INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote2 for Android - Official Release -- Previous Thread  (Read 42718 times)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote2 for Android: Public Testing
« Reply #200 on: January 18, 2020, 03:55:59 pm »

JRemote2 works fine on my end when I play music to the phone but when I select "player" there is no playback from the server I am connected to.

Version 2.0.9 is playing fine to my MC Server's Player Zone, and to my Workstation MC Client, and indeed also to my TV acting as a DLNA Renderer. Check version.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2020, 04:35:20 pm »

Using 2.0.9 on my Samsung Tab S5e with 10 inch screen. If, for example, I choose an artist, then an album, then I rotate my tablet between portrait and landscape the view resets to the beginning and I have re-select the artist, album, etc.

MartinC

• Recent member
« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2020, 05:22:43 pm »

You need to be on version 2.0.9. The version number is shown in the top right corner of the slide-out drawer in JRemote2.

The Dark Theme shows a light grey square with dark text, still near the left edge, but not under my finger when I use the scroll, so visible.

Thanks for this Roderick.  I was on 2.0.8, but now updated to 2.0.9.  Now the initials are showing in the dark theme and the scroll 'button' is much clearer too.  The more I use and learn about JRemote2 the more I like it.

designmule

• World Citizen
« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2020, 01:22:46 pm »

Version 2.0.9 is playing fine to my MC Server's Player Zone, and to my Workstation MC Client, and indeed also to my TV acting as a DLNA Renderer. Check version.

I'm on 2.0.9 as well. It looks like it might be related to authentication. I setup a new install of JRiver with media network enabled and I could get it to play music. I then turned on authentication and I could not play music.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2020, 03:11:21 pm »

I'm on 2.0.9 as well. It looks like it might be related to authentication. I setup a new install of JRiver with media network enabled and I could get it to play music. I then turned on authentication and I could not play music.

That would be very strange if it is the cause. If you turn off Authentication, does it start working again? Playing to the Player Zone on your MC Server?

As long as you are actually connected to the MC Server, Authentication is only required for updates via syncing, I think. I guess there could be a problem if you didn't successfully connect to the MC Server. But if you are able to select tracks to play from the Server you must be connected, and so you must be getting the Username and Password for Authentication correct.

Maybe clarify your setup. You said:

The server is a NUC based Windows 10 machine which connects to a library server.

So I take it you have a MC Library Server running on a PC somewhere, and then you have a Windows based NUC running as a Client of the Library Server, but also set up as a Server (running Media Network) so that JRemote2 can connect to the Client and control playback on it. Correct?

If so, what happens if you use JRemote2 to connect to the Library Server, and then try to direct playback to the NUC Client which should be visible as a Zone using its name, rather than "Player"?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

designmule

• World Citizen
« Reply #205 on: January 19, 2020, 06:07:25 pm »

If I turn off authentication I am able to once again play music provided that I clear the user and password from the server settings in JRemote2.

I can also successfully push music to the NUC from the library server. Note that the library server has authentication turned on.

svtcontour

• Recent member
« Reply #206 on: January 19, 2020, 10:25:46 pm »

Is there any way of playing back WAV without converting to MP3?  I've already selected Use Native Audio Format which works fine for FLAC but WAV gets converted.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2020, 11:00:42 pm »

If I turn off authentication I am able to once again play music provided that I clear the user and password from the server settings in JRemote2.
<snip> Note that the library server has authentication turned on.

You didn't clarify this:
So I take it you have a MC Library Server running on a PC somewhere, and then you have a Windows based NUC running as a Client of the Library Server, but also set up as a Server (running Media Network) so that JRemote2 can connect to the Client and control playback on it. Correct?

But I'm going to assume that is correct.

