INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: J River MC 12 Remote Control..  (Read 4084 times)

cold.lucas.

J River MC 12 Remote Control..
« on: April 10, 2007, 05:48:31 pm »

hello :)

im new and my english isnt the best please so dont be too unfriendly if you do not understand what i mean .P

so..
ive downloaded the mc 11.1.200 demo and installed it. ive a x10 remote control from medion and the grider program to control the mouse etc.. and now i searched a grider plugin to just press a button for example to say mc to stop playing music or playing next track in the playlist.. ive found such a template for grider but its configurated for mc 9 and wont function for my mc 11.. ive searched the whole internet and ive looked in more than 100 sites with google.. nothing.. the only thing i found for this problem was to install a x10 plugin in j river (nothing with grider) but these plugins wont find my usb transmitter for the remote control.. so can please s1 config a file for j river mc 11 (i need only play/pause, next track, previous track; i control the volume with the system volume and a grider template for windows volume..).. i do not understand all these classes and so on in grider (when i try to make this template on my own)..

thanks over all

with happy greets from germany :)

cold.lucas.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: J River MC 11.1.200 Remote Control..
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 05:57:22 pm »

Please install Media Center 12 from www.jrmediacenter.com.  You'll find girder files in the install folder here:

C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Data\Extras\Girder

cold.lucas.

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 06:12:33 pm »

ye i told from this template but its for mc9.. do not function with mc11 :/

but thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 06:21:55 pm »

Please install the newer version of MC.

cold.lucas.

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 06:48:12 pm »

so

installed media center 12.0.198 ... in the folder Media Center 12\Data\Extras\Girder ive tried MC9_131.gml .. this file is the same with the installation from 11.1.200 ... its configurated for mc 9... -.- in this template it tells the programm to access on "mjextman.exe".. but in mc 11 / mc 12 the file is named media center 11.exe / media center 12.exe .. and yes ive tried to just rename it the so called "step size" is not the right one.. so please say me what to do.. (i said that you shouldnt be too unfriendly ;) )

thx

cold.lucas.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 07:27:12 pm »

Please try a search here for posts on Girder by user "glynor".

cold.lucas.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 09:39:27 pm »

thanks for the answer xD

so.. ive tried it.. ive downloaded the gml file from gylnor (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33295.0) and loaded the "J River Media Center12.gml" in Grider 3.2 .. i let the program learn the events and saved the file (video of this eventlearning http://rapidshare.com/files/25369234/grider.avi.html just to be save questions etc).. i took media center in the foreground and pressed some of the buttons that ive configurated a few minutes before.. but nothing happends.. the symbol of grider blinked up so my computer checked that ive pressed some buttons but j river took no care about this he didnt start to play my song in the "playing now" playlist, it didnt pause it and it did not change to the next or the previous track in the "playing now" playlist.. somthing is going wrong here.. -.-

pleease i really like this program i want to buy it but i also want to control it from my couch :/

thanks for help

cold.lucas.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 11:37:37 pm »

I would suggest USBUIRT plugin of MC12 if you have USBUIRT ... that really works well and that is the way I control MC12 ..

I tried Girder integration using Glynor's file but it never really worked for me as I had a different remote and the time required to make it work with Girder was prohibitively expensive!

MC12 still has a lot of scope of improvement for remote integration though. One shouldn't have to buy a software that costs more than MC12 (Girder!) to use remote control with this software.. USBUIRT works but still lacks many important functionality.

Osho

cold.lucas.

Re: J River MC 12 Remote Control..
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 09:24:01 am »

ye i already said that i tried the plugins directly in mc but if i take usbuirt it says me it needs usbuirtdv.dll (or sth like this) and i searched in google and it means that there is no driver for usbuirt installed so i suggest ive no usbuirt system.. dont know if you know it its called "Medion USB RF Remote Receiver".. in grider it says me its an x10 system.. so plz do not try to search other solutions, i think it must be possible to make this f**king grider working, dont know why it do not function, with grider and another template i can take control over the mouse and over the system volume so i think i make all right in configurating the events (to learn them)..?! you can watch the video from rapidshare (last post) there you see how i config it.. pleeease help :)^^

thanks thanks thanks

cold.lucas.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 09:52:52 am »

My GML files are for Girder4 only.  I believe Doof made Girder3 GML files but never posted them.  Doof, any help here?

I should say... It is certainly possible to get it working with your remote and Girder!  It'll just take a little work.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 10:38:24 am »

..and some $150 for Girder  :-(

(don't get me wrong, I have whole house license for G4, but they are getting progressively expensive. free-$20-$49-$100-$200 in 5 years)

It is certainly possible to get it working with your remote and Girder!  It'll just take a little work.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 10:41:30 am »

I didn't pay $150!   :o

But, I meant that it is possible to get it working with Girder3 (the still-free one).  I, personally, just bought Girder4 (for $50 -- and it's still that price) because I thought it was worth the cost for the better features and vastly improved ease-of-use, so my GML files are for Girder4.

