INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.165 -- Available Here  (Read 7690 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 17.0.165 -- Available Here
« on: June 04, 2012, 09:27:06 am »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170165.exe

17.0.165 (6/1/2012)

1. Fixed: Adding a new column to a list by right-clicking the header could sometimes cause the column to appear as the last column instead of at the right-click location.
2. Changed: Lossy M4A and AAC files will show a bitdepth of "16" (what the source probably was) in the library instead of "64" (what the decoder outputs).
3. Changed: During rapid key repeats, the Theater View selection bubble will move instantly to the destination instead of animating (when three or more moves occur in less than 300ms).
4. Changed: Tuned the thumbnail drop shadow border.
5. Fixed: Incorrect information about the audio parameters of a video file were being sent via DLNA when a file was being sent unconverted. Might have caused audio stuttering and/or unplayable audio for videos on some renderers.
6. Fixed: Matroska containers were being sent in the content directory (and while being pushed) with the wrong mimetype and DLNA flags when not being converted. This will fix problems playing mkvs on devices that can play them natively (WDTV, etc).
7. Fixed: Pause button on remote not working during Netflix playback. Also sizing of image was wrong since Netflix changed the UI.

17.0.164 (5/30/2012)

1. NEW: Added support for SACD .iso files that use large sectors.
2. Changed: Revised the thumbnail drop shadow effect so that it looks better on dark backgrounds.
3. Fixed: When playing a video that required more bandwidth than was available (YouTube, Library Server client, etc.), playback was not nicely pausing to buffer.
4. Changed: Theater View thumbnail lists uses no empty space between thumbnail rectangles (previously a margin of about 5% the item size was used).
5. Changed: Theater View thumbnail lists use one size down for the text size.
6. Changed: Theater View thumbnail views always leave room for two lines of text so that images remain a consistent size.
7. Changed: Shrunk the selection's internal margins a bit in the default Obsidian Theater View skin.
8. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks to Johnny B).

17.0.163 (5/29/2012)

1. NEW: Added support for DST compressed DFF files.
2. Fixed: Background podcast downloading could cause pop-up windows to appear asking whether files should be overwritten or renamed.
3. Fixed: From Performer Store, if an external web page was navigated to (e.g. Amazon), the back button did not return to the Performer store page.
4. Fixed: Clicking the "link" symbol to the left of an artist or album name for Performer store tracks, did not search the store but simply showed zero results.
5. Changed: Tuned the animation used for item movement in Theater View.  Movement takes about the same amount of time but has a smoother initial acceleration.
6. Changed: Internal work on burning engine (should be internal change, but testing appreciated).

17.0.162 (5/29/2012)

1. Fixed: DSD bitstreaming over ASIO was not working properly for the last few builds.
2. Changed: Removed 'DSD Mode' setting from ASIO configuration (now 'Playback Designs' mode is used automatically if a device named 'AKDesign USB ASIO' is used).
3. Changed: Slight revision to DSD bitstreaming with ASIO open call ordering (removed first sample rate setting call, as Playback Designs no longer requires it).

17.0.161 (5/25/2012)

1. Fixed: Was detecting playlist containers for DLNA improperly. Completely messed up some renderers (Onkyo). Introduced in 17.0.134.
2. Fixed: The subtitle mode 'Always show' was not saving properly.

17.0.160 (5/24/2012)

1. Changed: Tuned the default Theater View views to use the list styles added to v17.
2. Changed: Increased the default Theater View size to 125%.
3. Changed: The order of 'Watch' vs 'Watch All' for Theater View TV Show playback is determined based on the last used item.
4. Changed: Tuned how Kernel Streaming opens devices to work better with Rigisystems based devices on Windows XP.

17.0.159 (5/23/2012)

1. Fixed: Theater View backdrops could cause exiting Theater View to be slow in some cases.
2. Fixed: Theater View play roller selections were not saving nicely (now saved per media type / media sub type of the file).
3. Changed: Cleaned up the Theater View file roller menu for TV shows recorded outside Media Center to work more like the menu used for JTV.
4. Changed: Removed ... endings from Theater View roller text.
5. Fixed: Cinergy 2400i and Nova-DT DVB-T tuners failed to scan channels.

17.0.158 (5/21/2012)

1. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .50.5.  Several bug fixes since .50.2.
2. Changed: Increased maximum CD ripping simultaneous encode processes from 4 to 8.
3. NEW: Added subtitle mode 'Always show subtitles'.
4. Changed: Television time-shifting reader filter does audio seeking and video seeking separately instead of doing them in one shot.