If Authentication was turned on in the Client, and JRemote2 was connected to the Client, then JRemote2 would be trying to push tag changes ([Number Plays] count) back to the Client, which would then synchronise those tag changes back to the Library Server. Maybe if different Username and Passwords were used on the Client and Library Server, that is causing a problem... I tested that theory. Nope. With that exact configuration playback works and the [Number Plays] tag get updated back to the Library Server. I had JRemote2 connected to my Windows 10 based MC Client, which was in turn connected to my Windows 10 based MC Library Server, both with Authentication turned on and using different Username and Passwords, and playback to the MC Client worked fine.

Maybe try rebooting all PCs and the phone involved in your setup. Just to be sure it isn't some transient issue.

If that doesn't work, and...

I can also successfully push music to the NUC from the library server.

If you are using JRemote2 connected to the Library Server to push music to the NUC, then I guess that is the solution for now. It isn't a bad way to run your setup anyway. Maybe you or someone else who has the problem can isolate the cause. I can't duplicate the problem, so I can't diagnose the issue.

PS: You aren't using special characters in your Authentication credentials are you? I think that caused some issue for someone recently.

designmule

• World Citizen
« Reply #208 on: January 20, 2020, 01:45:43 pm »

No special characters just letters and numbers. I appreciate your effort to replicate the problem.

SirTom2015

• Recent member
« Reply #209 on: January 20, 2020, 08:49:22 pm »

I thought I would give this a shot. 4.99 for a one time deal over the 4.99 yearly subscription for MO4Media is what made me think I should try it. I do not like paying subscriber fees! Just let me own the app outright. Plus, I like what you guys are doing in development for MC (been a MC user since MC20), so why not try this?

I like it. The interface is nice (esp in dark mode) I like that I can seek within a song (something the other app sucked at). Plays back video pretty nicely too. I will see how it interfaces with Android Auto very soon! I installed the app on my LG V30 (w/ Android 9) without a problem. Search function is fast!! Locating bands or albums in my library occurs without a hitch.

I do wish it had a built in EQ or at least some DSP settings but it seems to do what it was intended to do very smoothly.

Great job developing this app. I look forward to the updated functionality to come! This app made me cancel my subscription with Mo4Media after about 5 minutes of playing with it. Super easy to use. Thanks!!

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2020, 02:22:31 am »

I will see how it interfaces with Android Auto very soon!

Unfortunately, probably not very much, outside of perhaps default Android functionality to display any app there.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #211 on: January 21, 2020, 05:20:53 pm »

I thought I would give this a shot. 4.99 for a one time deal over the 4.99 yearly subscription for MO4Media is what made me think I should try it. I do not like paying subscriber fees! Just let me own the app outright.
MO 4Media is now available as a one time purchase. No subscription needed.

mcsw

« Reply #212 on: January 22, 2020, 09:21:35 am »

I have JRemote2 installed on my phone and an Amazon Fire (converted to use Play Store). I use JRiver mostly for playing music from my Windows 10 PC, although I occasionally use it for Video. I have very few tags attached to my music files which include HD Downloads, SACD to DSF rips, CD to WAV rips (no tags) and Digital Radio rips to WAV (no tags). I structure my files in folders on the PC, and always play through JRiver selecting "AUDIO" - "FILES" or "VIDEO" - "FILES", and then browsing to the folder of the music/video I wish to play. When using JRemote2, there is no option for browsing the file structure on the PC to select a folder, and because of limited tagging I cannot find anything as JRemote2 seems to search only on tags. Is the option to browse files in my Music and Video folders likely to become available? I can currently browse and start playing on the PC and use JRemote2 to go to the play list to jump or repeat tracks but cannot use it to browse to another folder.

Also a setting to "Stop playing after current track" would be very useful.

Thanks for all the work you put into the software JRiver and JRemote2.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #213 on: January 22, 2020, 03:22:08 pm »

I have JRemote2 installed on my phone and an Amazon Fire ...

Follow the highlights in the attached image to add the Files View to JRemote2. See if that works for you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #214 on: January 22, 2020, 03:26:46 pm »

RoderickGI,
I fixed the typo and removed your comment.  Thanks.

mcsw

« Reply #215 on: January 22, 2020, 04:43:44 pm »

Follow the highlights in the attached image to add the Files View to JRemote2. See if that works for you.
Thank you RoderickGI. That works for me.  ;D

LennyM

• Recent member
« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2020, 10:14:06 pm »

Thank you for the opportunity to comment. I use this app on an Android screen with a 5 inch diagonal.

