INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Radio Paradise  (Read 48900 times)

UncleMilt

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: NEW: Radio Paradise
« Reply #200 on: January 30, 2019, 02:05:42 pm »

It really could be on their end.
If you have gapless turned off, what is the track transition set to?

I agree, it could be RP issue.

Track Change currently:
"Switch tracks: Cross-fade (smooth) - 0.6 s"
With nothing else checked...

RP working "flawlessly" again today with perfect transitions (zero gap or silence)
...as if tracks were part of "main" library?!

Dimon B

• Recent member
« Reply #201 on: February 16, 2019, 01:07:40 am »

Good day! Is there any news on the topic? The problem has not been solved. Playback is interrupted at the end of almost every track.  Raspberry Pi + Volumio + radio Paradise plug-in plays without interruptions on the same network. I really hope that JRiver will solve this problem soon.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #202 on: February 16, 2019, 01:45:14 am »

What version are you using?

Dimon B

• Recent member
« Reply #203 on: February 16, 2019, 01:50:07 am »

24.0.75 Windows

eternaloptimist

• Recent member
« Reply #204 on: February 22, 2019, 09:38:10 pm »

I apologize if this outlined elsewhere... have searched....
I love RP, but often listen to the RP Groovy Mix.
The Groovy Mix is easy to access via JRemote (thanks!) but I cannot for the life of me see how to access it via the Streaming  menu item in the main JRiver application - just a thumbnail that plays the main mix.
Am I missing something??
Cheers,
Dave

swiv3d

« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2019, 06:33:36 pm »

I apologize if this outlined elsewhere... have searched....
I love RP, but often listen to the RP Groovy Mix.
The Groovy Mix is easy to access via JRemote (thanks!) but I cannot for the life of me see how to access it via the Streaming  menu item in the main JRiver application - just a thumbnail that plays the main mix.
Am I missing something??
Cheers,
Dave
Tools>options>tree & view>customise toolbars - select that and you can add all of the different RP mixes to your top or if you prefer to your bottom MC toolbar.

eternaloptimist

• Recent member
« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2019, 02:07:16 am »

Tools>options>tree & view>customise toolbars - select that and you can add all of the different RP mixes to your top or if you prefer to your bottom MC toolbar.

Many thanks. Definitely useful - though not what was expecting!
Would be great if the channels in “Streaming” could be configured.

enazarko

• Recent member
« Reply #207 on: March 23, 2019, 05:00:00 pm »

I agree, it could be RP issue.

Track Change currently:
"Switch tracks: Cross-fade (smooth) - 0.6 s"
With nothing else checked...

RP working "flawlessly" again today with perfect transitions (zero gap or silence)
...as if tracks were part of "main" library?!

Just upgraded to the new v25. Wish I could remember how I set up the parameters in v24 to stop this problem...

There's a weird gap/stutter at the beginning of each new track. What's weird is that it's not a gap. A track ends, I hear the first part of a second of the new track, then there's a brief stutter and everything fine. The behavior is almost like when Jim Carey turns into the green guy in The Mask and shakes his head furiously... jumbledy shudder and then fine.

I've been tracking it a bit. If the new song is really short (like Grateful Dead Ripple), it may not stutter, but... it may.

I know my network is fast and up to the load... I've been using Roon to stream Tidal and Qobuz without any issues. It could be the protocol that RP uses... but there must be a workaround because I somehow fixed the problem on v24 of JRiver.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #208 on: March 23, 2019, 05:25:14 pm »

Memory playback?

enazarko

• Recent member
« Reply #209 on: March 23, 2019, 08:03:00 pm »

Just upgraded to the new v25. Wish I could remember how I set up the parameters in v24 to stop this problem...

There's a weird gap/stutter at the beginning of each new track. What's weird is that it's not a gap. A track ends, I hear the first part of a second of the new track, then there's a brief stutter and everything fine. The behavior is almost like when Jim Carey turns into the green guy in The Mask and shakes his head furiously... jumbledy shudder and then fine.

I've been tracking it a bit. If the new song is really short (like Grateful Dead Ripple), it may not stutter, but... it may.

I know my network is fast and up to the load... I've been using Roon to stream Tidal and Qobuz without any issues. It could be the protocol that RP uses... but there must be a workaround because I somehow fixed the problem on v24 of JRiver.

