INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Easy II -- The Request Window is Open, but you'd better read the first post  (Read 94059 times)

prerich

• Junior Woodchuck

SVP intergration and optimization - that would be a cool feature.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen

Ease of use:

Extend the control for kinectic short and long mouse wheel scroll-on time and fall off for play list (standard view - car radio playlist and playing now) with spinners in a section in 'general'.   To adjust for longer kinetic roll on when doing a fast-full scroll down a long 2000+ entry play list.  A short scroll has X kinetic roll on and is currently very good.  A fast full scroll could go on longer and have adjustment for its fade.  

Will make some peoples experience better inc my own.  But is this a feature request or a too Easy II suggestion, I'm not sure.   I have no idea how easy or hard this is to do.  There appears to already be some kinetic scroll fall off when one scrolls fast.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe

The ability to use copy/paste as a right click menu, and ctrl+x/c/v on playlists. (or possible even some playlist manager in the "Playlist main window (the thing explanin playlists if you click on playlists today, with a green graphic, however i am sure if the latter is a 1 hour job).

Why? Because when you have a lot of playlists (in a group) moving them with only the mouse is quite a hassle, since you have to use the incredibly slow autoscrolling when the amount of playlists are over a screen high.

rael71

• World Citizen

Quote from: rael71 on Today at 07:27:37 am
1) I'd like to select songs in file windows just holding left click and dragging as in most softwares. Now you can only select files with mouse and ctrl or shift or select all qith ctrl+a
Search for "lasso" in the options window and enable "Allow list lasso with left mouse button"

I didn't know that!

Thank you!
Bye!

Andrea

Vocalpoint

Can't remember if this was ever done - but can we have an option to NOT display the recently imported items "playlist"?

I tend to get this only in certain situations on certain installs - maybe I am missing something somewhere?

VP

Done.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount

Can't remember if this was ever done - but can we have an option to NOT display the recently imported items "playlist"?

I tend to get this only in certain situations on certain installs - maybe I am missing something somewhere?

VP
It was in the previous Too Easy list:
An Option with default to current behavior, to:

Not change Standard View display to "Recently Imported" playlist after an Import.

(That would save me from having to click BACK after every Import, in order to return to what I was doing.)

Do this or similar

but was never entirely done... a change occurred which only did half of what was originally done (which did make it easier).

Done.

ferday

• MC Beta Team

Allow the selection of which fields to allow YADB to change (like the CTRL-V tag paste menu) rather than YADB changing all the tags automatically

marko

• MC Beta Team

Done.

Add:
&datatype=[date]
&datatype=[day]

To the expression data types so that we can sort expression based date fields correctly, and if day, Monday to Sunday sort correctly too.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team

In any view location where "Unassigned" can appear, provide the checkbox option to "hide unassigned" from the view on the view creation editor.

It messes up so many views and is rarely of practical use, and yet it's currently impossible to avoid:

And, indeed, just noticed that "unassigned" is included in the count for "Studio Albums", so it's showing 22 (21 + 1 unassigned) instead of the correct 21...

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen

Easy one

Whilst watching live TV when going into the guide change the default to current channel being watched in guide... At the moment defaults to channel 1 !

Ability to add TV channel logos in guide

stricko

• Galactic Citizen

Create a new Album Date field to better support date handling of compilation albums. Could be based on existing functionality which populates the Album Artist (Auto) field. Be nice if it could be parameterized to used earliest or latest date, etc.

Al ex

In Playing now - right mouse click and say

"Stop playing after finishing this song" or

"Stop playing after xx minutes" or

"Stop playing after next 5 songs".

flac.rules

"Stop playing after finishing this song" or

"Stop playing after xx minutes" or

"Stop playing after next 5 songs".

I have actually requested the first thing, and it exists (although not in playing now window), if you right click the stop-button, you get the "stop after current"-function.

flac.rules

The ability to manually change the search string for the cover art function. (at least for single album searches), if i have some extra information in the title, for instance "Waterloo [Japanese Edition], it can throw of the search.

Al ex

I have actually requested the first thing, and it exists (although not in playing now window), if you right click the stop-button, you get the "stop after current"-function.

