INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WebGizmo - Breadcrumb Trail (please)....  (Read 2327 times)

virtualadam

• Recent member
WebGizmo - Breadcrumb Trail (please)....
« on: January 25, 2014, 09:01:23 pm »

I'm finding the WebGizmo is a fantastic interface for playing music on my home automation system from my iPad. Although the only thing from being perfect is the lack of Breadcrumb trail for showing the navigation.

For example, If I drill down through something like Audio->Genre->Pop->Album XYX and play a song, and then it I want to select another song/album within a similar Genre, etc, I have to go back to the home menu, and drill all the way down again from Audio. Which becomes very, very tedious...

Please, please consider adding this in a future version....I will pay extra for this! :) I'm sure this would be really useful for most users.

Side Note: To further this issue, I have an embedded browser in my home automation interface which doesn't provide browser "back" buttons, which would have helped as a workaround.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: WebGizmo - Breadcrumb Trail (please)....
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 07:33:02 am »

Try left arrow.

Welcome to the forum.

virtualadam

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 08:06:28 am »

Try left arrow.

Welcome to the forum.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

A) Regarding the "left arrow" I'm not clear on what you mean. I can't seem to find a left arrow anywhere on the interface? Or are you referring to back button on the web browser? If it's on the browser as mentioned I'm using an embedded browser within my ipad interface which doesn't have any of the browser trim/buttons, it just shows the web page only.

B) Where should I suggest feature requests? It really looks like the top header would be navigation in this way, but just shows the home icon in a chevron with no drill-down.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 08:48:06 am »

If you're using an iPad, JRemote should work.  jremote.net

virtualadam

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 10:08:05 am »

If you're using an iPad, JRemote should work.  jremote.net

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out.

Update: looks like its a native ipad app, but need a web browser interface to make it work with my home automation system.

connersw

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 11:43:42 am »

This actually gives me an idea regarding a request that has been made many times; to make Theater View and Gizmo/WebGizmo dynamic (ie, if you press on Genre: Pop, it brings up all Albums w/ the Genre of Pop).  One of the major hurtles with this idea is that since MC is so customizable, you could potentially not have a Genre View, and one would need to be created on the fly. 

If this "Breadcrumb Trail" idea was implemented, these could possibly be used as dynamic links to other views.  The reason being, if you navigated down through the trail, then those views must exist and nothing would need to be created on the fly.  Only, the keywords/tags within the trail would be dynamic since those views are known to exist. 

virtualadam

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 12:38:10 pm »

This actually gives me an idea regarding a request that has been made many times; to make Theater View and Gizmo/WebGizmo dynamic (ie, if you press on Genre: Pop, it brings up all Albums w/ the Genre of Pop).  One of the major hurtles with this idea is that since MC is so customizable, you could potentially not have a Genre View, and one would need to be created on the fly. 

If this "Breadcrumb Trail" idea was implemented, these could possibly be used as dynamic links to other views.  The reason being, if you navigated down through the trail, then those views must exist and nothing would need to be created on the fly.  Only, the keywords/tags within the trail would be dynamic since those views are known to exist. 

Sounds good to me!

Where could we get something like this submitted for a feature request? I think a lot of people would be interested in something like you suggested....

Cheers

virtualadam

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 06:41:13 pm »

Well it's not ideal, but I found a hack for now....

I modified some of the files:

..\Gizmo\default\library.html, libraryfiles.html, play_html5.html

and added some javascript in the header:

<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.history.back();"><font size="+2">&lt;&lt;Back</font>[/url]

If this helps anyone else needing the same...

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 09:35:19 am »

You might consider using NickF's customized WebGizmo. I think it is supposed to be more user friendly for home automation systems that require a browser interface.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72567.0

virtualadam

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 01:30:32 pm »

You might consider using NickF's customized WebGizmo. I think it is supposed to be more user friendly for home automation systems that require a browser interface.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72567.0

Great - thanks for mentioning I'll check it out...

virtualadam

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 09:34:31 pm »

Great - thanks for mentioning I'll check it out...

Update: Installed in and it does exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up