There should be something abstracted from all the "do this try that" that's stickied somewhere about streaming. Something that says, do this first, then this next, etc.

I printed out the entire thread of problems in this thread and thought I'd work through the options. Wife is away for the weekend so there wouldn't be mocking about how complex this has all become.

From looking at the whole list of things people tried, a number of different things worked for a number of different people. (I did a lot of optimization of AI apps and supercomputer performance, so I have a feel for what can go wrong.) I tried to abstract from all that.

Seemed like buffering mattered a lot. I watched the cuts arrive on my computer and the new one arrived JUST before the old one. Given what I know about RP's protocol I thought that some settings about gapless would matter... their protocol seems to make it all seem to JRiver like random music cuts, played in a stream.

First I changed buffering. Went to 1000ms (someone else went to 2000ms, which would have been my next tweak.) Got better... the weird Jim Carrey BLBMBBPTBLEPT! stuff was not every cut.

Given that their stream is like a bunch of single cuts, I thought that tweaking something on gaplessness might help. The default was "switch tracks" and some value. (or, that's what was copied from my last version... don't know if installing a new one copies from the last.) I set it for gapless for manual track changes, and for albums. (I think the RP protocol is read by JRiver as manual track changes.)

Two hours in now, and haven't had a glitch yet. The only bothersome thing... in two hours, I haven't had a single Radio Paradise station break where they say who they are. Maybe they don't do them Saturday night? Don't know. I'll be unhappy if these settings stop the mellow voices of Bill and Rebecca from coming through. Nice people, and I like having them drop in from time to time. CORRECTION - after two hours, Bill just showed up. Scratch that.

Memory playback is set to default, or if the upgrade copies from the old install, for memory playback. I've watched the status screen. The next cut shows up on the list about 10-15 seconds before the last one ends. That did NOT happen before. The behavior before was the new cut showed up just about when the last one was ending.

Context info: My server was purpose over built to serve music and video to my home (six endpoints) and studio. 64bit Windows. i5 3450 Intel chip. 16gm ram. Two SSDs, one for the OS and apps, one exclusively for caches and scratch disks and indexes. Triple mirror, internal, of the content disk. Nightly backup to a mirrored Ethernet connection to network storage. Connected to Orbi satellite, so its data streams from the internet, to the NAS, and to other playback in the house, use the Orbi back channel to the cable modem. Fiber optic USB to the DAC.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2019, 09:21:45 am »

So you are set to gapless track transitions and 1000ms buffering and that cures it for you?
Just FYI the breaks aren't on track boundaries because RP does crossfade.

There should be something abstracted from all the "do this try that" that's stickied somewhere about streaming. Something that says, do this first, then this next, etc.

I printed out the entire thread of problems in this thread and thought I'd work through the options. Wife is away for the weekend so there wouldn't be mocking about how complex this has all become.

From looking at the whole list of things people tried, a number of different things worked for a number of different people. (I did a lot of optimization of AI apps and supercomputer performance, so I have a feel for what can go wrong.) I tried to abstract from all that.

Seemed like buffering mattered a lot. I watched the cuts arrive on my computer and the new one arrived JUST before the old one. Given what I know about RP's protocol I thought that some settings about gapless would matter... their protocol seems to make it all seem to JRiver like random music cuts, played in a stream.

First I changed buffering. Went to 1000ms (someone else went to 2000ms, which would have been my next tweak.) Got better... the weird Jim Carrey BLBMBBPTBLEPT! stuff was not every cut.

Given that their stream is like a bunch of single cuts, I thought that tweaking something on gaplessness might help. The default was "switch tracks" and some value. (or, that's what was copied from my last version... don't know if installing a new one copies from the last.) I set it for gapless for manual track changes, and for albums. (I think the RP protocol is read by JRiver as manual track changes.)

Two hours in now, and haven't had a glitch yet. The only bothersome thing... in two hours, I haven't had a single Radio Paradise station break where they say who they are. Maybe they don't do them Saturday night? Don't know. I'll be unhappy if these settings stop the mellow voices of Bill and Rebecca from coming through. Nice people, and I like having them drop in from time to time. CORRECTION - after two hours, Bill just showed up. Scratch that.

