INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.60 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 4531 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.60 Beta -- Available Here
« on: March 30, 2011, 01:05:04 pm »

This is the latest beta version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter160060.exe

16.0.60 (3/29/2011)

1. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).
2. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
3. Fixed: In some cases, the installer could incorrectly reboot instead of launch the program after an install (only applies to builds 53-59).
4. Changed: When the installer wishes to restart, clicking 'Finish' with the 'Restart Windows now' box checked will show a confirmation dialog to avoid unexpected restarts.
5. Fixed: Aspect ratio on Android video conversions was sometimes incorrect.
6. Changed: Video encoding profile simplified somewhat for Android conversions.

16.0.59 (3/29/2011)

1. Fixed: When registering MAC addresses for wake on lan, the last MAC address would not be included in some case.

16.0.58 (3/28/2011)

1. Changed: Refined mp4/m4a tag reader so it will get more precise bitrate values.  It will also handle very large files (ones requiring 64bit integers).
2. Fixed: ID3v2 tag reading and writing of COMM frames was not working properly (only applies to build 53 - 57).
3. Changed: Added support for some additional ID3v2.2 frames.
4. Fixed: High sample rate ALAC files would play at 44.1 instead of the higher sample rate.
5. Fixed: DLNA server, return sane content length when seek is requested past EOF. Fixes stall problem with XBMC and mp3's. Perhaps others...

16.0.57 (3/24/2011)

1. Fixed: Video encoder for Android was not getting automatically updated to the latest version.
2. Fixed: mp4/m4a tag reader got bitrate wrong.
3. Fixed: More configuration for Android video conversion.
4. Changed: When registering for an Access Key, the server's MAC address is sent so that Wake on WAN/LAN will be possible with Gizmo.  Library Server soon.

16.0.56 (3/22/2011)

1. Fixed: The statusbar could show that a page was loading indefinitely when using the Internet Explorer engine.
2. Fixed: The minimize and close buttons could overlap on a skin that used different sizes for the buttons when a frame had no maximize button.
3. Fixed: It was not possible to seek ALAC files.
4. Fixed: An undo operation (ctrl-z) on a rename of a stacked file would not work for the underlying stacked files.
5. Fixed: A rename operation on a stacked file that was named differently from the stack top file would show an incorrect error message.
6. NEW: Added tag writing option from Options > General to the main program menu: Edit > Update Tags When File Info Changes.
7. NEW: Tag writing option is also available as a toolbar button.
8. Fixed: Video conversion for Android would behave poorly on files with a video filetype but containing only audio.
9. Fixed: Image playback with a pan and zoom slideshow could sparkle on the edges of images.
10. Changed: When viewing an image at 100%, a pixel-perfect overlay will always be rendered once zooming / scrolling have finished.
11. Fixed: Mp4/m4a tagging reading could deadlock on some files containing copyright notice.
12. Fixed: Transitioning from native audio playback to Directshow audio playback when there was an audio format change could lead to problems.
13. Fixed: Some M4A files would not play properly.

16.0.55 (3/18/2011)

1. Changed: Improved support for skins that have a border above the main menu (specified with Toolbars::TopBar::OffsetY in the skin).
2. Fixed: FLAC seeking did not support block accurate seeks, so CUE playback or conversion could be misaligned by a fraction of a second.
3. Changed: Tuned the level of hardware image detail used in hardware accelerated image playback.

16.0.54 (3/18/2011)
Internal build

16.0.53 (3/16/2011)

1. Changed: Added support for reading TXXX(UNSYNCED LYRICS) from ID3v2 tags (used by some software instead of more standard USLT).
2. Fixed: Reading lyrics from ID3v2 USLT frames did not work properly if the frame contained a content description.
3. Faster: When playing a video, switching between Display View and Theater View is faster.
4. Fixed: Mp4/m4a tag reader did not read bitrate correctly (build 52 ony).
5. Fixed: Mp4/m4a tag reader could crash on reading duration (build 52 ony).
6. Fixed: Mp4/m4a tag reader did not read embedded cover art  (build 52 ony).
7. Faster: Mp4/m4a tag reader is faster on files with embedded image.
8. NEW: Added optional /NoRun command line support to installer that will cause the installation to stop on the last page and not offer to run the program.
9. Fixed: Theater View file info text and news text would wrap to a new line sooner than expected.
10. Faster: Artist image views load faster.