Great thanks, didnīt realize that before. Behind the stop button: makes sense, much more intuitive.

Now - maybe a function to say "after 10min (or select from a list 15-30-45-60)" or after X songs (select 1 / 3 / 5 songs...) would be nice as well.

"Stop playing after finishing this song"
I really like this suggestion.
I'm not sure how you would indicate this to the user (Change the icon to a red stop sign, the opposite of the green "now playing" icon? Perhaps highlight the track red or a color defined by the skin?) but being able to select a track and say "stop after this track" without having to clear the rest of a playlist would be great.

The "stop after current file" option doesn't seem to work if you use it within the last ~30 seconds of a song, which probably happens 50% of the time that I use the feature.
I'd really like to see a fix for that. It's one of those small things which is very frustrating.

[...]or "Stop playing after xx minutes" or "Stop playing after next 5 songs".
I would like to see something similar to this.
What I'd really like is a "sleep timer" functionality where you can say "stop playback after XX minutes" - but interacting with the player will reset the timer.
E.g. "stop playing after 30 minutes" but display a warning for the last 60 seconds, and if you hit a button during that time, it will extend it for another 30 minutes.
But I think these suggestions are beyond the scope of "too easy" if they are to be implemented well.

The ability to manually change the search string for the cover art function. (at least for single album searches), if i have some extra information in the title, for instance "Waterloo [Japanese Edition], it can throw of the search.
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you mean, but I have run into similar problems.
If I have multiple copies of an album by the same artist, but those versions have different covers, Media Center gets confused.
The files themselves are tagged correctly, but its cache only uses the most recently added cover.
So if I'm browsing Theater view, the wrong cover is displayed for example.

I'd really like Media Center to be using [Artist] - [Album] [Description] for cover art, instead of [Artist] - [Album]

Don W

• World Citizen

If a theater view skin has the StarFilled and StarUnfilled nodes defined, but does not specify bitmaps for them, then don't put the rating field in playing now.

An option to prevent playback from stopping when Media Server is running and the main MC window is closed.
If I'm running Media Server, it's to prevent someone from accidentally killing all media playback house-wide.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

An option to prevent playback from stopping when Media Server is running and the main MC window is closed.
If I'm running Media Server, it's to prevent someone from accidentally killing all media playback house-wide.
Please start a thread or bump one if you've reported this.  Closing MC doesn't close Media Server.  No playback involving Media Server would stop.  Media Server is Media Center in a reduced footprint configuration.

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi

This should be super easy and I know it would make me really happy.

When right clicking the search box make copy and paste top level choices.  Right now you have to choose Edit and then copy or paste.

Neis

• Recent member

The ability to bypass jriver/madvr subtitle renderer and use external renderer like xysubfilter. Mainly for anime subtitles in ass/ssa format.

Old thread from last year on this:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91084.0

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen

In an Explorer tab, in addition to the existing check-box "Show only Files in Library", could we have the opposite too: "Show only Files not in Library"?

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck

Make device sync expression editable by user.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

The ability to use copy/paste as a right click menu, and ctrl+x/c/v on playlists.

Ctrl+C/V is working fine for me on playlists.  It's strange that it wouldn't work for you.

Maybe start a thread if you'd like to investigate.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

durere

One thing that has been bugging me from day one of using Media Center (~3 years ago) is that the Right Click --> Library Tools --> Analyze Audio window spawns with the Cancel button in focus. I think I directly pressed Enter hoping that it would mean "Analyze" 1000 times by now.

Would it be possible to make the window's default focus be on the Analyze button? That would move it in line with other windows, like the Clean File Properties one.

Done.

Better still, would it be possible to have an option along the lines of "Automatically Analyze Audio upon Import"?

ferday

• MC Beta Team

Better still, would it be possible to have an option along the lines of "Automatically Analyze Audio upon Import"?

in the import menu (tools>import>configure auto import) check the "analyze audio for audio files" box

durere

in the import menu (tools>import>configure auto import) check the "analyze audio for audio files" box

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I don't use the Auto Import feature. In my original post, it should have said something like "Analyze Audio After Adding to Library". Sorry for the confusion.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I don't use the Auto Import feature. In my original post, it should have said something like "Analyze Audio After Adding to Library". Sorry for the confusion.