17.0.157 (5/18/2012)

1. Changed: Disabled skinning of ASIO driver control panels.
2. Changed: Tuned ASIO call ordering for DSD bitstreaming to (hopefully) support more hardware.  Feedback appreciated.
3. Changed: Audio playback loads and unloads output plugins from the same thread to prevent issues with drivers that didn't like different creation and destruction threads.
4. Changed: A SACD with multiple areas will list tracks from both areas on import / play.
5. NEW: Added 'DSD Mode' to ASIO settings.  To bitstream DSD with a Playback Designs unit, select 'Playback Designs' as the mode (may be necessary with other devices as well).
6. Changed: Turning the volume up or down using the mouse wheel, remote control, etc. rounds the volume to the nearest percent so that Internal Volume decibel displays stay at 0.5dB increments.
7. Changed: FLAC tagging writes the album artist to both 'ALBUM ARTIST' and 'ALBUMARTIST' instead on only writing to one ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72211 ).
8. Changed: Removed the discontinued Comedy Central Jokes from Theater View News.
9. NEW: Added SACD support for DST compressed tracks.
10. NEW: Added SACD support for multi-channel tracks.
11. Fixed: Occasionally video could be displayed in a small window in upper left corner when starting up a television program.
12. Fixed: Video minimized to Action Window (in standard view) or hidden (in Theater view) when switching channel while watching a television show that was being recorded.

Internal testing build

17.0.155 (5/16/2012)

1. Changed: Improved estimation of audio video bit rates to prevent huge number of small chunk files in television time-shifting folder.
2. Fixed: Things that saved files to the desktop (new logging dialog, ringtone creation, etc.) could fail under UAC because they used the shared desktop folder instead of the user's desktop folder.
3. Changed: When holding the shift key while switching images (to preserve zoom and scroll), the scroll position will adjust better when the new image is a different size or aspect ratio.
4. Changed: Carnac understands 4 digit year values as season values.
5. Fixed: When searching for cover art for optical discs in [Cover Art]\Videos\[Name].jpg, invalid characters weren't being replaced with underscores, causing cover art to not be found.
6. Changed: Manually running 'Cover Art > Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory' will replace existing images if a different image is found instead of skipping files that already have an image.
7. Changed: Tuning to updated Logging dialog.
8. Fixed: The program was not catching the resume from standby notification in some cases, causing Library Server clients to not get new files right away, etc.
9. NEW: Added the ability to open the ASIO driver's control panel from Options > Audio > ASIO > Output mode settings...
10. Changed: Revised the layout of the ASIO configuration dialog.
11. Fixed: Files with Replay Gain but no Peak Level could cause automatic adjustment to Replay Gain levels to be much too loud.
12. Changed: Tuned how clips of pure silence are handled so that their Peak Level will show as 0% instead of empty.

17.0.154 (5/15/2012)

1. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: DSD bitstreaming using ASIO presents sample rates in two ways, making the feature work with more hardware (feedback appreciated).
3. NEW: If the program crashes, a debug dump is created.
4. Changed: Reworked the Logging dialog to hopefully make getting a log easier and to make it so the logs provided to JRiver are more useful (contain new debug dumps, system info, etc.).
5. Fixed: Canceling and restarting an ISO burn could fail because internal burn queue was not cleared.
6. Changed: Internal plumbing changes in the CD/DVD burning engine.

DoubtingThomas

Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.165 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 05:51:15 pm »

Shell Integration --- still not working... reinstalled 151, works as expected.

Rebooting, no change.

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 02:15:19 am »

Something changed, hope this wasn't intended,

see two attached images, the blue boxes on the first image, has gone and is now just one big square.

Thomas

audioriver

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 01:44:21 pm »

Euro 2012 is just around the corner... please fix the ROHQ deinterlacing issues.

edit: Has there been a change in the LAV/madVR deinterlacing decisions? I get smooth, hq-deinterlaced playback again on the test interlaced clip, at least in full screen mode (exclusive+non-exclusive).
Windows 10 Pro x64

meigyoku

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 08:11:46 pm »

Please make more funtion for watching HD movie with shortcut when playing HD movie, for example: user can change subtitle color, frame up or down (use 4,5,6,2,8 on numberic), resynchrous time of subtitle, enlarge and small subtile (use shortcut), subtile can display over film (not only on movie) ...

phalanthus

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 03:26:12 am »

;D

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 04:16:50 am »

see two attached images, the blue boxes on the first image, has gone and is now just one big square.

