INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 17.0.62 -- Available Here  (Read 11996 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 17.0.62 -- Available Here
« on: January 03, 2012, 03:22:43 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170062.exe

17.0.62 (1/3/2012)

1. Changed: Reverted the publisher in the uninstall to "JRiver" from "JRiver" because the change could cause problems when rolling back to an old build.
2. Fixed: MCWS/v1/Control/Key was not working in Theater View which made Gizmo Theater View remote mode not work.

17.0.61 (1/2/2012)

1. Fixed: Image playback (or other hardware accelerated views) could get into a state when an unexpected redraw was issued by Windows where presentation stalled the main thread and prevented timers from being serviced (so image playback could stall).
2. Fixed: Customization of Gizmo views in Options > Media Network was not working.
3. Fixed: WebGizmo thumbnails would not have text with some browsers.
4. Changed: When dealing with output signals with more than 8 channels, the program assumes the first 8 channels follow the conventional L,R,C,SW,RL,RR,SL,SR ordering for the first 8 channels so that Room Correction, Parametric Equalizer, etc. can be used on the first 8 channels.
5. Fixed: Netflix search box did not work right after exiting and re-entering the Netflix theater view.
6. Fixed: Sound was muted following a DVD seek operation (ff/rew).
7. Changed: A cancel button was added to the "Export all Playlists" wait message.
8. Fixed: Setting the bitstreaming option would fail in some cases (may require manually reenabling bitstreaming one time).
9. Fixed: Image playback was not handling lost Direct3d devices nicely, so locking the screen, etc. could break playback.
10. NEW: Added advanced option to Options > Video called "Aspect ratio mode" which allows setting a global default for video aspect ratio handling (choices: no change, stretch, crop, automatic).
11. Changed: Some tuning to the look and feel of WebGizmo.
12. Changed: Changed copyrights to 2012.

17.0.60 (12/23/2011)

1. NEW:  WebGizmo merges WebPlay and WebRemote and looks like Gizmo for Android (test by navigating to [Library Server URL]/Gizmo).
2. Changed: Revised the layout of library server webpage themes in [Install Path]\Data so that all are beneath [Install Path]\Data\Library Server.
3. SDK: Library Server's HTML engine supports else clauses in conditionals (see WebGizmo for an example).
4. SDK: Merged MCWS Browse/Image and File/GetImage image handling and parameters so sizing control, png, aspect ratio, etc. is available to both.
5. Fixed: Transcoding MP3's to burn a CD was failing in some cases because MC was under-estimating the final size of VBR mp3 files.
6. Changed: LAV video is now used to play JTV and Mpeg-2 content that used to use the Microsoft video decoder.
7. Fixed: Updated LAV video version to fix an issue with AAC in television.

17.0.59 (12/21/2011)

1. Fixed: Theater View message boxes (or pressing escape to show a message box) could crash in build 58.
2. Changed: Using Rename, Move, & Copy for a video file will also move sidecar edl, srt, smi, idx, sub.
3. Fixed: Renaming a video file would move a sidecar image but not update the image file field, causing the link to the image to be broken.
4. Fixed: Blu-ray titles weren't always showing up in the title menu.
5. Changed: Red October uses the latest LAV filters (v0.43). Improved stability on WinXP, improved MKV performance, fixed problems with MPEG2/H264 broadcasts, AMV decoding, various other improvements.
6. Fixed: Per-file aspect ratio settings were not being preserved between plays.
7. Fixed: Sorting results by match quality wasn't always working well in the Get Movie & TV Info tool.
8. NEW: The file rename and move tool now works with JTV titles in the database.

17.0.58 (12/20/2011)

1. Fixed: In Rename/Move/Copy dialog, VIDEO_TS and BDMV sub-folders were getting doubled up.
2. Fixed: In Detached Display mode, some keyboard shortcuts would not work.
3. Fixed: Rare dead-lock when updating Podcasts.
4. Changed: Renamed the window class names of the playback display (only relevant if you're scripting the program).
5. Changed: Blu-ray title menu shown when "dvd menu" button on remote is pressed.