16.0.52 (3/15/2011)

1. NEW: Improved support for Apple files.
2. Fixed: The mp4/m4a tagging system did not read replay-gain data correctly in build 51.
3. Fixed: Some Play Doctor phrases were not translatable.
4. NEW: Added command line tools /RestoreLibrary, /RestoreSettings, and /RestoreLibraryAndSettings.  Specify the path to a library backup after the command.

16.0.51 (3/11/2011)

1. NEW: Artist image views perform better (artist images are now imported as hidden database records so they leverage the existing thumbnail system, etc.).
2. NEW: Artist image views will show full resolution images when zooming in on the thumbnails (right-click thumbnail size slider to toggle one artist per page mode).
3. NEW: Artist images are used in artist views of Theater View.
4. Changed: More improvements to how the search suggestion system handles searches with more than one word.
5. Fixed: When starting seeded Play Doctor playback, the variety distribution could be off a little for the first few files.
6. Fixed: Starting Play Doctor with an artist or album seed would always start playback with the same file by the artist.
7. Fixed: Renaming a library in the tree would cause the selection state to be lost.
8. NEW: Added 'Adjust the volume' as one of the available parametric equalizer types.
9. Fixed: Sizing web pages when using the Internet Explorer engine would flicker.
10. Changed: When starting with Media Server enabled, more aggressive window visibility checking is performed so that if the window is off the screen due to a resolution change, etc. it will be reset to a default position.
11. Fixed: In some cases, ripping could start with the second track[ instead of the first track.
12. Fixed: When using the IE engine, if you had a browser on a tab you never viewed, the web sandbox for that tab would not shutdown gracefully (but instead get hard killed).
13. Fixed: Play Doctor would not start on the expected track or have the expected track distribution with shuffle mode enabled.
14. Fixed: The new mp4/m4a tagging system did not read replay gain data into MC's replaygain fields.
15. Changed: Added a more graphical view header to library management views (Playing Now > Playing from in the tree).

16.0.50 (3/10/2011)

1. Fixed: Improved handling of single character search tokens in the search suggestion system (used by Play Doctor, search box, Gizmo, etc.).
2. Changed: Tuned search suggestion system to provide more relevant results when entering searches with more than one word.
3. Fixed: Switching away from a web view could crash.
4. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
5. Fixed: Bug in video conversion for Android could cause conversions to stall out.
6. Fixed: Switching tabs with Ctrl+Tab / Ctrl+Shift+Tab was not working.
7. Fixed: The new mp4/m4a tagging system did not handle BPM and Date fields correctly.
8. Fixed: Aspect ratio was often wrong on Android video conversions.
9. Fixed: Video conversions (for Android and others) could stall out if some Directshow components needed to be downloaded.
10. Changed: Updated splash screen to use jriver.com as the web address.
11. NEW: Clicking on a library in the tree (Playing Now > Playing from) will show library information and offer tools (still a work in progress).

chicostyle

Re: Media Center 16.0.60 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 01:16:49 pm »

Wonderful, MC 16 is turning out great!
One question about "transitioning from native audio playback to Directshow audio playback when there was an audio format change could lead to problems". I suffered this with previous versions and heard some weird noises... can they eventually damage a headphone (or speaker)?
tks

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 01:37:44 pm »

I keep finding the media server icon in the system tray does not produce its menu when clicked on. Most often, I find that exiting the main MC ui then allows the 'close media server' menu to show, but not always.

It has been this way for several builds now...