Thomas

Please forgive my sight impairedness (word?) but I can't see a difference other than date, BG, thumb position and Name vs More.
Can you point it out?
Sean

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 04:33:38 am »

Please forgive my sight impairedness (word?) but I can't see a difference other than date, BG, thumb position and Name vs More.
Can you point it out?

Please forgive my sight impairedness
Nah.....Hmm.   Ahrrr. OK you are forgiven  :D

On the first image, the covers on the movies that are not selected, have a blue square around them,
and a black square around the selected movie.

on the second image the blue square covers all the covers in one big square,
while the black square still just is on the one selected.

Thomas

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 02:37:55 am »

I noticed right away the border around my thumbs. (I guess: 4. Changed: Tuned the thumbnail drop shadow border.) Can I get rid of this? I find it really annoying. I put a lot of effort in making my thumbs and now it looks like some borders are not clean. Depending on the colors of the thumbs some don't show a border, others only on one or two sides. If others do like it maybe an option is in place?

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 07:33:19 am »

Euro 2012 is just around the corner... please fix the ROHQ deinterlacing issues.

edit: Has there been a change in the LAV/madVR deinterlacing decisions? I get smooth, hq-deinterlaced playback again on the test interlaced clip, at least in full screen mode (exclusive+non-exclusive).
Yes, in build 149 we changed it to let madVR (or EVR) do all HW de-interlacing:
2. Changed: Hardware based video deinterlacing is now disabled in LAV video when EVR or madVR renderer is being used.

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

ray77

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 03:02:27 pm »

JRiver automatically updated itself to .165 today. Now when I play a CD in my CD-ROM reader it only plays one track at a time. The Status window on top says it is "buffering" but the media player does not automatically play the next track and the CD-ROM stops spinning.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 03:05:41 pm »

We've removed bordering between thumbnails to allow for larger thumbnail images.

You could build transparency into the edges of your thumbnail background to accomplish the same effect.

If that doesn't work, we could make it a per-skin setting.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 03:37:24 pm »

JRiver automatically updated itself to .165 today. Now when I play a CD in my CD-ROM reader it only plays one track at a time. The Status window on top says it is "buffering" but the media player does not automatically play the next track and the CD-ROM stops spinning.
Sorry about that.  A bug got introduced in build 163 from some code cleanup.  This has been fixed for the next build.

audioriver

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 03:08:59 am »

Yes, in build 149 we changed it to let madVR (or EVR) do all HW de-interlacing:
2. Changed: Hardware based video deinterlacing is now disabled in LAV video when EVR or madVR renderer is being used.

Yes, the change in build 149 is causing problems with my Nvidia GT240. I meant if something changed in v.17.0.165, because deinterlacing works again properly now, in full-screen mode at least.
Windows 10 Pro x64

audioriver

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 06:02:56 am »

In Television, I now see madVR is not used in ROHQ mode. Again, this problem happens only with the Nvidia card, not the ATI.  :-[

I also get a "time-shift cancelled" message, although I've disabled recording. An option to disable timeshift at startup would still be very welcome.
Windows 10 Pro x64

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 09:42:08 am »

Shell Integration --- still not working... reinstalled 151, works as expected.

Rebooting, no change.

On startup this morning... MC updated back to 165... but 165 doesn't work right... how can I stop the automatic updates?  I had to revert back to 151 to get shell integration to work again.

In Windows Explorer, when I right click on an audio file... "Media Center" and it's submenus is not listed with 165.

JohnT

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 11:58:16 am »

On startup this morning... MC updated back to 165... but 165 doesn't work right... how can I stop the automatic updates?  I had to revert back to 151 to get shell integration to work again.

In Windows Explorer, when I right click on an audio file... "Media Center" and it's submenus is not listed with 165.
Help / Update Channels / Disable automatic update...

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 12:22:03 pm »

Help / Update Channels / Disable automatic update...

THANKS !!!!

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 02:57:29 pm »

In the Guide (in Theater View), hitting down when you have the bottom-most channel selected wraps up to the 2nd-from-top instead of the top channel. I don't remember this ever happening before.

John57

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 03:40:44 pm »

many of the DSP Studio plug-ins disappeared when upgrading from 160 to 165. I rolled back to 160 and all my standard DSP Studio plug-ins reappeared.

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 05:57:19 pm »

When in theater view and i select toggle list style, I am able to cycle thru and select a different view. I originally set it up so i have a list of names on the left side but have since changed it to the 4x grid. Problem is, after watching a video, the list style reverts back to the left side list of names and I have to toggle the list back each time back to the grid.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

TIA

AL
Pages: [1]   Go Up