Memory playback is set to default, or if the upgrade copies from the old install, for memory playback. I've watched the status screen. The next cut shows up on the list about 10-15 seconds before the last one ends. That did NOT happen before. The behavior before was the new cut showed up just about when the last one was ending.

Context info: My server was purpose over built to serve music and video to my home (six endpoints) and studio. 64bit Windows. i5 3450 Intel chip. 16gm ram. Two SSDs, one for the OS and apps, one exclusively for caches and scratch disks and indexes. Triple mirror, internal, of the content disk. Nightly backup to a mirrored Ethernet connection to network storage. Connected to Orbi satellite, so its data streams from the internet, to the NAS, and to other playback in the house, use the Orbi back channel to the cable modem. Fiber optic USB to the DAC.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2019, 04:14:58 pm »

If you just installed MC25, it should have found the MC24 installation and all its settings. If it did not, then find a MC24 Library Backup and Restore it into MC25, with settings.

With either of the above, you would then have the same settings in MC25 as you had in MC24, and there would be no need to work out the correct settings again.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

UncleMilt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #212 on: April 14, 2019, 06:35:46 am »

I recently upgraded to MC25 and this problem "is back" for me as well.
FYI - RP FLAC web player has none of the MC25 track transition issues

I have done a "side-by-side" playback comparison of RP web player using FLAC and MC25 streaming FLAC and noticed the following:

Track currently playing on RP player downloads file "in bite sized chunks" during play-  vs. MC25 playback downloads "entire" file prior to playback.

The MC25 playback gap/stutter occurs at ~10 sec. remaining of "current" track playing and persists until next track is "downloaded" - then play back of "current" track resumes to complete remaining 10 sec.

Manual track advance in RP web player - transitions smoothly with steady streaming of new track.  Manual track advance in MC25 forces playback "pause/gap" as new track is "downloaded in full" vs. steady streaming of new track.

Hope this helps find root cause?

jac61gta

• Recent member
« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2019, 07:34:40 pm »

Hi... issue still on going for me, but with v25.0.31 seems a bit better i.e. gap duration is much less. On v25.0.27 there were occasions where all of a sudden white noise, not good with the volume up lol. Also lots of issues with the stream just stopping at the end of a song. But as said .31 does seem better.

Question: I note RP has a fairly new experimental FLAC stream at URL http://audio-3.Radioparadise.com:8000/flac. Its beta but when I try to use it via 'Open URL' in JRiver why am I getting a 'Nothing to Play' msg? This URL works no issue in Firefox, Chrome, other players etc. I'd like to try it and see if it solves my issue with gaping at the end of every song.

UncleMilt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2019, 10:54:17 am »

All my RP playback transition issues have disappeared as of MC 25.0.27?  :)
Smooth as silk transitions with no playback "pause" and manual track advance transitions without issue. Approx. 1 week without any RP playback issues.

I have done nothing differently and wonder if this intermittent issue may be RP server/capacity issue?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #215 on: April 30, 2019, 08:42:11 am »

Hi... issue still on going for me, but with v25.0.31 seems a bit better i.e. gap duration is much less. On v25.0.27 there were occasions where all of a sudden white noise, not good with the volume up lol. Also lots of issues with the stream just stopping at the end of a song. But as said .31 does seem better.

Question: I note RP has a fairly new experimental FLAC stream at URL http://audio-3.Radioparadise.com:8000/flac. Its beta but when I try to use it via 'Open URL' in JRiver why am I getting a 'Nothing to Play' msg? This URL works no issue in Firefox, Chrome, other players etc. I'd like to try it and see if it solves my issue with gaping at the end of every song.
The track transition within a block is all now done with a disk buffer, you should have no gaps if your track transitions are set to gapless (as long as you haven't disabled audio buffering in Media Network settings).

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #216 on: April 30, 2019, 09:07:08 am »

All my RP playback transition issues have disappeared as of MC 25.0.27?  :)
Smooth as silk transitions with no playback "pause" and manual track advance transitions without issue. Approx. 1 week without any RP playback issues.

I have done nothing differently and wonder if this intermittent issue may be RP server/capacity issue?
We are now buffering the whole block to disk so you shouldn't see gaps in any scenario (other than not having enough bandwidth to play the flac continuously).

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #217 on: April 30, 2019, 11:42:09 am »

I am having 'drop-outs' in Radio Paradise playback in recent weeks.