My one suggestion would be to have (or an option to have) more than one line of text under an album icon.  For those of us who have a collection of classical music files this is really needed.  One line barely allows a composer's name, and little more.

The app, EOS, used to have two lines overlapping the album icon somewhat.  It worked very well, in that respect, I think.  See attached.

MartinC

• Recent member
« Reply #217 on: January 27, 2020, 05:16:28 am »

Lenny
I asked for 2 lines of text too, also because I used EOS.  Roderick pointed out that if you use the toggle at top right of the screen you see much more of the title and even more if viewed landscape.  I now find this is enough to show, eg, the piano sonata number.  Although I include the key and opus no. I don't need these to be able to pick the work I want to play, which is what it's all about.  I wouldn't want to have the top line of the title overlapping the album image as in EOS, it looks a bit like a mistake.
There is much about EOS that I still prefer, eg the elapsed time / track length, rather than elapsed & remaining time on opposite sides of the screen, but overall I do now prefer JRemote2.  It just takes time and a bit of exploring features we're not used to.

LennyM

• Recent member
« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2020, 08:18:09 am »

Hi MartinC,

Thank you for your note and explanation.  For those who use a phone it seems to me that there ought to be two goals (perhaps among others). 

(1) Efficient use of what has been called the most valuable real estate known, and
(2) a minimum of keystrokes to get what you want. 

At present, with three albums across, JRemote2 has fewer than four full rows down.  IMO, that is not efficient use of this very limited real estate.  EOS has slightly more than four, an important improvement IMO.   With EOS's two rows of text, and even with some very complicated album names, I have never felt any lack of information.  So keystroke (and possibly multiple keystrokes or scroll) and back saved looking for an album.   As for, "it looks a bit like a mistake" I would ask: to whom?  Certainly not to me, and no one is looking over my shoulder who might suggest that.  It's a super smart use of the very limited area and minimizes the useless black space.  If made an option it can certainly do no harm.

One of the reasons I write again with this feature request is that in some important respects, and speaking here only of audio, MC gives short shrift to those of us using it for classical music while there are all sorts of features which we probably don't use at all.  A single line for a complicated album description is but an example.  I realize we are a minority, but even so perhaps another bite at the apple and Hendrik and others might take notice.

Again, thanks for your kind reply and thanks to the developers for giving us this forum.

DJLegba

« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2020, 09:06:27 am »

One of the reasons I write again with this feature request is that in some important respects, and speaking here only of audio, MC gives short shrift to those of us using it for classical music while there are all sorts of features which we probably don't use at all.  A single line for a complicated album description is but an example.  I realize we are a minority, but even so perhaps another bite at the apple and Hendrik and others might take notice.

I know what you mean. I don't use ratings or the volume control, so the top 15% of the Playing Now screen is unused. Meanwhile, the title is sandwiched between Shuffle and Repeat controls - and I don't use those either.

I think the Bubble app's Playing Now layout (below) has some good ideas.

MartinC

• Recent member
« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2020, 09:16:00 am »

Lenny
I agree that classical users are not catered for very well compared with others, but regarding the lines of text where do you draw the line?  In many cases on a phone, which I'm also using, 2 lines or even 3 wouldn't be enough to show the full title.  It's not helped by putting the composer"s name first, as I do.  OK if it's Bax, but not if it's Shostakovich - that's most of the first line gone already.  I had been thinking of omitting the composer's name from the title (I have the composer's name as part of the genre), but now I don't feel the need to omit it.  In classical music we're often chosing a work that will play for 40 minutes or more; we can spend a bit of time finding the right album.
Regards

LennyM

• Recent member
« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2020, 12:22:10 pm »

. . . In many cases on a phone, which I'm also using, 2 lines or even 3 wouldn't be enough to show the full title. . . . .  we can spend a bit of time finding the right album. . . .
MartinC,
Of course, you're correct about the lines.  However it was certainly possible for me, and given what you have written for you as well, to make two lines work.  So I have not asked for 3, or more, just for two.  Perhaps if enough of us make that request, it might be considered.  I hope you can agree.
As for "spend a bit of time finding the right album" that's exactly what I'd like to avoid when using an app, or as to spending extra time, any app at all for that matter.
All the best to you.

