions for ya:-

1. Re build 195:  -- this isn't a fix for the TS video resizing bug is it?

No, it is not. That one will be fixed in the next build, definitely. Also the aspect ratio fix will truly appear in the next build  ;)

2. Did you get my email re the digital noise log file comparisons I did? Was I onto something or was it just wishful thinking?

I got the mail, but have not had chance to read it yet. I was bogged down by the TS masking window bug. Now that is finally fixed, I can get onto other stuff.

3. I'm just putting this out there coz I'm curious... How would MC go with 2 DVB-T tuner devices? Could I potentially watch one program while recording  another and do all those other things dual tuners should allow? How would this work in Theater View? For example, if I'm watching a program using one device, how would I "tell" MC I want to record another channel with the second device? Maybe I can assign each tuner to a different zone??

As I said, just curious... I realise this functionality is probably not available.  I may try it soon just as an experiement but wondered if you had any experience with this already with ATSC devices.

Thanks. 

Sorry, we still can only handle one device at a time. It has been my goal to make it handle multiple devices simultaneously, but the change is going to be extensive. This includes single device with multiple tuners. Right now we just treat them as separate devices and you have to choose one or the other, not both.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2007, 10:50:19 am »

I got the mail, but have not had chance to read it yet.

I take this back. I actually did read your log files  ;D

The difference that you noticed in the two log files was of some significance in that it showed that some of my earlier code (that had been added in an attempt to fix this problem) did kick in. And I was hoping additional changes that fixed Nathan's recording problem might also have some impact on your issue. Apparently it is still not fixed. I will have to think of something new.  :(

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2007, 05:00:09 am »

I take this back. I actually did read your log files  ;D

The difference that you noticed in the two log files was of some significance in that it showed that some of my earlier code (that had been added in an attempt to fix this problem) did kick in. And I was hoping additional changes that fixed Nathan's recording problem might also have some impact on your issue. Apparently it is still not fixed. I will have to think of something new.  :(

Ok, well here's hoping....  I'd like to point out that I have gone as far as changing my DVB-T tuner device in an attempt to resolve this. I've changed from a DVICO Fusion card to an ASUS P series but the problem still occurs!! Also, I think I may have said that the issue ONLY occurs at TV startup. This is not neccessarily true. I've also now experienced it when switching between HD channels and even during Timeshifting.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2007, 05:33:35 am »

Build 196

I've given this build and DVB-T a real workout today and I'm very pleased to say that all-in-all, I think we have the best build yet!! Timeshifting is working perfectly now! No issues at all. Recording is working fine here. Initially when I attempted to play back the recorded file I was getting a black screen and no audio. I think Nathan has had problems with this?? Anyway, this turned out to be a mistake on my part - I had not chosen my usual Cyberlink filter for dvr-ms files (it was set to "let directshow decide". After changing this setting playback is now perfect. Finally, modifying channel names seems great now.

Thanks
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2007, 05:55:34 am »

Ok, one small problem.... there had to be one!!!

Actually, I started noticing this a build or two ago. I'm occasionally seeing the dreaded "Failed to play TV (Unknown Error)" message box when attempting to play TV. The tuner device is fine (can play tv ok with other software). If I restart MC, the problem goes away. It seems to occur after a period of inactivity.

I have sent a log.

Thankyou.

Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2007, 03:38:45 pm »

I've not come across this error at all (but i've been away all week and will not get a change till the W'End to test the latest builds) - could it be a hibernation / power setting problem?
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2007, 11:41:29 pm »

The wierd thing is, sometimes when I see this error, MC carries on tuning the channel regardless. So there is no actual problem! Seems strange.

I don't use Hibernation. I do use Standby though I've seen the message box appear even when power saving has not kicked in. The thing is I've not changed my procedures here. The only variable has been MC... I'll keep an eye on it...
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2007, 01:16:39 am »

Yaobing may recall this better than me, but it sounds like the initial problem we had last year getting DVB to work (Long since fixed).  It was related to MC trying and failing to tune to an analgue channels that don't exist physically on the card but were catered for in the drivers.
Nathan (from phone)
JRiver CEO Elect

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2007, 04:08:50 am »

Ok, one small problem.... there had to be one!!!

Actually, I started noticing this a build or two ago. I'm occasionally seeing the dreaded "Failed to play TV (Unknown Error)" message box when attempting to play TV. The tuner device is fine (can play tv ok with other software).

I always get this error when I exit the TV Settings pages and sometime at other times, dom't know what it means as the tuner stil works OK.

I deleted all the TV registry entries and reconfigured but I still get it.

I just decided to put up with it until TV was closer to working in the other areas that were more important and that you guys all seem to have covered so well already.

Richard

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2007, 05:00:06 am »

Yaobing may recall this better than me, but it sounds like the initial problem we had last year getting DVB to work (Long since fixed).  It was related to MC trying and failing to tune to an analgue channels that don't exist physically on the card but were catered for in the drivers.
Nathan (from phone)

Oh yeah.. this kinda rings a bell.... Since I changed tuners last week, maybe this one handles the analog device slightly differently?

