INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.56 -- Available Here  (Read 14882 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 19.0.56 -- Available Here
« on: October 12, 2013, 09:24:53 pm »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190056.exe

Please use the Problems and Questions thread if you need help.

19.0.56 (10/10/2013)

1. Fixed: In Theater View, when a dialog was shown, moving the mouse outside the dialog could shift the focus away and lead to problems.
2. Fixed: In some cases, the Genre value would not be retrieved for an episode when doing a TheTVDB lookup.
3. Changed: MP4 files are loaded and tested for media type before they are analyzed so audio files will not need to be sent to video engine.
4. Fixed: MP4 input plugin registration did not register 3GA file type correctly.

19.0.55 (10/9/2013)

1. Fixed: Sound Check values were not being written to the iPod's database during upload.
2. Faster: Improvements to the DLNA server to make it perform better under high load.
3. Faster: Speed enhancements to core XML code (used in many places in the program).
4. Fixed: Fixed a typo on the MP3 input plugin configuration dialog.
5. Changed: When using output encoding (AC3, DSD, DoP) the output plugin will no longer be restarted between tracks when the input sample rate changes.
6. Fixed: Double-click from an image preview view could crash.
7. Changed: VOB subtitle durations are better honored.

19.0.54 (10/8/2013)

1. Fixed: AC3 playback was not working in build 53.
2. Fixed: With left-click lasso enabled, scrolling a list could start a lasso.
3. SDK: MCWS/v1/File/SetInfo supports setting multiple fields / values per call by CSV encoding a list for Field and Value parameters and also setting a parameter List=CSV.
4. Fixed: Yahoo! news in Theater View could show extra noise around the story text.

19.0.53 (10/7/2013)

1. Fixed: Handling of 32-bit integer input files was not working in the last few builds.
2. Fixed: Font kerning in edit controls could be incorrect in build 51.
3. Fixed: The skin effects dialog would allow itself to be closed while the color picker was opening, leading to a possible crash.
4. Fixed: Added support for MP4 files that used a custom genre atom in their tag, but stored a standard genre by putting a number in parenthesis.
5. Fixed: Double-click on the pause button while playing was not stopping.
6. Fixed: When playing on an LS client a television channel that happens to be recording in transport stream (.ts) format on the server, the recording could be interrupted when the client stops playing.
7. Fixed: When playing on an LS client a television recording in transport stream (.ts) format, the length of playback was limited to the length of recording at the moment the playback started, even though the recording was on going on the server.
8. Changed: When playing on an LS client a television recording in transport stream format, if the server is still recording the file, playback switches to a jtv file so the playback length can grow with the recording.

Internal testing build not released to the public.

19.0.51 (10/4/2013)

1. Changed: Updated the Indonesian translation (Thanks elda).
2. Fixed: Double-click in live television video window (using EVR) did not work.
3. Fixed: 2x DSD playback was not working on the TEAC UD-501.
4. Fixed: Fonts that used left or right overhangs could draw with the overhang portion cropped.
5. Fixed: The new Size option was not scaling fonts properly if you had never customized the font in Options > Tree & View.
6. Fixed: The white-list for allowing system volume to work while bitstreaming was not working with some Resonessence Labs hardware.
7. Fixed: Automatic library backups and check for updates would not be started when the command line was not empty (so launching at boot with /MediaServer, etc. could disable this functionality).
8. Changed: Added the ability to use the token [User] in the playerbar to display the name of the current user.
9. Fixed: Customization to the playerbar would not always take effect right away.
10. NEW: Added 'Set levels from decibel meter' button to Room Correction to make it easier to calibrate levels.

19.0.50 (10/2/2013)

1. NEW: Added View > Size option to resize Standard View (only works well with some skins; Noire recommended).
2. Changed: Memory playback automatically disengages when using Audio Calibration for Tools > Advanced Tools (since audio calibration clips will play forever until stopped).
3. Changed: Audio Calibration clips always use gapless track transitions (instead of possibly gapping or fading based on user options).
4. SDK: Skin items can specify a Scale attribute so that high resolution images can be used (ie. Scale="2.0" for a double resolution image).
5. Fixed: When watching an on-going television recording in transport stream (.ts) format, not all of the already recorded portion was shown, if the portion was longer than the pre-set time-shifting window.
6. Fixed: ATI HDTVWonder tuner would not record in transport stream format.
7. Changed: DSD encoding targets a slightly more conservative volume level (by about 1.6dB) so that it works better with Sabre-based DACs (and possibly others).
8. Fixed: Clicking 'Exit' in Theater View with the mouse would not show the dialog with the last couple builds.