When I play their stream from the Web Player on their site, I experience NO drop-outs or other interruptions.
Same stream, same audio quality, same computer, same WiFi connection.

Help, please.
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #218 on: April 30, 2019, 12:08:26 pm »

I am having 'drop-outs' in Radio Paradise playback in recent weeks.

When I play their stream from the Web Player on their site, I experience NO drop-outs or other interruptions.
Same stream, same audio quality, same computer, same WiFi connection.

Help, please.
Build of MC?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: April 30, 2019, 12:09:06 pm »

On another note, the next build of MC25 will work with that test stream and Open URL.

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #220 on: April 30, 2019, 12:10:16 pm »

Build of MC?

this latest version available   24.0.78
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #221 on: April 30, 2019, 12:38:26 pm »

this latest version available   24.0.78
The RP changes are in MC25.

jac61gta

• Recent member
« Reply #222 on: May 02, 2019, 09:24:05 pm »

Hi Bob... after posting my RP gap issue a while back I sat patiently in the wings checking in now and then hoping/knowing the JRiver team was working in the background on this issue, and here we are... flac streaming of RP working seamlessly for me for the first time. I've been listening for a few hours and transitions are as they should be. A big thanks to the team for not forgetting about this issue, especially during a busy v25 roll out. On my other system I use DLNA. It still gaps, likely due to no option for gapless? Best to wait for JRiver support of RP beta flac stream to solve gapless over DLNA?

Thanks folks
Jeff

jac61gta

• Recent member
« Reply #223 on: May 02, 2019, 09:31:59 pm »

... correction, meant to say 'Best to wait for JRiver support of RP beta flac stream to solve gap issue over DLNA'

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2019, 11:27:08 am »

The experimental stream plays fine in MC25 now.
It's important to note that RP isn't currently providing ICY-MetaData in the stream so you won't see details of the track, cover art, etc.

jac61gta

• Recent member
« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2019, 01:55:56 pm »

Hi, I'm now able to play the flac URL if sending to 'player' but not as a DLNA server to either my Lumin D1 or Marantz SR7005 renderers. I note where 25.34 update says 'NEW: Flac in Ogg streams will play from File->Open URL (and also when playing as a DLNA renderer).' So perhaps not meant to work as a DLNA server?

When using the streaming option I can send RP FLAC to 'player' now without the gap issue. Gaps still happen using DLNA. So no joy for me using either method via DLNA in two different systems.

Thx

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2019, 08:23:03 am »

Hi, I'm now able to play the flac URL if sending to 'player' but not as a DLNA server to either my Lumin D1 or Marantz SR7005 renderers. I note where 25.34 update says 'NEW: Flac in Ogg streams will play from File->Open URL (and also when playing as a DLNA renderer).' So perhaps not meant to work as a DLNA server?

When using the streaming option I can send RP FLAC to 'player' now without the gap issue. Gaps still happen using DLNA. So no joy for me using either method via DLNA in two different systems.

Thx
Your DLNA playback device must be able to handle the experimental flac in ogg stream. I would not expect most devices to do this.
I have tested this here and MC as a DLNA renderer works fine, as does volumio.

Using the RP playback within MC which includes the cover art and metadata.  If your renderer doesn't support gapless playback, it will not playback gaplessly.

gearhead

« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2019, 02:19:39 pm »

Hi
 loving paradise radio, its the dogs. Any chance you can get this to work in theatre view with a remote
 there's got to be so many of us out here using a media centre type set up
regards

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #228 on: May 09, 2019, 02:28:16 pm »

Hi
 loving paradise radio, its the dogs. Any chance you can get this to work in theatre view with a remote
 there's got to be so many of us out here using a media centre type set up
regards
Good suggestion, we are looking into it.

jac61gta

• Recent member
« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2019, 09:59:16 pm »

Thanks Bob... I've started to suspect my renderer of late for other reasons so this makes sense. I appreciate all the good work put into this.
Jeff

jac61gta

• Recent member
« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2019, 07:37:16 pm »

Ok... well now nothing works for me lol. I can't stream RP FLAC to my Lumin D1 using URL or Stream mode since about 25.0.36. No sound, counts to 5 then ends. If under DLNA settings 'Mode' 'Original' is set it will play and no gaps, but repeats the songs after the chunk of RP (~25 min) finishes, plus song list does not count up, only the first song is ever shown.... but no gaps lol.  Anyway, reverting back to 24.0.75 works fine, plays, shows artwork etc but gaps.