Yaobing, any clues in the log I provided?

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2007, 12:04:38 pm »

The log file you sent does not tell much., All I see is you try to tune to a channel, MC tries to build a DS graph. Graph building finishes (I suppose not completing the graph). No error message. I will see if I can improve logging a bit.

You device has an analog tuner too. But now we do not go to analog tuner until you actually try to tune to an analog channel (or when you go to TV Options - Richard, does your device have a working analog tuner?). So this case seems only related to your digital device.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2007, 12:15:49 pm »

Ok. I;m keeping a close eye on it and will report back anything else I find. It's been fine for today so fingers crossed!

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2007, 06:08:58 pm »

The log file you sent does not tell much., All I see is you try to tune to a channel, MC tries to build a DS graph. Graph building finishes (I suppose not completing the graph). No error message. I will see if I can improve logging a bit.

You device has an analog tuner too. But now we do not go to analog tuner until you actually try to tune to an analog channel (or when you go to TV Options - Richard, does your device have a working analog tuner?). So this case seems only related to your digital device.

No only a digital tuner, is a USB device it that makes any difference.

R

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2007, 06:15:19 pm »

No only a digital tuner, is a USB device it that makes any difference.

R

Please email me a log file, thanks. yaobing at jriver dot com

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2007, 01:07:24 am »

V198 testing results (logs sent) - overall now looking very good ;D with a few bugs!
1) Dropping Sound:  When stoping a recoding from a HD channel the sound gets dropped (recording1.log), same also when stoping a TS from HD channel (followed by MC crashing - see TS logs)
2) 3/4 Display problem on TS is fixed.
3) Commencing TS on an HD channel still displays only a black screen & no sound (see TS logs) - pressing FFW or RWD brings the Video Back, then pressing play / pause works fine after that.
4) Playing a TV channels no longer goes straight into Display View
5) Did not see any "Failed to Play TV" errors.
6) You can still not edit the TV Names from the "TV Config" diag box (fine from "Scan Channels")
7) The TV recordings are named as "STATION M_DD_YY HH_MM_SS" but would be good if MC could put the Month / Day in the correct DATE format like in the rest of MC (eg for me DD_MM_YY)

Also some further observations in regards to the MC IR IF stuff for TV Control.
1) Record Button - FYI recording.log should have the pressing the "recoding" button logged
2) Recording Indicator - The bottom diag box stays visible for the entire recording, not just at activation and stoping like with Timeshifting where it is hidden after a few seconds

Thanks.
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2007, 04:57:00 am »

Build 198

I don't want to jinx myself but this build has been going fantastic for me. No issues to report what-so-ever! I've used it for 3 days straight now and I've not had a single instance of the "Failed to play TV" message, nor have I heard any digial HD noise. Obviously now that I've said all this something will happen but I'm hopeful  ;D

I did notice this however (as did Nathan) and I've reported it in the build thread:-

4) Playing a TV channels no longer goes straight into Display View

My guess is this has nothing to do with DVB-T but the recent Theater View change in this area.

The other thing I've raised in the build thread (again, not related to DVB-T directly) has to do with the missing PLAY overlay marker in Theater View for the currently playing channel: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39629.msg270260#msg270260. I've mentioned this in this thread a while back also.

Excellent work Yaobing!

Z-Wave Home Automation

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2007, 07:36:30 am »

Please email me a log file, thanks. yaobing at jriver dot com

The last couple of builds seem to have fixedthe majority of the "Failed to Play TV" messages, will try to do some testing tomorrow to see if I can get any.

I did notice today that with timeshifting starting automatically when I play a HD channel I get a blank screen and no sound similar to Nathan's report earlier.

Again, will test tomorrow and post logs.

Richard

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2007, 07:40:21 am »

What's the chance of getting some channel changing "hot keys" as discussed a long time ago, so that I can test TV while using my system with TheaterView and a remote control?

I can't test on my live system if the family have to Stop and scroll through the channels and select Play to channel "surf"!

Richard

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2007, 04:47:52 am »

V200 Results - Just got a chance to have a quick play (logs sent All.Log)
1) Dropping Sound (Recording):  When stoping a recoding from a HD channel the sound gets dropped followed by MC crashing (see all.log).
2) FIXED - Sound is fine now when stoping Timeshifting from a HD channel
3) FIXED - Commencing TS on an HD channel now displays an image (after a blank screen for a second or so)
4) FIXED - Playing a TV channels now goes straight into Display View
5) An "Active Movie Window" kept poping up over the TV display playing a Video File then disapearing (see all.log) - was this some thumb nail buidling thing that should of be in the background?
6) Got a weird screen where had two menues overlapping (see weird.jpg and weird.log)

Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2007, 05:40:30 pm »

V201 Results - Just got a chance to have a quick play (logs sent All.Log)
1) FIXED - Sound is fine now when stoping from Recording from HD channel (you get a black screen for a second then what looks like a retune but it works)
Dropping Sound (Recording):  When stoping a recoding from a HD channel the sound gets dropped followed by MC crashing (see all.log).
2) un-FIXED - Commencing TS (pressing pause) on an HD channel is back to a blank screen for 10 sec then "playing" diag appears, then pressing pause again starts TS.  Also had a drop of audio comming back from TS then MC just crashed (see All.log)
3) FIXED - Dates for Recoding Titles are correct.

Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2007, 07:49:35 am »

I'm with raym and have started a thread for TV Enhancements at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39731.0  I think we should leave this one for reporting bugs etc.
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2007, 08:27:33 am »

raym,

I moved your last post to Nathan's new thread.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2007, 05:42:13 pm »

I did this in today's build:

10. Changed: DVB-T channel names are no longer tagged with numbers.

Please try scanning and see if the result is correct. Export your registry key before doing it if you want to save your current channel data.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2007, 06:04:20 pm »

V202 Scanning - I've tired scanning a couple of times but have had problems where MC seems to hang after pressing the stop scanning button (I normally press this at around 32% as all the Oz channels are in by then) I've got a scan going now that I'll just let run to see what happens (FYI I get a "Put Channel Failed" error when going into the TV Options to commence scanning yet the display shows the different TV channels during scanning.)
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2007, 06:10:39 pm »

V202 Scanning - I've tired scanning a couple of times but have had problems where MC seems to hang after pressing the stop scanning button (I normally press this at around 32% as all the Oz channels are in by then) I've got a scan going now that I'll just let run to see what happens (FYI I get a "Put Channel Failed" error when going into the TV Options to commence scanning yet the display shows the different TV channels during scanning.)

The changes I made today really should not affect the Stop Scan button. Not sure what was going on.

put_Channel failed probably is harmless as it probably relates to your 'ghost' analog tuner.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2007, 06:17:14 pm »

OK - I let the scan run all the way through and it was fine (I've sent through a log of the scan after pressing stop - but really no big deal as you only do this once).  The channel names look much better and mean I don't have to edit them manually anymore!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2007, 12:45:20 am »

V202 Testing -Almost perfect  ;D (have sent a log) with only a few minor things around Timeshifting:
- Delay: It can take up to 10 sec with a Blank Screen on an HD channel before TS starts (eg see the Nine HD TS)
- Double Pause: Sometime you press pause and the screen goes blank like above but after 10 sec or so you get a "playing TV" message, yet the screen is still blank.  Pressing pause again then seems to start TS properly (eg see the ABC HD TS)
- Loss of sound: Sometimes when you go to another channel after stoping TS you lose sound (eg see the tune to 7 after ABC HD TS stop).

The rest seems all good (starting, stoping, tuning, recording).

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2007, 05:28:18 pm »

V204 Testing (logs sent):  All seems to work perfectly (scan, tune, record) except Timshift which is now really broken on all channels:
1) Pause of up to 10sec on the HD channels, then
2) OSD saying "playing" but
3) Black Screen with Sound and
4) Non responsive to key presses then
5) MC crashes

see both Timeshift Logs

Nathan

PS the recording out to the dvr-ms stuff is perfect, is it worth using that file format instead of the MC one (could also allow combined TS and Rec later  ;D)
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #197 on: April 03, 2007, 05:26:17 am »

Build 204

Yep, TS is broken!! Not seeing any crashes though. I hit pause but video is not paused. I hear the audio continue but no video, just black. Hitting stop brings the video back in a non-TS mode.

A couple of minor things also:

1. As discussed, there's a delay between starting TV and MC jumping to Display View from Theater View. I've sent a log of this for you.

2. When first starting TV, the OSD invariably states that my signal strenth is very low - values between 0-30%. Now, I know this is incorect because I have excellent reception where I am. Not only this but MC later confirms this when I switch to another channel briefly and then back again. When I do this, the same channel now reports 90-100% signal strength!

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #198 on: April 03, 2007, 07:08:21 am »

Hi Raym, every since I upgraded to the latest DVICO SW I get terrific response with the only delay around initiating (eg with the pause button) and stoping TS.  I do not have TS on by default as it has always been problematic for me.  I think I remember a post from you awhile ago saying you have TS enabled by default, if so it may be worth turning this off to see if you still get the delay.

Also, it has been a long time since I was getting the really low signal strength signals (I used to just ignore them).  MC now reports signal strength at tuning for me from 85-100%,
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #199 on: April 03, 2007, 04:28:41 pm »

I never have TS on by default.

I'm generally happy with response times - startup, channel changing etc... This delay I've been talking to Yaobing about is a little more unique and has existed in one form or another for ages and with different capture devices/drivers.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up