17.0.57 (12/19/2011)

1. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.80 (fixes issue with black bar cropping in Red October HQ).
2. Fixed: When first adding a folder in Configure Auto-Import, file type selections would not be saved properly.
3. Fixed: CD ripping would fail if meta-data had invalid filename characters embedded.
4. Fixed: Renaming a video with a sidecar image was not working properly.
5. Fixed: Full resolution thumbnail overlays, which are used when using large thumbnails, would flicker when used in album thumbnail views.
6. Changed: JRSS is now supported when doing 12, 16, 24, and 32 channel output (JRSS will populate 7.1 and the other channels will be silent).
7. Fixed: Changes to the bitstreaming mode in Options > Video were not sticking.
8. Fixed: Rename/Copy dialog was showing wrong case for file extension on destination DVD names.

BigMac

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 17.0.62 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 04:10:05 pm »

There are some installation issues.  After install, need to restart windows.  After re-boot the windows, there are two errors says that there are some non-windows related files with TV/DVB.  I am using Windows 7 x64 Enterprise.  ?

SH

maid

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 11:37:53 pm »

'Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory' is still not working also cannot add from file
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 02:34:02 am »

9aul

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 05:42:33 am »

the alternative audio output for video remains omitted once again.

Videoclock wasn't working again in .60 , haven't tested in .62 yet.

fhelenius

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 09:02:31 am »

Looks great.

I need to install j river on a second computer here at home - as I need a portable computer connected to a dac. I bought j river 17 at the release day more than 14 day ago. What do I do here ??

frank / denmark

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 09:14:48 am »

the alternative audio output for video remains omitted once again.

Videoclock wasn't working again in .60 , haven't tested in .62 yet.

You can use Custom video mode in Options > Video to use an audio renderer other than JRiver for video.  We don't recommend doing this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 09:19:01 am »

Looks great.

I need to install j river on a second computer here at home - as I need a portable computer connected to a dac. I bought j river 17 at the release day more than 14 day ago. What do I do here ??

frank / denmark

Just install and restore.  More here:
http://www.jriver.com/purchase.html

Please start a new thread if you have additional questions.

statiker81

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 17.0.62
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 10:21:17 am »

Thanks for the great software and the many improvements.
I have been a fan of this software since version 12.

I especially like the new video-files cover management. Works great for movies and also single episodes.

However, there is a problem with the rename tool, if an image file is associated, the rename rule causes the files to be moved to a different directory!

There is no such problem with the xml tag file.

It would be great if that could be fixed.

satfrat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 10:49:13 am »

After using the player (which had automatically downloaded 17.0.62 earlier w/no isssues) last night with no issues, when I got up this morning & with the computer left on all night, I had lost my entire album library (10K+). All the blue icons under Audio had suddenly turned red. Well by using your download link, I redownloaded the .62 version and all is well again. Thought you should know.

Cheers,
Robin

JohnT

Re: Media Center 17.0.62
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 12:00:17 pm »

Thanks for the great software and the many improvements.
I have been a fan of this software since version 12.

I especially like to new video-files cover management. Works great for movies and also single episodes.

However, there is a problem with the rename tool, if an image file is associated, the rename rule causes the files to be moved to a different directory!

There is no such problem with the xml tag file.

It would be great, if that could be fixed.
If you are renaming (moving) a DVD movie, all files in the DVD movie's folder, including images, will be moved to the new location.  Is this what you are seeing?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

phalanthus

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 02:49:25 pm »

?

save cover art does not seem to be working

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 03:47:48 am »

MC 17.0.62 is still not saving the preference when asked if empty folders should be removed in spite of previously indicating that I do not wish to be asked again.

I reported this bug some time ago in the MC 16 development, alas it still persists.

