INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: AC3 and DTS audio files in MC 11.1  (Read 20432 times)

Myron

• World Citizen
AC3 and DTS audio files in MC 11.1
« on: January 25, 2006, 09:50:26 pm »

22. New: MC will try to play AC3 and DTS audio files.

I've only got one AC3 and one DTS file.  Tried playing them and got noise just like in 11.0.

They're both .WAV files and will play on my AV processor if I stream them via my Philips Streamium (using the S/PDIF connection, of course).

Is there some trick to this I don't know about?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
AC3 and DTS audio files in MC 11.1.106 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 10:26:18 pm »

I've only got one AC3 and one DTS file.  Tried playing them and got noise just like in 11.0.

They're both .WAV files and will play on my AV processor if I stream them via my Philips Streamium (using the S/PDIF connection, of course).

Is there some trick to this I don't know about?

You may need an outboard decoder if you don't have decoding filters installed on your system.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
AC3 and DTS audio files in MC 11.1.106 Release Candidate
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 12:33:27 am »

Bonjour !

Files *.AC3 :

MC can import but :

1°) "Filename" is "name" of each track
  2°)  When I will play this tracks, MC crashes !!!!

What is it ?

Thanks.

Media Center Registered 11.1.106 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3177 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 502 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive E: HP      DVD Writer 640b   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F: SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616E   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: HP       DVD Writer 640b    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Myron

• World Citizen
Re: AC3 and DTS audio files in MC 11.1.106 Release Candidate
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 09:05:03 am »

You may need an outboard decoder if you don't decoding filters installed on your system.

Matt,

Thanks for the response.  Two questions:

What's actually changed in the latest build with respect to AC3 and DTS?

Where can I fnd these filters and how do I install them?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 09:12:53 am »

There are several threads here on that subject.  Try reading user yaobing's posts.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 09:20:51 am »

Thanks for this new feature guys!  Now I can rip the few DVD-A discs I have to AC3 and actually enjoy the 5.1 audio directly through MC.  (I know I could before by wrapping them in a MKV file, but this is far more convenient).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 09:52:06 am »

Matt,

Thanks for the response.  Two questions:

What's actually changed in the latest build with respect to AC3 and DTS?

Where can I fnd these filters and how do I install them?

For AC3, we put them in DirectShow catagory and try to play them in DirectShow. You need to have an AC3 parser filter (I already have in on my computer, not sure how I got it) and a decoder filter (FFDShow works).

For DTS, we treat them as WAVE, and directly send the stream down the pipe using our WAVE plugin.

_EDIT_ (Feb 3, 2006):

DTS files go to DirectShow too. Now we only handle WAV files using our WAVE plugin. If the WAV file contains dts, you definitely need outboard decoder.

If a *.dts file is actually a WAVE file, it should be handled by DirectShow WAV filter and like a *.WAV file you need outboard decoder.

Other *.dts files should be handled with decoder filters such as FFDShow, AC3Filter. These filters can be configured to either send data to your outboard decoder via SPDIF, or decode it and output to your speakers connected to your sound card.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 10:24:02 am »

I think there are two kinds of DTS files.

One kind is 44.1 kHz files that can be ripped from DTS audio CDs in standard wave format and have the standard .wav extension. Naturally you should not thread them anyhow (and probably cannot). It is up to the user to setup ASIO and make the signal path bit perfect for pass through.

Another kind is files that are extracted from DVD discs in 48 kHz DTS format and have the .dts extension. I think those files should be treated similarly like AC3 files and use DirectShow for them.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 10:33:45 am »

I think there are two kinds of DTS files.

One kind is 44.1 kHz files that can be ripped from DTS audio CDs in standard wave format and have the standard .wav extension. Naturally you should not thread them anyhow (and probably cannot). It is up to the user to setup ASIO and make the signal path bit perfect for pass through.

Another kind is files that are extracted from DVD discs in 48 kHz DTS format and have the .dts extension. I think those files should be treated similarly like AC3 files and use DirectShow for them.

Alex,

Thanks for the info. Does the extension tell them apart? In other word, is WAV extension always used for the first kind and DTS extension always used with the second kind?

Yaobing

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 10:45:35 am »

Thanks for the info. Does the extension tell them apart? In other word, is WAV extension always used for the first kind and DTS extension always used with the second kind?

I suppose so. I guess DTS inc. has not made "rules" for the .dts extension, but I may be wrong in this.