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 07:39:33 am »

I keep finding the media server icon in the system tray does not produce its menu when clicked on.
I just installed the latest version and my menu was there but I was going to ask a question since it bit me the first few times. Is it possible to show the Media Server version number, i.e. 16, when hovering over the system tray icon? Upgrading to 16 kept 15 in there and it took me awhile to figure out exactly what was going wrong. If the Media Server version was listed, I could have been able to identify immediately that 15 was still running.
Jeff

globetrotters1

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 08:00:29 am »

since the tag system changes there is still that program error/bug in the latest build 16.0.060 with the different and annoying behaviour when tagging more than 100 tracks at the same time...

it is just ONE little jump statement...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix that!

it wrecks my nerves
thanks

PS: if you need once again the exact description of the problem, please say so - I'm even willing to show the problem with screen copies

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 08:18:48 am »

This one still exists and is quite annoying as it messes up the library:

Playing files via webplay etc. causes MC to import and stack converted mp3 files to the library.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 11:25:55 am »

since the tag system changes there is still that program error/bug in the latest build 16.0.060 with the different and annoying behaviour when tagging more than 100 tracks at the same time...

it is just ONE little jump statement...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix that!

it wrecks my nerves
thanks

PS: if you need once again the exact description of the problem, please say so - I'm even willing to show the problem with screen copies

This will be fixed next build.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Belarathon

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 04:58:26 pm »

I think I've identified a bug in Theater navigation though I can't tell you when it was introduced.  Suppose I have a genre of Jazz, which is filled with artists and sub-directories of artists.  After browsing an artist, and arrowing back out to the Jazz folder, if I want to arrow up within the folder, I can do that.  However, if I want to arrow down one-by-one, I can't do that, because the cursor will drop all the way to the bottom of the Jazz list.  With 1300 folders in my Jazz folder it is a bit of a bother to arrow back up to where I was.
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810

bigmun01

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 05:09:13 pm »

Suddenly I am experiencing frequent dropouts with 16.0.60, a problem I haven't had for some time. I am still using wasapi event style, and nothing else has changed.  This occurs on all file types, from 44.1/16 to 192/24. Any thoughts?
Thanks, Steve

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 05:19:12 pm »

I think I've identified a bug in Theater navigation though I can't tell you when it was introduced.  Suppose I have a genre of Jazz, which is filled with artists and sub-directories of artists.  After browsing an artist, and arrowing back out to the Jazz folder, if I want to arrow up within the folder, I can do that.  However, if I want to arrow down one-by-one, I can't do that, because the cursor will drop all the way to the bottom of the Jazz list.  With 1300 folders in my Jazz folder it is a bit of a bother to arrow back up to where I was.
Page up and down will work.  So will up and down arrows.  Please start a thread and describe what you do.  Remote? Keyboard?  Mouse?

Belarathon

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 05:39:22 pm »

Page up and down will work.  So will up and down arrows.  Please start a thread and describe what you do.  Remote? Keyboard?  Mouse?

This was with the remote.  I hadn't thought of just using the keyboard arrow keys to narrow it down, but the strange behavior happened with the keyboard too.  Now here's where it gets weird:  I untoggled the alternate navigation mode, and it worked as it should.  Stranger still, when I toggled it back, it still worked correctly.  Anyway, problem solved.
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810

globetrotters1

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 07:54:42 am »

This will be fixed next build.

Thanks.

Matt,
I will be VERY grateful. :) :) :) And please let me know if you need exact details
thanks

rick.ca

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 02:32:55 pm »

This issue has returned...

YouTube in Theatre View doesn't work for me either (in MC14 or 15).

The URLs (according to the Filename field) are being recorded as webmedia\\YouTube\[video code]. It's behaving as if IE is trying to open this directly. It doesn't get past the unknown "webmedia" protocol.

A screen shot is included in the linked thread.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 09:00:28 pm »

when exporting to itunes while something is playing, it does not advance to the next track.  Would also be good if the export process could happen in the background.  Waiting for quite a while in silence at the moment for a big playlist to copy over.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up