DrRob

• Recent member
« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2020, 04:30:19 pm »

Has anyone had this problem. I play a playlist fine and select another playlist which plays but doesn't show artwork or the title of the track. It continues to just show the previous playlist track and artwork. I'm using an Id NUC.

MartinC

• Recent member
« Reply #223 on: January 28, 2020, 04:12:43 am »

Has anyone had this problem. I play a playlist fine and select another playlist which plays but doesn't show artwork or the title of the track. It continues to just show the previous playlist track and artwork. I'm using an Id NUC.

I think I had the same after adding some albums to my IdPi.  I did a 'force stop' on JRemote2 on my phone, and it then worked as normal.

DrRob

• Recent member
« Reply #224 on: January 28, 2020, 08:07:58 pm »

Yes I did the same thing. But why do I need to do that?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2020, 02:03:54 am »

Are you remote controlling MC when this happens, or playing to your phone?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

DrRob

• Recent member
« Reply #226 on: January 30, 2020, 02:41:38 pm »

Yes.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: January 30, 2020, 02:50:07 pm »

Which is it?

DrRob

• Recent member
Re: JRemote2 for Android - Official Release
« Reply #228 on: February 04, 2020, 03:44:52 pm »

Sorry. Using Id as a renderer.

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #229 on: February 06, 2020, 11:59:35 am »

Before you start moving much around, we should probably have a general discussion of how remote interfaces should work.  I've been thinking about our other remotes, as well.  It would be nice if there was some consistency among them.

And it should probably be in a separate thread.

Home and Back are the most important navigation buttons for me.  I'd like to see them in that order in the upper left corner.

Theater View works by using the left arrow key on a remote or keyboard to back up. 

The X in JRemote2 gets used as a back button sometimes, doesn't it?

Brad and I have had a discussion about whether the "standard" Android navigation is right or even standard.  No conclusion so far.

I'll split this to a new thread.

Maybe have a look at phonograph for android. Its a local music player. But imo its as good as it gets in terms of general ux design. For android. Its open source too.

You dont need a "home button" either since you dont ever really leave "home" by more than one screen when playing back media. In phonograph. Does not necessarily apply to jremote2.

The "android navigation" (material design). I would say its standard too on other platforms. Or the standard that seems to prevail the most often when cross-platform things collapse into mobile size. Everyone knows how it works, it takes 5 minutes to implement with kotlin/java. It works great. Why would you reinvent it?
I understand wanting to theme your app more jriver like. But why in the world change basic ux designs away from whats basically system default to fit an entierly different system (ios) when both of them are native apps?

buggyglint

• Recent member
« Reply #230 on: February 07, 2020, 11:29:23 am »

Just purchased the app, will you be adding adaptive icon support? The app icon is pretty small when it's placed inside the default white background placeholder.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: February 07, 2020, 01:03:58 pm »

Just purchased the app, will you be adding adaptive icon support? The app icon is pretty small when it's placed inside the default white background placeholder.

Yes, its planned to add round icon support.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

buggyglint

• Recent member
« Reply #232 on: February 07, 2020, 01:37:35 pm »

Yes, its planned to add round icon support.

Great!  ;)

Goatshade

« Reply #233 on: February 08, 2020, 06:35:40 pm »

RE: text lines

I would be in favour of having at least two text lines per thumbnail for use in views wherein specifying artist and album is preferable, but this will likely not efficiently address  very long titles.