These links may help:
http://www.dts.com/
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showforum=32
http://www.sr.se/multikanal/english/e_index.stm
http://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?s=f21d74f0699649168c90d07b98939f3c&f=11
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 01:35:08 pm »

A quote from: http://www.laaudiofile.com/dtsencoder.html

"Product Review (January 2005) - DTS Technology's
DTS Pro Series Surround Encoder Software"

DTS Encoder
Once the packed agm file is created, the Encoder program is used to generate the DTS file. The DTS Encoder program accepts the single agm file created by the Packer program and generates an encoded DTS output file (wav, dts or cpt) defined by the user. The DTS Wave Format (wav) uses an Intel byte order and wav header. The Padded Format (dts) is a raw file with no header information and zero padding to fill frames. The Compact Format (cpt) uses a Motorola byte order with the timecode removed and a start time present. The cpt format is needed for the Apple DVD Studio Pro V3.0 software. The wav format is typically used for 5.1 or 6.1 music surround discs where no video is present. The dts and cpt formats are used for DVD authoring. DTS recommends users read the DVD Authoring for DTS document for those interested in creating DTS DVDs. Based on the source file packing options, the sample rate, channel configuration and bit depth are displayed. The user has the option of encoding the entire source file by checking the Whole Source File checkbox or a portion of the file defined by the Source Start Time and Source End Time. The user can set the Dialog Normalization value at this point to set the metdata used to control the playback level of the decoding equipment. It has no effect on the encode or decode process.

EDIT

Also, Minnetonka Audio's Surcode DVD-DTS encoder can make several DTS file formats: http://www.surcode.com/

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 11:31:30 am »

DTS files ripped from a CD-DTS disk play fine.  However, .dts files ripped from a DVD dont work on my system with MC 11.1 build 109.  The same .dts files DO play with MS XP media player.

I tried changing from using AC3Filter to NVIDIA audio decoder direct show filters without any success.

In all cases I am trying to output via SPDIF to an external decoder receiver.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 01:18:20 pm »

DTS files ripped from a CD-DTS disk play fine.  However, .dts files ripped from a DVD dont work on my system with MC 11.1 build 109.  The same .dts files DO play with MS XP media player.

I tried changing from using AC3Filter to NVIDIA audio decoder direct show filters without any success.

In all cases I am trying to output via SPDIF to an external decoder receiver.

In the latest couple of builds, we try to play files with .dts extension in DirectShow. If the file is actually a WAV file with dts extension, DirectShow's Wave filter would be loaded and the data stream should be passed down without modification. If the file actually requires a decoder filter, you have to make sure the filters exist.

Can you provide a sample file that we can test with? Thanks.

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 01:33:33 pm »

I know that the decoders exist because the file plays fine with ms windows media player.

I would love to send you a sample file.

email me

dumpingground @ mailworks dot org

with instructions on how to send the file to you.  An FTP site would be ideal, since the files can be a few 10's of meg in size.

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 01:35:52 pm »

by the way, the following program works great for extracting the audio .dts file out of a DVD:

http://www.castudio.org/dvdaudioextractor/

make sure you select the "direct stream demux" in step two of the extraction wizard.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006, 07:18:26 pm »

by the way, the following program works great for extracting the audio .dts file out of a DVD:

http://www.castudio.org/dvdaudioextractor/

make sure you select the "direct stream demux" in step two of the extraction wizard.
\

Thanks for the link.
I downloaded the program and used it to extract a few tracks from a DVD. None of the resulting dts files play on my computer, not even with Windows Media Player. I will need to do more searching for an answer.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 07:20:48 am »

From the release thread:

please work out the .dts issues before closing out this release.....

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31549.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31514.0

I think small tweaking after the release is still possible and probably will happen because the new Direct Show system has not been tested much yet. This is not exactly something that needs to be permanently decided before the release.

In general, I suppose this should work exactly like it works with other usual programs.

If the file is not technically a wave file that includes a "hidden" DTS stream it should be send to Direct Show. If the installed Direct Show components can handle it then they can, but it is up to the user to setup the system correctly. MC should not try to grab the decoded stream back in this case (I don't think it tries that currently). The user may want to use S/PDIF pass through instead of decoding the file on PC.

If the file has the .wav extension it should be handled like any other wave file. If the signal path after MC is bit perfect then the file can be decoded with an external decoder like an HT receiver.

I would like to do more testing, but my time is very limited at the moment. Perhaps I could try something during the next weekend.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 07:56:45 am »

Yaobing,

Please check out my proposal for MPEG file extension handling here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31341.msg217130#msg217130.

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 08:02:28 am »

1.  In my case I am using SPDIF out.
2.  I have the correct decoders and directshow filters installed.  Other apps play the .dts files fine.
3.  changing the file extension from .dts to .wav does not seem to work in my case with MC 11.1.

It would be great if MC would support a better or more visble way for the end user to select which direct show filters are used for the playback chain.  Right now the best I can do is to goto the options DVD playback and look at the decoder listing.  I am assuming that that is the same decoder chain that is used for .dts music file playback.