Frustration level is climbing... would like to just listen to music and not fight with this all the time. Perhaps just go back to AAC-320 and be done with RP Flac but I'm stubborn. Maybe time to move on from the Lumin? who knows where the issue lies but somethings gotta give. In no way saying its a JRiver issue, Lumin says not them, and JRiver folks have been very responsive... I'm at a loss.

Count me frustrated.

jac61gta

• Recent member
« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2019, 07:45:23 pm »

... I should mention that if under DLNA server configuration 'Format' I change to MP3 from PCM 24-bit it will play. Lumin is capable of playing 24-bit FLAC and playing local files in this format works no issue.

jac61gta

• Recent member
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2019, 09:09:45 pm »

Just tried from a different computer, this time an older laptop running WIN10, JRiver 25.0.38 DLNA to Lumin D1 wireless... streaming RP FLAC works, and works well. No gaps. On my Asus VIVO, wired no joy. Exact same JRiver settings. OS on the VIVO is Server2012 and fully understand this is not supported. I respect this. But why does 24.0.75 work on the VIVO, albeit with gaps? 25.0.38 works on WIN 10, but not on Server2012 (it did in earlier version of 25) unless FLAC stream is changed to MP3 under DLNA server settings. Weird.

Understand if JRiver folks don't respond due to unsupported OS, but is anyone experiencing these issues or issues with Lumin D1?

Thanks

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #233 on: May 16, 2019, 08:41:19 am »

I can't explain what's the issue between your different OS's but I'll explain how RP works in MC now and perhaps that will help.

The stream is a block of songs, as you say around 20 minutes and it contains playback ranges for each track in that block.
You can't really send that unconverted to the renderer device because that file that will be not split into playback ranges which it needs to do to get track playback. That's why you get the repeat after 4 or 5 "tracks".

So what you want to do in MC is to choose DLNA server Audio option "Specified format when necessary", then under the DLNA server's Audio->Advanced, select only the formats your device cannot handle. Even if you select none of the formats, things with Playback Ranges will still be converted. This includes cue/bin files and RP streams. You will want to choose a format that your DLNA rendering device can handle. It's not possible to convert flac ranges to unranged flac but you can simply have it decoded losslessly to headerless L16 PCM which is REQUIRED by the spec to be supported by all DLNA rendering devices. If your device is non-compliant you can try the wave format (PCM 16 bit) otherwise the only format you can use is MP3.

If your device supports gapless playback, with 25.0.38 and the above settings you will see MC feed 2 tracks at a time (the second after about 10 seconds) to the DLNA renderer.

jac61gta

• Recent member
« Reply #234 on: May 16, 2019, 10:14:39 pm »

Hi Bob... thanks, always helpful to better understand how things work. Played around a bit more with no luck. What did work however was a clean uninstall / reinstall of JRiver 25.0.37. Mode: Specified Output Format Only When Necessary; Format: PCM 24-bit and RP streaming again but with gaps. Updated to 25.0.38, made sure Disable Setnext Support was NOT ticked, and now, finally, I have RP FLAC streaming with no gaps and with MC feeding 2 tracks at a time, the second one after ~10 seconds as you say. A big thanks for sticking with me on this, its appreciated. I'm not getting artwork using  Panel or with Gizmo but I'll look elsewhere for that  :)

Thanks
Jeff

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #235 on: May 17, 2019, 09:35:43 am »

Hi Bob... thanks, always helpful to better understand how things work. Played around a bit more with no luck. What did work however was a clean uninstall / reinstall of JRiver 25.0.37. Mode: Specified Output Format Only When Necessary; Format: PCM 24-bit and RP streaming again but with gaps. Updated to 25.0.38, made sure Disable Setnext Support was NOT ticked, and now, finally, I have RP FLAC streaming with no gaps and with MC feeding 2 tracks at a time, the second one after ~10 seconds as you say. A big thanks for sticking with me on this, its appreciated. I'm not getting artwork using  Panel or with Gizmo but I'll look elsewhere for that  :)

Thanks
Jeff
Thanks for the report back.
RP is 16 bit so you aren't getting anything by converting to 24 (unless you have other material that needs 24 bits).