19.0.49 (9/30/2013)

1. Fixed: Theater View could be slow to show in some cases with the last few builds.
2. Faster: Netflix in Theater View does all loading of episodes on demand, so displaying the queue is much faster.
3. Fixed: Some YouTube music videos would not play from Theater View.
4. Changed: Startup and between track silence is -96dBFS narrow band pink noise instead of pure silence so that it works better with hardware that ignores pure silence ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83964.0 ).
5. Changed: Video files with TrueHD audio tracks will say 'Dolby TrueHD' in the compression field instead of 'unknown codec'.
6. Changed: Tooltips are now allowed to show in the Smartlist editor (and other places) when an edit or combobox is focused.
7. Changed: Added a help button on the popup expression editor that links to the expression language wiki: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Expression_Language (thanks MrC).
8. New: Added an option for ignoring specified IP interfaces for DLNA.

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.56 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 04:52:02 am »

In podcast view ("downloaded podcast") I can see any videos of my video library. This videos are not podcasts. Media subtype tag of the videos showed in "downloaded podcast" is: "other"; are NOT "podcast".

Not all videos of my library are showed, only any videos. So in the podcast view I can see the podcast files and also some videos.

This videos are adult and the curious George can see it!!! I use the function for "access rating" and I protect it by password user and in spite of that ALL adult videos are showed in the "downloaded podcast" view!

When using the option of "user" with password, you can edit the configuration of the conditions of the current profile WITHOUT entering the password of the profile! it is illogical because if you only have 2 profiles anyone can change the conditions for show without put the password of the CURRENT profile!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 02:11:12 pm »

Update is working now.

NNTK

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 10:43:20 pm »

VOB subtitle durations is same previous. I don't notice any change. :'(

And Genre value don't get all genre from TheTVDB. It get only first. ;)

Thank You.

Alex Peychev

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 01:31:43 am »

Small bug with last few builds; when burning CD and click on details, the status of the files in cue is not refreshing as the burn progresses, unless you hover with the mouse over the files.

shAf

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 06:58:42 am »

I may be missing something, but previous versions of MC (e.g., 18, possibly 19) would remember how the list tabs were defined.  It is a bit of a hassle to redefine them preferably every time MC is restarted(?)

TIA  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

steami

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 01:10:45 pm »

I have problems with shell extensions again. Right clicking My Computer or Start Menu (Win7) makes the computer freeze.
Both with 54 and 56

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 01:11:54 pm »

Try rebooting.

johncaul

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 01:20:25 pm »

There's still the compatibility issues with Zone link and zone switch. I have 2 music zones (linked) and a video zone. I use zone switch to allocate between them ([Media Type]=[Video] files to video zone [Media Type]=[Audio] files to music zones). I have used the stop playback function to ensure when a video file plays nothing is playing in the linked music zones and vice versa. If I play a video file then a music file all works as it should- the zones switch correctly. However, if I play a music file then a video file I get an error message “Linked zones only support audio playback. Would you like to unlink the zone and continue playback”. Thing is why is MC even trying to play a video file in the linked zones? Zone switch should mean the file is routed away from the linked zones.

I currently run version 19.0.56

Thanks
John

steami

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 02:02:20 pm »

Try rebooting.

Thanks, I casually discovered that the issue is not related with JRiver but with TuneUp Utilities Turbo modality.

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 11:34:51 pm »

Hi,

I can't seem to paste any text into the search box (top right). Ctrl+V does not work either. The paste menu is greyed out. I copy some text and have double checked that it is on the clipboard by pasting it into notepad and Word, but MC refuses to "acknowledge" that there is something on the clipboard:).

This has been like this for the last couple of builds. Maybe it's just my PC?

Simon.

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 12:49:44 am »

Equalizer editing broken on 19.0.56 for Windows.

In DSP Studio, under Equalizer, I created a preset named "Audioengine."  I select it.  As soon as I change a slider, the name in the box changes to "Custom". There doesn't seem to be any way to change & save an existing preset, whether JR-supplied or user-supplied.

I asked about this in 18.x and was told it was a bug you'd be fixing soon.

Mike

HiFiTubes

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 06:03:14 am »

There is a glitch when switching tracks using upsampling.

2 Zones with identical ASIO driver from manufacturer.

When JRiver is switched between tracks there is a small glitch/pause using the upsampled zone.

This does not occur in the native sample rate zone. I can provide details as needed.