I am not sure if I can change the decoders that MC selects for playback.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2006, 08:20:08 am »

2.  I have the correct decoders and directshow filters installed.  Other apps play the .dts files fine.

Do you know what filters are used when you play the files in other applications?

On my computer Windows Media Player would not play the files extracted using the "DVD Audio extractor". I do not think the fact my computer is not setup for SPDIF outpt would be the reason.

It would be great if MC would support a better or more visble way for the end user to select which direct show filters are used for the playback chain.  Right now the best I can do is to goto the options DVD playback and look at the decoder listing.  I am assuming that that is the same decoder chain that is used for .dts music file playback.

I am not sure if I can change the decoders that MC selects for playback.

MC does not select filters. DirectShow makes selections. It should not matter. If a file is playable, DirectShow should be able to find the right filters.

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 03:55:27 pm »

the .dts file plays fine in MS windows media player out the SPDIF on my system.  I believe that the NVIDIA video/audio decoders are the default on my system.  But I do not know how to ask windows media player to list the decoders it is actually using to playback a file.

can anyone tell me how to get that info out of MS media player?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 05:32:05 pm »

I have found a combination of filters that will play dts in Media Center, as well as in Windows Media Player.

DtS/AC3Source -> FFDShow -> AC3Filter -> audio renderer.

The first one, DTS/AC3Source is the one that I was missing when I could not play any dts files. It is available from SourceForge, and is writtern by Gabest.

I do not know why both FFDShow and AC3Filter are needed, but they are both loaded by DirectShow.

You can configure AC3Filter to choose your output option, either SPDIF, or decoding to specified number of channels.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 12:56:41 pm »

An update:

You do not need both FFDShow and AC3Filter. They were both loaded because the following two conditions were true:

1. FFDShow is configured to decode dts, and the filter has higher priority than other filters. This is generally true.

2. AC3Filter is configured to work on PCM data. This is true by default.

If you configure FFDShow to disable dts decoding, then AC3Filter alone will be used. Similarly if you configure AC3Filter so that is would not try decoding PCM data, and use FFDShow to decode dts, then only FFDShow is used. Both work fine playing dts files to my stereo speakers. With either filter you can configure to use SPDIF if you have outboard decoder.

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2006, 04:30:12 pm »

what version of ac3filter are you using? .70b?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2006, 05:28:23 pm »

what version of ac3filter are you using? .70b?

1.0.1a

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2006, 10:02:13 pm »

I am sorry, I must just be dense.  I simply cannot get MC 11.1 to play my .dts files  ripped from DVD's out the SPDIF port of my PC to my receiver.  DTS files ripped from CD DTS seemed to play fine (thru the waveout plugin of MC???)

The very same .dts files play fine on my system with MS Windows XP media player and with my zoomplayer.  With zoomplayer I am using nvidia audio decoders set to SPDIF passthru and the default directsound audio renderer.

I am pretty sure that AC3Filter 1.0.1a is not fully functional for SPDIF out.  It is beta after all.  I tried 1.0.1a as well as the more stable .70b.  without luck with MC 11.1.

By the way, it is somewhat a challenge to figure out what directshow filters MC 11.1 is picking up and what logic it uses to play pick the filters.

I can go into zoomplayer and reset the metrics/weightings on the directshow filters installed on my system and then try and see the result in MC 11.1.  Very combersome.

I am using the very latest MC 11.1.112

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2006, 11:17:45 pm »

By the way, it is somewhat a challenge to figure out what directshow filters MC 11.1 is picking up and what logic it uses to play pick the filters.

You can not choose what filter to use in MC, but you can see what it uses by looking at the log file. You need to turn on Playback log type.

Have you tried FFDShow filter?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2006, 11:41:36 pm »

Have  you installed DTS/AC3Source filter? If not, what source filter does ZoomPlayer use for DTS playback on your machine?

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2006, 06:51:37 am »

1.  I do have DTS/AC3Source filter installed on my system.

2.  I do not know how to turn on MC playback logging.  I search in the MC help file and could not find it.  How do I turn on logging?

3.  Zoomplayer can be configured to use any source filter, audio decoder, renderer I want to playback .DTS files.  I am currenlty using the following chain:
DTS/AC3Source -> NVIDIA Audio Decoder (set to SPDIF output) -> default directsound device

4.  I have FFDShow loaded, but it is not currently configured to touch .dts.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2006, 09:02:04 am »

1.  I do have DTS/AC3Source filter installed on my system.
Good.

2.  I do not know how to turn on MC playback logging.  I search in the MC help file and could not find it.  How do I turn on logging?
Help menu -> Configure Debug Logging ...

Check "Output to a log file".