The SetNext support can get automatically disabled in some situations if the device responds with an error so if gapless stops working it pays to re-check that setting.

nickt1

• Recent member
« Reply #236 on: September 09, 2019, 04:58:32 am »

Hi there, running JR 25 and noticed that Radio Paradise now integrates the web player to the JR streaming screen which is excellent. However I can't seem to get it to play-it played before when the songs loaded in list form previously.
If you know of any fixes in settings that may be available that can get it working for me it would be much appreciated.
Regards
Nick Taylor

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #237 on: September 09, 2019, 09:11:34 am »

Hi there, running JR 25 and noticed that Radio Paradise now integrates the web player to the JR streaming screen which is excellent. However I can't seem to get it to play-it played before when the songs loaded in list form previously.
If you know of any fixes in settings that may be available that can get it working for me it would be much appreciated.
Regards
Nick Taylor
What are you seeing when it doesn't work? We can't seem to duplicate that here.

Cary

• Recent member
« Reply #238 on: September 11, 2019, 06:25:14 pm »

Running into the same issue.  RP just stopped working a couple of days ago.  When I click on any of the four stream options, I get this message:

Can’t reach this page

•Make sure the web address http://localhost:52199 is correct
•Search for this site on Bing
•Refresh the page

Any help is appreciated, as I love that I can see the tracks that have played and skip ones I don't care for. 

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #239 on: September 12, 2019, 07:50:00 am »

Whenever I click on a Radio Paradise stream in JRiver I have to provide my JRiver login credentials otherwise it does not work.
Please see attached image.
If I disable Media Network in option then JRiver reports cannot find that page, this would imply you need to have Media Network enabled to listen to RP.

BradATIMA

« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2019, 08:02:10 am »

Running into the same issue.  RP just stopped working a couple of days ago.  When I click on any of the four stream options, I get this message:

Can’t reach this page

•Make sure the web address http://localhost:52199 is correct
•Search for this site on Bing
•Refresh the page

Any help is appreciated, as I love that I can see the tracks that have played and skip ones I don't care for.

Make sure Media Network is not disabled.

BradATIMA

« Reply #241 on: September 12, 2019, 08:03:49 am »

Whenever I click on a Radio Paradise stream in JRiver I have to provide my JRiver login credentials otherwise it does not work.
Please see attached image.
If I disable Media Network in option then JRiver reports cannot find that page, this would imply you need to have Media Network enabled to listen to RP.

Are you running the Linux version of Media Center?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #242 on: September 12, 2019, 09:07:43 am »

If you disable read-only authentication you'll get this error. At least temporarily you should re-enable it.
Alternately you can add the radio paradise play buttons to your toolbar (right-click in the tool bar and do customize) to create an easier way to start RP.

Cary

• Recent member
« Reply #243 on: September 12, 2019, 11:01:11 am »

Make sure Media Network is not disabled.

That fixed it.  Not sure how the media network got disabled.  Thank you. 

UncleMilt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #244 on: September 12, 2019, 03:06:29 pm »

Regards
Nick Taylor

I too recently developed this problem...
"Customize Toolbar" fix identified below adding RP to toolbar worked well - allowing Playback.
The RP streaming Icon displays - and initiates, but no action results for me

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #245 on: October 10, 2019, 08:08:39 pm »

I've added Radio Paradise to Theater View, but it only lists 2 channels:  Main and Mellow.  Is it possible to add Rocking and Eclectic?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #246 on: October 11, 2019, 01:08:48 pm »

I've added Radio Paradise to Theater View, but it only lists 2 channels:  Main and Mellow.  Is it possible to add Rocking and Eclectic?
Yes, in the next build.

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #247 on: October 11, 2019, 01:28:30 pm »

will all 4 be available in the radio paradise folder in streaming in theater view. Right now it only gives you the option to play.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #248 on: October 11, 2019, 02:52:31 pm »

will all 4 be available in the radio paradise folder in streaming in theater view. Right now it only gives you the option to play.
Yes, both that and the individual add Radio Paradise will work.

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #249 on: October 11, 2019, 09:56:52 pm »

Yes, in the next build.

Awesome!  Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up