INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To fix or not to fix  (Read 1610 times)

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
To fix or not to fix
« on: August 07, 2008, 02:50:23 pm »

I'm not sure this is good news. There still are a lot of quirks and problems with MC 12, and i sincerely do hope JRiver will not forget about the customers that already paid for their software, and i hope that support and bugfixing will continue.

EDIT: this was a reply to Jim's Media Center 12.0 is done -- we'll be moving on now post. It would be most interesting to hear other opinions. Am i the only one who thinks MC 12 is not quite "done" yet?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: To fix or not to fix
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 08:05:33 pm »

Musichawk,
Your post is here.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: To fix or not to fix
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 11:54:08 am »

I'd say, there are quite a few things to fix.  I myself have three bugs.  I first reported them 2 months ago, and from then I posted in every new-build-thread. I thought it would be nice to do this without putting some "Still here" or "Still not fix" or "Will you at least have a look at..." to every new post. I never got a feedback... until now ;)

Now there are two possibilities for me: to live with the (not so big) bugs or be forced to buy MC13 and hope they'll adress them there. Perhaps it helps to post them here for a last try :-\ :

1.  The "Move / Copy Fields..." dialog doesn't honor the custom name of renamed fields.
Take a look here for more detailed Info.

2.  Trying to copy mp3s from a CD to another location using "Rename, Copy, and Move Files" doesn't work but gives the message
"Not all of the selected tracks can be renamed."
So if I have a mp3-CD I first have to copy all mp3 to a writetable Drive and then move (or copy) all files using some rules in "Rename, Copy, and Move Files".

3.  One minor thing: Changing the volume without using MCs slider (eg. by using a remote control or the vista volume control) doesn't update the slider position in MC until MC gets minimized&restored or until the mouse moves near the top part of MCs window.

A problem for the JRiver I see is, that they cannot just focus at their own product. There is a company like apple. They have their Smartphone and don't have to look around if there are any standards they have to look for. They just do their thing. It's companies like JRiver which have to support them and have a lot of work to get the new products of apple & co working for them.

So for me it's okay if they say: ok, we didn't get the iPhones work completly with MC12 (I don't no whether they did or not), but we have to stop here. If they didn't, they never would be able to bring out a new version. But I think bugs like the one I reported above should be fixed in a final product.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who has bugs like this on "his" list... I would be a bit disappointed if they'd ignore them...

BTW: Doesn't matter if they listen to what I wrote above or not: they are doing a great job and they (most the time ;) ) listen kindly to everything costumers have to say. And MC still is a great product with only very small deficiencies (which should be easy to fix  ;) ).
Pages: [1]   Go Up