INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forced Subtitle issue  (Read 1075 times)

BenKenobi

Forced Subtitle issue
« on: January 12, 2014, 09:16:17 am »

I am NOT prepared to rip all my blu rays into another 'container' such as mkv just to overcome this weakness, I do rip them and store them on disc but they are still in the original media form.

The inability of JRiver to handle Blu Ray and HD menus properly is another frustration, none of my calibration tools will work in JRiver because it can't handle the menus.

Currently I'm forced to use Total Media Theatre for all DVD, HD and BluRay playback, I can't get TMT to launch via Theatre View JRiver.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Forced Subtitle issue
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 09:51:25 am »

Blu-ray menus aren't possible at this time.

If you have posted about this in the past, please use that thread.  Forced subtitles should work.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 10:00:03 am »

What Jim means is that forced subtitles work as good as they can work without menus, since on a number of discs its basically impossible to detect the forced subtitles, so you need to manually select the appropriate subtitle stream.

MC is doing its best with the information it has, but without menus there is no 100% solution, and menus are quite a different beast entirely, which we're not in a position right now to handle.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

BenKenobi

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 10:05:57 am »

Blu Ray Menu's - no haven't posted - HD ones I did - this is a frustration I know that there isn't a solution currently.

Forced subtitles aren't working for me, I am using Red October HQ - so the MadVR filter, there are no available settings in the mad filter for subtitles, I get either all subtitles or non at all, I have verified that the subtitles are forced in some sections of 'Star Trek 6 - Undiscovered Country' by playing on the Blu Ray player and in Total Media Theatre.

How can I 'diagnose' ?

OR - How can I launch a Blu Ray / HD / DVD title in Total Media Theatre 6.5 from within theatre view ? - put simply Total Media Theatre 6.5 can detect the forced subtitles and display them, it can also do the menus. I tried to load various TMT dll's as plugins but none work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up