As I said... I think Doof built GML files for MC12 and Girder 3.x.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 11:04:31 am »

Yeah, I've got the 3.2 GML files at home. I'll dig them up and post a link to them as soon as I go home for lunch. :)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 02:43:09 pm »

ye i already said that i tried the plugins directly in mc but if i take usbuirt it says me it needs usbuirtdv.dll (or sth like this)

Download the latest release of MC12 (12.0.207 is the latest at this time).. Older versions of MC12 had this missing and it was fixed later on.. If you download and install the latest release.. you will get the usbuirt plugin..

Osho

gappie

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 04:15:56 pm »

Download the latest release of MC12 (12.0.207 is the latest at this time).. Older versions of MC12 had this missing and it was fixed later on.. If you download and install the latest release.. you will get the usbuirt plugin..

Osho

dont know. ive heard to often that mc works with every remote. since 11.1. but never with my streamzap. with version 207 its unable to load the uuirtdrv.dll. maybe girder did mess things up. maybe i did. maybe the streamzap did. ill stick with girder 4. nice extra is that it can be used for much more.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 04:20:47 pm »

I don't know much of anything about this, but you can download the uuirtdrv.dll file from here:

http://www.usbuirt.com/latestAPIDriver.zip

You probably need to put the extracted DLL file in your windows\system32 directory, but maybe it needs to be in the Media Center executable's directory instead.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 10:34:43 am »

As promised, you can download my MC12.gml file here. This is using SendMessage, since it's much more responsive than calling MC12.exe for every command, so be sure to enable the SendMessage plugin in Girder or else it won't work.

Let me know if you have any problems with it.

cold.lucas.

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 11:21:47 am »

dammin i love you^^

now it functions, even if i have mc in the background or minimized :)
really really big thanks ;D

mfg
cold.lucas.

quarintus

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 01:02:01 pm »

As promised, you can download my MC12.gml file here. This is using SendMessage, since it's much more responsive than calling MC12.exe for every command, so be sure to enable the SendMessage plugin in Girder or else it won't work.

Let me know if you have any problems with it.

I have MC12 and the USB RF Remote Reciever from medion (x10). With an other Gml File I had some result but as soon as I pressed 2 buttons within 40 seconds it takes a longtime for the program to react. Next to that, only the play, and pause button seemed to work.
The GML file you posted (the link is bad: dubble http// And 2 times %22 has to go out of it to work.
I was able to download the file, but it didn't work. I wasn't even able to assign a remote controle to it.
Do you know what I should do?

(i used Girder 4)

Mighty_A-MAN

• Junior Woodchuck
  • The world rotates, so does my car's engine ...
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 02:35:11 pm »

Hi there,

It seems the file from Doof would be handy for me as well. I have a Medion PC with an X10 RF Remote Control and I can only control useless programs with it which came with the PC. Well, it would be just handy to use the remote for Media Center 12 instead of just covering it with dust.

Now, as Doof's link isn't working, can anyone help me? Unfortunately I have no clue about remotes on PCs, but from what I read here, the file from Doof could be the solution to my non-MC-working remote.

Many thanks and best regards,

Mighty A-MAN

beardno1

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 06:44:11 am »

Hi there new on here just started using mc12 after using foobar 2000 for a while and am very impressed.
If your wanting a cheap remote for this program i tried a cyberlink remote that i had with an old laptop that used power dvd 4.
 I only tried it on the off chance that it might do untill i get around to buying a decent one but it worked brilliantly as soon as i plugged the ir receiver in theres a few buttons that still dont work and cant seem to get them configured yet but for audio and video control i have full functions.
Heres the link  http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129977  like i said its cheap but it does feel better than what you would expect for the price and it works which is what you want at the end of the day.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 07:14:45 am »

Hi there new on here just started using mc12 after using foobar 2000 for a while and am very impressed.
If your wanting a cheap remote for this program i tried a cyberlink remote that i had with an old laptop that used power dvd 4.
 I only tried it on the off chance that it might do untill i get around to buying a decent one but it worked brilliantly as soon as i plugged the ir receiver in theres a few buttons that still dont work and cant seem to get them configured yet but for audio and video control i have full functions.
Heres the link  http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129977  like i said its cheap but it does feel better than what you would expect for the price and it works which is what you want at the end of the day.

That sounds worth a try, cheers for the tip!

Mighty_A-MAN

• Junior Woodchuck
  • The world rotates, so does my car's engine ...
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 07:46:59 am »

Hi beardno1,

Thanks for the hint, indeed it seems being a good value deal and I might opt for it if I can't get my current remote running, though I have not given up the hope yet. Hope dies last ...

Cheers,

Mighty A-MAN

rebecca1

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 08:10:26 am »

Thanks for the linl too beardno1

I'm still desperately trying to get anykind of dvd playback working with my shuttle, but I will make it work. This is is the first media centre type app in a long time that I've liked. I need a remote too so thats one thing out of the way. Thanks again and happy new year!

beardno1

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2008, 04:56:09 am »

Hi there glad i could be of help happy new year.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2008, 02:23:48 pm »

Looks like an Interact update at some point broke the link I posted to my .GML file. It's fixed now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up