Instead, I would suggest implementing right-to-left text scrolling for tites in thumbnail views and in Playing Now. If the number of lines is increased, apply the effect to each line individually, as needed.

shawns1234

• Recent member
« Reply #234 on: February 08, 2020, 07:30:28 pm »

Is it not possible to use Jremote2 to play a movie from the server to another client and keep original audio and video? It transcodes every time I attempt this. Playing the file from the client directly works as expected.
I cannot imagine why this would not be a major point of emphasis, so I must be missing something. Also, the ability to pick the audio stream via JRemote would be quiet useful for movies.

Thank you

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #235 on: February 09, 2020, 04:58:58 am »

If you use JRemote2 to control another client playing from a server, then that client will control how it streams the video - ie. it has settings on conversion or original. JRemote does not decide that.
If you play the video inside JRemote2 (on the phone), then it'll always be transcoded right now, because phones support much less formats.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

shawns1234

• Recent member
« Reply #236 on: February 09, 2020, 09:01:40 am »

What you describe is what I would expect. The client is set to not convert. As I said, when browsing the library from the client, Windows 10 HTPC, and playing... It works just fine. My Dolby Atmos track or Dolby Digital track works.
When using JRemote 2, the audio seems to convert to 2 channel and the video down to 1080p from 4k. It definitely does not play native streams for me.

If you use JRemote2 to control another client playing from a server, then that client will control how it streams the video - ie. it has settings on conversion or original. JRemote does not decide that.
If you play the video inside JRemote2 (on the phone), then it'll always be transcoded right now, because phones support much less formats.

TopDownDriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #237 on: February 09, 2020, 09:11:32 am »

Perhaps I overlooked it, but just heard about JRemote2.

As a long-time user of JRemote, is there an upgrade in place or do I have to repurchase from scratch?

Thanks

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #238 on: February 09, 2020, 09:43:51 am »

JRemote2 is a separate purchase as it's a separate, rewritten app from the original JRemote.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 23.10 Mantic Minotaur 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | Topping D50s DAC

shawns1234

• Recent member
« Reply #239 on: February 09, 2020, 10:04:24 am »

Here is an update... I had to select original audio and video on the first DLNA server entry inside Options, Media Network, add or configure DLNA servers. Now, it works as expected but not as I would expect to configure it... If that makes sense.
Secondly, is there any plan to allow for the picking of different audio streams from inside JRemote 2?  I'm trying to remove the need to use my mouse. JRemote 2 is pretty snazzy, but if I have to use the mouse to select the appropriate audio stream, I might as well use the mouse to select the movie too and not use JRemote. It's just another application at that point. It works well and seems a lot better than Gizmo.

What you describe is what I would expect. The client is set to not convert. As I said, when browsing the library from the client, Windows 10 HTPC, and playing... It works just fine. My Dolby Atmos track or Dolby Digital track works.
When using JRemote 2, the audio seems to convert to 2 channel and the video down to 1080p from 4k. It definitely does not play native streams for me.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #240 on: February 09, 2020, 10:46:45 am »

Selecting streams is planned for JRemote in some capacity. But perhaps not quite in the manner how you are controlling the client right now.

I initially misunderstood what you were doing, but practically what you are doing is controlling the server - which is then in turn controlling the client. Thats probably too many steps for full control.
If you wanted to directly control the client with JRemote, you could enable Media Network on the client, and connect to the Client with JRemote, and then control the "Player" zone. That way it would act more like actual local playback.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

shawns1234

• Recent member
« Reply #241 on: February 09, 2020, 12:00:11 pm »

Selecting streams is planned for JRemote in some capacity. But perhaps not quite in the manner how you are controlling the client right now.

I initially misunderstood what you were doing, but practically what you are doing is controlling the server - which is then in turn controlling the client. Thats probably too many steps for full control.
If you wanted to directly control the client with JRemote, you could enable Media Network on the client, and connect to the Client with JRemote, and then control the "Player" zone. That way it would act more like actual local playback.