EDIT - this problem goes away when using WASAPI (standard EVENT mode). The ASIO USB driver is a Thesycon-based one from Antelope.

I have tried using large buffers in ASIO panel as well the default 50ms.

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 06:34:40 am »

Now I could smoothly update to MC19.0.56.

I am using Korg DS-DAC-10 with its ASIO driver, and  Output Encoding by "2XDSD in native format", Bitstreaming = None, to play all of the audio files by real-time up-sampling to DSD 5.6 MHz 1 bit for DS-DAC-10.  When I play DSD 2.8 MHz file, MC19 automatically give DSD 2.8 MHz output which I can confirm by LEDs of DS-DAC-10.  Now, therefore, the audio file play back with MC19 and DS-DAC-10 is just perfect for me.

When I play a mp4 video clip, the video movie is smoothly shown on the screen, but the audio track of the video clip is played in its native format, ex. 44.1 KHz 16 bit PCM, so that I need to manually change DS-DAC-10's mode to PCM in order to hear the mp4.  As I am setting all of the audio files by "2XDSD in native format" real-time up-sampling, I also would like to hear the mp4's audio track in "2XDSD in native format" up-sampling.  Even if I set the Bitstreaming to "DSD" mode, mp4 files cannot be played by "2XDSD" but are still played in PCM format.

Is it possible to have any setting that audio track of mp4 would be just treated as other audio files, and can be also played in Output Encoding by "2XDSD in native format"?

EDIT
Let me move this report and inquiry to the "NEW: Real-time DSD output" Topic discussion site.

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 07:31:20 am »

My remote library auto sync works now just fine. :)

HiFiTubes

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 09:22:17 am »

Can you folks look into Detached Display? Something is wonky. And it's related to the flashing screen issue reported by myself and another user with Nvidia card.

What happens:

• I sit down at office PC, and maximize Firefox. Kids reporting flashing display on the Detached Display (HDMI).
  • I close Firefox completely.
  • Then realize there are TWO detached displays, probably conflicting with one another. The other one usually has cover art.

I think this issue highlights the need for a revamp of Detached Display; namely, the ability to fast switch between monitors in MC (like Windows natively offers), and to offer the title bar/control bar at top in detached display. I have a hard time believing I'm the only MC user who uses Detached Display but it does seem that way at times. It's very useful but often confuse the hell out of my family.

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 02:18:45 pm »

Can you folks look into Detached Display? Something is wonky. And it's related to the flashing screen issue reported by myself and another user with Nvidia card.

What happens:

• I sit down at office PC, and maximize Firefox. Kids reporting flashing display on the Detached Display (HDMI).
  • I close Firefox completely.
  • Then realize there are TWO detached displays, probably conflicting with one another. The other one usually has cover art.

I think this issue highlights the need for a revamp of Detached Display; namely, the ability to fast switch between monitors in MC (like Windows natively offers), and to offer the title bar/control bar at top in detached display. I have a hard time believing I'm the only MC user who uses Detached Display but it does seem that way at times. It's very useful but often confuse the hell out of my family.
Make sure content type reported to the display in the Nvidia Control Panel under Desktop Color Settings is set to "full screen" or at least try that

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 06:59:08 pm »

Hi,

I can't seem to paste any text into the search box (top right). Ctrl+V does not work either. The paste menu is greyed out. I copy some text and have double checked that it is on the clipboard by pasting it into notepad and Word, but MC refuses to "acknowledge" that there is something on the clipboard:).

This has been like this for the last couple of builds. Maybe it's just my PC?

Simon.

Check your security software. I use Webroot and I have the same issue each time I upgrade MC. It's a setting under Identity Protection>> Application Protection.

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 09:36:20 pm »

On 56, when encoding to 2xDSD PCM files, a loud noise is played along the music when changing to a DSD or 2xDSD files, either DSF, DFF or SACD.ISO. Stopping and resuming playing the DSD files makes them to be played correctly. Changing from DSD to DSD encoded PCM tracks is fine. Changing between DSD encoded PCM tracks works fine.
54 does not have this issue.
My DAC is a Youlong SABRE DA8.

I noticed another issue on 54 and 56 builds, and possibly on earlier builds as well: bitrate is not shown on display despite it is configured to show [bitrate(labeled)].

MC18 and MC19 cannot play PCM with Yulong DA8 ASIO driver but play DSD files and DSD encoded PCM files. A message appear saying that something went wrong and the device does not support playing, for instance, 44.1K/24bit. Other players (foobar2000 and Korg AudioGate) can play PCM using Yulong DA8 ASIO driver just fine.

My computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell XPS desktop, 16GB of RAM, Intel Core I7.

Thanks.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 10:08:03 pm »

I noticed another issue on 54 and 56 builds, and possibly on earlier builds as well: bitrate is not shown on display despite it is configured to show [bitrate(labeled)].

bitrate(labeled) wont show if Play files from memory is active...

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

HiFiTubes

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 12:33:53 am »

Make sure content type reported to the display in the Nvidia Control Panel under Desktop Color Settings is set to "full screen" or at least try that

Thanks! Changed and testing today.

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2013, 01:16:59 am »

Check your security software. I use Webroot and I have the same issue each time I upgrade MC. It's a setting under Identity Protection>> Application Protection.

jkrzok - Thanks, I also use webroot and that was the problem as well. All sorted now.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2013, 12:34:55 pm »

First:
Someone else noticed that volume changes in videos after playing next file in playlist?
Discovered it when watching tv series. Strange thing is that it is not happening all the time??
Played one file in playlist. At the end of file mc switched to next file in playlist. Volume changed back to "startup volume setting".
AND changing startup volume setting doesn't work anymore. Tried to change it, but volume is on the same level as i set it a few builds ago. Changing works in settings, but isn't applied on startup.

Second:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83511.msg570141#msg570141

Please fix this last zone switching bug as described in the link above. It's happening when standard view is set to playing now and using theater view. Same behaviour than the last bug, where focus was lost in theater view when switching to an other zone if playing now was active in standard view.(This bug is solved, but the other one came after fixing this error! - Read Link above!)

Bug is still there.

Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2013, 03:48:13 am »

Double click a file in Playing Now which is included twice in the Playing Now List makes MC play the right file but the view jumps to the place where the file is listed first.

Reported here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84339.0
and here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=78629

Al ex

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2013, 05:02:31 am »

Updating tags is not shown in 19.0.56:

I changed tag data in some FLAC-files with MusicBrainz and was wondering, why the changes are not showing up in my library view.

Now, when I starting MC 18.0.212, tag changes ARE shown. So it must be an issue with MC19, or did some basic settings change from MC18 to MC19?

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 08:55:00 pm »

bitrate(labeled) wont show if Play files from memory is active...

Ken

Is this expected or a bug?

kensn

• MC Beta Team
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

mihamurp

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2013, 04:21:09 am »

Media Center 19 don't save the settings when I play youtube videos inside the player.
1.Choose a file from youtube to play inside the player. 2.Before start playing the file, MC is asking you a few options. 3.Choose  play the file in the player and put tick in the box for keep using this answer.

csimon

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 08:12:26 am »

In ROHQ, the progress bar doesn't disappear from bottom of screen when you've restarted after a pause.  ROStd is OK.

For 4:3 videos on a 16:9 screen, the video overlays the progress bar so you can just see it peeping out either side, as attached pic shows. For videos with black bars top and bottom the entire progress bar remains on-screen and is visible.

Intel Core i7 3517UE (Ivy Bridge) with HD4000 graphics

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 11:08:52 am »

Using Media Center 19, including most recent build, playing back a ripped DVD causes crashes and hangs.

Details:
I have a Region 2 version of a movie I bought while abroad. I'm in Region 1, so I changed the region settings on my DVD and ripped the disc, which was successful in MC 19. When I go to play back the ripped version, it starts successfully but then hangs MC 19. Have to do a hard shutdown of the product.

Using Win7 64, 12GB RAM, USB 3 hard disc (no issues with anything else there). MC 19.0.56 (and previous "stable" version).

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2013, 04:55:06 am »

I am using Korg DS-DAC-10.
Yesterday, Korg released new ASIO Driver v.1.0.5 and also Firmware v.1.0.5 for Windows and Mac, together with new version of AudioGate software v.2.3.3.
http://www.korguser.net/audiogate/jp/download.html

With these new ASIO Driver and Firmware, I have just confirmed bit perfect playback throughout PCM 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 kHz, 192 16bit/24bit and also DSD 2.8224 HMz, 5.6448 MHz 1bit, automatically switched without manual change by "Korg DS-DAC-10 Control Panel".

I also confirmed "2xDSD in native foramt" Output Encoding realtime 5.6 MHz DSD up-sampling for all kinds of audio files with DS-DAC-10.

Consequently, DS-DAC-10 with latest ASIO Driver and Firmware is now perfectly compatible with MC19 (19.0.56).  This is really nice and wonderful for me and all of Korg DS-DAC-10 users with MC19.

Pages: [1]   Go Up