INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SkyDrive + Multiple Library Sync  (Read 1288 times)

StarVector11

• Recent member
SkyDrive + Multiple Library Sync
« on: March 23, 2014, 02:18:28 pm »

Hi! I have used MC for years but am still learning about features it has to offer. I would like to ask what MC features are most applicable and practical for the situation I have, for the goals I want.

I currently have three devices: PC, Surface Pro 2 tablet/PC, and a VAIO laptop. All three are installed with Win8.1 Pro, SkyDrive, and the same MC18.0.212 application. All three have the same C:\ (O.S.) and D:\ (SkyDrive, video, files, etc.) folder paths.

The SkyDrive I have set up contains ALL audio, images, and documents. It does NOT contain video (consumes too much storage). The PC ("master" computer if you will) has SkyDrive files AND video, all of which are contained in my MC library. The tablet/PC and VAIO laptop contain just the SkyDrive files in their respective MC libraries.

My goal is to keep the MC libraries / settings/ etc. across all three devices as synchronized as possible, with the exception of video (NOT present in SkyDrive), while making use of SkyDrive to keep the files in sync.

What feature(s) is best for this situation?

Does the library server sync apply here, even though my files are synced through SkyDrive already?

Is it better to just manually copy/paste library files etc. to the other two computers?

Any recommendations?

Please feel free to ask for clarification, and I am sorry if this topic has been tackled elsewhere. This situation seems kind of unique so I wasn't sure what topics applied.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: SkyDrive + Multiple Library Sync
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 06:48:39 pm »

If the Skydrive is always D: and it behaves like an ordinary drive, then you would just import the files on each machine.  Auto import can do this for you if set correctly.

StarVector11

• Recent member
Re: SkyDrive + Multiple Library Sync
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 09:55:14 pm »

So then Auto Import can be used on each of the devices to sort of "Auto Update" their library files?

Currently, all 3 devices have Auto Import set up to import from my D:\Audio and D:\Images directories. Is this what you meant?

Provided that I set it up correctly, is this the best solution for syncing library changes, playlist updates, etc., across different devices? (that is, devices using SkyDrive all the same)

What would I set up to be Auto Imported to achieve this?

FYI, all devices have MC installed and managed on C:\.

SkyDrive, on my D:\ for all devices, currently syncs only media and documents etc.

Thank you

sorry if i appear to be lost
Pages: [1]   Go Up