Well you can set it up to analyze the audio on imported files and just have it watching no folders for new files.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team

are remotes in scope of this thread? if so....

let jremote/gizmo retry for a longer period (on WOL) before giving up, either user configurable or something like 15s (it seems to be ~5s atm, I nearly always connect on the 2nd try, another jrmc client on windows never retries... all on the same LAN)

durere

Well you can set it up to analyze the audio on imported files and just have it watching no folders for new files.

OK, so having auto import enabled with no folders equates to "after any import"? Being a programmer, this makes sense to me, but I had no idea this functionality was there. I'll try it out when I get home and if it works as expected, it will save me a lot of time in the future. Thanks!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

I got a new TV (Samy 64F8500) to replace a dying old Hitachi (plus it lets me test the 3D stuff easier).  Trouble is this unit has a big input lag so I need to use Tools --> Options --> Video --> Advanced --> AV sync correction.  Trouble is the AV Sync is different between 23/24, 50, and 60 but we currently only have 24 and 50/60/120.  Like with Display settings, can we expand this to three from the current two options to have:
- 23/24hz
- 50hz
- 59/60/120hz

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

astromo

• MC Beta Team

I've asked for this before but I'd say it's been lost.

This one is for Television. Provide the user a check question to confirm whether "Delete" is the desired action. At the moment, a recording can be deleted with a single click. I think that it shouldn't be that easy by default.

EDIT:
 :-[
Sincere apologies. Had my head stuck in the clouds. This one exists in MC20.

As you were ... nothing to see here ...  :D
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

I did add a few more of the o characters that you posted to our list.
I'm glad you didn't add the "etc."  :P

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

I'm glad you didn't add the "etc."  :P

Oh, darn it!  I did add the etc.  I assumed that was another o character.  Silly me!

Amadan

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mine. Mine. Mine.
Feature Request (again): open linkable columns in new tab
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2015, 10:16:51 am »

Done.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96579.msg666127#msg666127

In respect of the "Get it back on track" post (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96550.0) I'd like to ask again for a feature that I already suggested in the following posts. It also has been confirmed as being asked from other users, too:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84735.msg578845
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84856.msg579779

Let me check the criteria as defined in the "Get it back on track please" post:

• Is it a simple and concrete suggestion? Check!
  • Is the the problem explained clearly? Check!
  • Is the suggestion explained clearly? Check!
  • Anything to be re-done from the ground? Nope!
  • Is it an incremental improvement that can be done within the framework of the current system? Check!
  • Is this a realistic expectation? IMHO: Yes!

So maybe there is a chance now to see this in MC 21?

thanks and kind regards,
Stefan

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Amadan, coming next build of MC21:
NEW: Middle-click on a link column will open the link in a new tab.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

Amadan, coming next build of MC21:
NEW: Middle-click on a link column will open the link in a new tab.

Nice work!

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount

I've asked for this before but I'd say it's been lost.

This one is for Television. Provide the user a check question to confirm whether "Delete" is the desired action. At the moment, a recording can be deleted with a single click. I think that it shouldn't be that easy by default.
IMHO that is a bug.   Post it in the TV Forum and Yaobing will surely fix it.

Computers should never (by default) delete anything with one click (when that click can be accidental).

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen

When installing an upgrade, warn the user if MC is serving media to any client / device (incl Gizmo, JRemote, DLNA etc).

I semi-regularly cause an outage to someone in the house when installing an upgrade as I either forget to check the playing now overview or media is being served to gizmo (which doesn't show in the overview)

cheers,

Steve 

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team

I have trouble using spacebar as a start/stop because I switch zones a lot, and play music using "Send To:" functions.

Fix/Request: Last played zone automatically comes into in focus for spacebar start/stop (except when you need the spacebar for tagging/edits)

Thanks!

mark_h

• MC Beta Team

On Get From Internet...