If the folder is specific to the preference question, can we please have a global override i.e I never wish to delete folders and I never wish to be asked, especially when the question is sent to the unused monitor thereby causing MC 17 to hang during exit
The Future is Remote!

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 04:49:20 am »

A minor gripe.. Is it possible for the weather gadget to adjust to the relevant time zone? I have Hamilton loaded via google, this being a city within the Waikato rejoin of New Zealand. It seems that based on the current time zone the current day is displayed at around 12 hours behind what it should be.

At the moment It's 11:45pm, Thursday the 5th of January. Instead the weather gadget screen displays Thursday after current conditions which makes things quite confusing really, also it would be nice if we could select between metric and imperial measurements for wind speed.

globetrotters1

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 07:17:09 am »

Install of version 62 changes the output option of 'bitstreaming' from the original 'S/PDIF' to 'none' and if I switch it on again I cannot start any movie anymore. It gives me the error message that "audio cannot be started at the chosen output" - going back to version 34 solves the issue, there it works fine (but then all the new stuff isn't there anymore). I absolutely need this function as my sound will be processed by an external 8-channel sound processor for my theater

I run Windows7 x64 Enterprise, MC 17.0.62, Red October Standard, restarted, reinstalled - to no avail

Would be nice to have bitstreaming working again please (or can someone tell me what to change where to make this work again?)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 08:15:36 am »

I absolutely need this function as my sound will be processed by an external 8-channel sound processor for my theater

I run Windows7 x64 Enterprise, MC 17.0.62, Red October Standard, restarted, reinstalled - to no avail

Would be nice to have bitstreaming working again please (or can someone tell me what to change where to make this work again?)

Bitstreaming is working for me.  Maybe you could start a new thread?

A good place to start is to test 5.1 audio output as Dolby Digital by using DSP Studio > Output Format and playing a regular MP3.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 08:47:26 am »

A minor gripe.. Is it possible for the weather gadget to adjust to the relevant time zone? I have Hamilton loaded via google, this being a city within the Waikato rejoin of New Zealand. It seems that based on the current time zone the current day is displayed at around 12 hours behind what it should be.

At the moment It's 11:45pm, Thursday the 5th of January. Instead the weather gadget screen displays Thursday after current conditions which makes things quite confusing really, also it would be nice if we could select between metric and imperial measurements for wind speed.

Have you explored Theater View > Gadgets > Weather > Configure ?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 01:14:51 pm »

Have you explored Theater View > Gadgets > Weather > Configure ?

Theater View > Gadgets > Weather > Configure is what I refer to when say that I loaded Hamilton, Waikato via google. The only options available are display name and temperature format.

Ok... now I realise what's going on after looking at the google weather page, it's just a different layout from what I expected. The current conditions show 'just' the current conditions with weather for that day displayed below rather than current conditions showing today's weather with tomorrow's weather displayed below. I'm good now

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 06:18:26 am »

I'm not sure whether this qualifies as a bug report, but I'll post it here lest it gets lost in the forums.

I'm synching Music and Playlists with my Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android), which works really well. The Android player I'm using is PlayerPro, which is by far the best player I've found on the platform.

There's a problem with special characters in playlist filenames though. MC seems to save the playlist in DOS/ANSI encoding, which has the effect that PlayerPro can't read any playlist files with special characters in the filename ("inside" the playlist), "Róisín Murphy" for example. For testing, I've converted a playlist into UTF-8/BOM, and the resulting playlist worked perfectly well. The problem has been described in at least two other posts, here and in another more recent thread I can't find right now.

Would it be possible to add an option to select different playlist encodings on the "sync config"-screen?

EDIT: the test playlist works fine in UTF-8 encoding without BOM, as well.

vvcepheus7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 12:44:03 pm »

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 10:12:02 pm »

TV Series cover art is not being downloaded upon auto-import.

MarkGrigsby

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 06:15:00 am »

MC team - please check out this bug report - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68947.0

It's making it hard to use MC17 for photos for me right now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up