Wouldn't this be like having two libraries pointing to the same files? What I changed this morning seems to make the original streams work now. It just doesn't seem like it should care what the DLNA server settings are. To me, if it is a client, it should play as if you were clicking the mouse buttons directly and not transcode. Am I missing something, is this a bug or is this all expected?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #242 on: February 09, 2020, 12:05:56 pm »

To me, if it is a client, it should play as if you were clicking the mouse buttons directly and not transcode. Am I missing something, is this a bug or is this all expected?

But thats not what you are doing. You are basically clicking mouse buttons on the server, not on the client. If you want to directly "click buttons" on the client, then you need to connect directly to the client.

If you control a remote zone on the server like this, you are basically using DLNA for playback, and not using "local" playback.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #243 on: February 09, 2020, 12:16:43 pm »

Perhaps I overlooked it, but just heard about JRemote2.

As a long-time user of JRemote, is there an upgrade in place or do I have to repurchase from scratch?

Thanks
It's currently a reduced price.

shawns1234

• Recent member
« Reply #244 on: February 09, 2020, 06:37:56 pm »

But thats not what you are doing. You are basically clicking mouse buttons on the server, not on the client. If you want to directly "click buttons" on the client, then you need to connect directly to the client.

If you control a remote zone on the server like this, you are basically using DLNA for playback, and not using "local" playback.

This probably belongs in a different thread, but on the subject of audio streams, I have selected, in your splitter, to always prefer the "best audio"... Sorry, I forgot exactly what it says... Is there a better way to do this, or program JRiver in some way that it always selects the English, Atmos DTS:X, TrueHD, DTS MA  etc... In some order of preference?
I see, after searching, many people have asked you guys to implement this over the years. My guess is that, if it were going to happen, it would have happened by now.

TomRyan

• Recent member
« Reply #245 on: February 14, 2020, 03:32:28 pm »

I like it!  The only thing I've found that doesn't seem to be working is to save ratings (stars).  When I make a rating on Gizmo it shows up on my desktop MediaCenter, but making a rating on JRemote2 doesn't seem to do that...it just disappears.

Goatshade

« Reply #246 on: February 18, 2020, 12:14:45 pm »

I like it!  The only thing I've found that doesn't seem to be working is to save ratings (stars).  When I make a rating on Gizmo it shows up on my desktop MediaCenter, but making a rating on JRemote2 doesn't seem to do that...it just disappears.

I'll try to remember to get that in the next update.

brains4eva

• Recent member
« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2020, 08:06:45 am »

i am loving JRemote, particularly as i can now sign in using the secure SSL protected port.  Also the browsing experience is much improved.  I just wondered though, once in genre menu it seems to default to a split by artist.  Could i possibly get it to sort by say publisher instead, something a bit like you could do with column browser on the PC version? the only way i can think is to do a playlist.

Also yer i'd like to see the ability to edit tags in the library from the jremote2 app as its helpful to edit them at the time you're listening

Zachik

• Recent member
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2020, 10:39:40 am »

Sounds like JRemote 2 is pretty sophisticated with a lot of options... I wonder if it would work for my rather simple setup:
I have a WIn10 PC running MC24, connected via USB to a DAC (which in turn is connected to amp and headphones).
My PC boots straight into MC24, and all the music is stored locally on the HDD. I use this setup just for audio playback.

My questions are:
1. Can I simply use my Android tablet (Samsung S6) to control the MC on the PC? So basically, eliminate the need for keyboard & mouse operation? Just select album / song on my tablet, press play, and music just plays?
2. Is MC24 compatible, or do I need MC26 installed? I did buy the upgrade license, just never got to upgrade, yet... ;-)

Please let me know if other Android apps are better for this very simple setup and only for Audio playback...

Thanks!

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2020, 10:45:39 am »

1. Yes.

2. MC24 should work, but it is worth mentioning there was performance updates in MC26 which might make it faster when using JRemote2 (e.g. large playlists load quicker).
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 23.10 Mantic Minotaur 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | Topping D50s DAC
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up