When it's used full screen, have the album artwork take up the majority of the screen, rather than the Album name as at present (which leaves a ton of unsused screen space).

Would make the tool much more useful for comparing artwork and making better choices.

Goatshade

Hmm...can't remember if I already got an answer for these ones, but here goes:

1. Allow for the creation of particles based on a user-defined range of chapters, in addition to the option already available to define them based on timestamps. Would make TV series BD and DVD rips much less of a hassle, and would also aid very much in separating concert footage by track.
2. Allow for the duplication and editing of particles, so that recreation of a whole particle is not necessary to make small changes.

A new one:

3. This might take a bit longer than an hour--forgive my ignorance--but I would expand on CountryBumkin's notion and suggest that we should have a new (default?) skin for MC (in its various views) in light of Windows 10, that makes the programme consistent with the whole Metro feel. There already exists a user-created skin called MetroX that can be found somewhere on DeviantArt, but I think it's about time we had something that was officially supported by JRiver. Noire and Noire Glass have worked very well over Windows 7's lifetime, but MC21 is, indeed, a new programme, and it should look new.

jdizzy623

• World Citizen

In Theater view like to see JR remember where in list you last were when re-entering list.
It seems that when exiting Movies back to main menu, if you re-enter Movies, you are taken to first item on list rather than item you exited on.

• Recent member

In the Settings - Audio - Volume, would it be possible to add a toggle next to "Maximum Volume" for "Map to full volume range"
The Maximum Volume setting is wonderful for people with power amps (thank you!!!), but now my volume slider is stuck in the 0-20% range which is fiddly as well as being weird from a usability POV. It would be great if the actual volume would be limited but the volume slider would still operate from 0 - 100%.

I spent some time trying to get a second date field to tag my audio files with (for Date Composed vs. Date Recorded for classical; or Date Originally Released vs. Date This Version Was Released for pop), however I couldn't figure it out. It would be nice if a second date field was built in or at least easier to add.

Thank you.
Was  Fanless PC :: PS Audio NWD :: Emotiva XPA-1L Monoblocks :: B&W CM9
Now  HiFiBerry / DAC+ Pro with IdPi  ::  Niles Audio SI-250 :: B&W CM9
No difference as far as I can tell.

raldo

Establish new database fields city, country, state.

Map those fields one to one with JPG EXIF City, Country, State fields.

Detect external changes to these fields and update the MC fields when they're changed externally (like Picasa's face tags)

raldo

JPG EXIF time writeback.

Batch time offset.

Detect external changes to these fields and update the MC fields when they're changed externally (like Picasa's face tags)

sjhilton

• Junior Woodchuck

In the options for Theater View allow 'jump on play (audio)' to be a per zone setting. This is primarily for launching applications outside MC and using the JRiver WDM driver to capture the audio. I find that when I program theaterview to launch say spotify or something full screen in an external web browser (eg netflix) and 'jump on play (audio)' is set to 'playing now' the screen jumps back to MC when I still want to see the external application. I still want 'jump on play (audio)' to jump to playing now for normal audio (ie music), but if I'm playing something in my WDM zone I don't. Hopefully this makes sense and is 'Too Easy'!

ferday

• MC Beta Team

I spent some time trying to get a second date field to tag my audio files with (for Date Composed vs. Date Recorded for classical; or Date Originally Released vs. Date This Version Was Released for pop), however I couldn't figure it out. It would be nice if a second date field was built in or at least easier to add.

Thank you.

There is a second date field, currently it's called date (release)

Adding new fields is very easy to do

flac.rules

The icons on the left side (audio, video, and the sub-choices) are to big when you use the resizing function of the program, especially from 150% and up, the icons overlap. Would be nice if this could be fixed.

Done.

locust

Stacking video segments where clicking play would play them as a playlist in sequential order according to the number at the end of the name field.

We can stack videos now but you have to click to open the stack to play all the files within double clicking only plays the topmost stack, ignoring the rest of the videos within. Having this would allow me and possibly others to declutter video scheme views.

For some videos I have mkv merged them but others are in different formats that aren't compatible with mkvmerge this would save a heap of time transcoding whilst still retaining the original files.

Thanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up