In "Types of events to log" box, check only "Playback" (to avoid too much irrelavent information. You can check others when it is deemed necessary).

3.  Zoomplayer can be configured to use any source filter, audio decoder, renderer I want to playback .DTS files.  I am currenlty using the following chain:
DTS/AC3Source -> NVIDIA Audio Decoder (set to SPDIF output) -> default directsound device
If ZoomPlayer builds that chain, MC should too. The log file should tell whether any graph is built successfully.
4.  I have FFDShow loaded, but it is not currently configured to touch .dts.
For testing purpose, please try switching FFDShow on for dts, and switching NVIDIA off if necessary.

Do you only have trouble playing to SPDIF? Have you tried playing to stereo speakers connected to the sound card?

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2006, 10:50:41 am »

here is the log file.  first session is a successful playback of a DTS file extracted from a CD-DTS disk.  The file was extracted and then turned into a loss less wma file by the way.

second session is an attempt to play a DTS file extracted from a DVD (which fails).

I don't see where the deoders are listed.

http://members.cox.net/massarik/mc_log.txt

In all cases I am attempting SPDIF passthru of the audio bit stream out to my external decoder receiver.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2006, 11:40:59 am »

That is really strange.

Your log does not show any attempt to play a dts file in DirectShow. Do you have an m4a file to try?

Please check the date and version of the following files

C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\Data\Default Resources\FileAssociations.xml

and

C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\PlaybackEng.dll

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2006, 02:08:36 pm »

fileassociations.xml -> 2/2/2006 12:04PM
playbackeng.dll -> 2/2/2006 10:06am v11.1.216.0

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2006, 02:10:26 pm »

I did have dts files encapsulated in m4a files working several MC11.1 beta revs back.  However the Haali splitter that I need to have loaded introduced other issues on my system since it seemed to want to jump in too many file playback combinations.  So I uninstalled the splitter.  Now I don't know if a m4a file would play on mys system.

Also the .m4a playback was not all that stable on my system and the effort to convert the dts files to .m4a seemed to be somewhat of a pain.  I prefer to just extract the .dts file from the dvd and double click and play it in MC11.1.  That is what works in zoompalyer and windows media player.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2006, 03:25:02 pm »

fileassociations.xml -> 2/2/2006 12:04PM
playbackeng.dll -> 2/2/2006 10:06am v11.1.216.0

These seems current. You should see a line in the xml file like this

<DSTypes>m4a;aac;wv;ra;ram;rm;ac3;dts</DSTypes>

If this line is present, the dts files should be played in DirectShow, or act least there should be an attempt. Have you successfully imported the dts files into MC?

I did have dts files encapsulated in m4a files working several MC11.1 beta revs back.  However the Haali splitter that I need to have loaded introduced other issues on my system since it seemed to want to jump in too many file playback combinations.  So I uninstalled the splitter.  Now I don't know if a m4a file would play on mys system.
I know. I wish Haali would not pop up a messagebox.

Also the .m4a playback was not all that stable on my system and the effort to convert the dts files to .m4a seemed to be somewhat of a pain.  I prefer to just extract the .dts file from the dvd and double click and play it in MC11.1.  That is what works in zoompalyer and windows media player.

I did not mean to suggest that you convert you files. I just wondered whether you could play any file using our DirectShow scheme. The extensions listed in <DSTypes> are supposed to play in our DirectShow/MC Native engine scheme.

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2006, 03:44:22 pm »

here is what is in my xml file:

I tried playing the .ac3 files from here:
http://www.diatonis.com/downloads_dts_ac3.html

They dont' work either.  Looks like no directshow type formats work on my system at all.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2006, 04:11:44 pm »

here is what is in my xml file:
That is correct. I asked about it just in case your file failed to be updated by installer. That is not the case. More searching ...

I tried playing the .ac3 files from here:
http://www.diatonis.com/downloads_dts_ac3.html
These are the files I downloaded initially. They work fine on my computer.

They dont' work either.  Looks like no directshow type formats work on my system at all.
This is indeed a tough case...

How about a DirectX update?

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2006, 04:32:22 pm »

just to clarify, no directshow filters work at all in my MC 11.1 install.  But all my directshow filters work great on my system on all  my other apps.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2006, 04:38:25 pm »

Please try issuing the following command from Windows' Start menu:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\PlaybackEng.dll"

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2006, 07:40:17 pm »

The same problem for me wmp plays dts/wav fine but mc11.1.113 nothing (white noise).  :-[

just to clarify, no directshow filters work at all in my MC 11.1 install.  But all my directshow filters work great on my system on all  my other apps.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2006, 08:55:03 pm »

The same problem for me wmp plays dts/wav fine but mc11.1.113 nothing (white noise).  :-[

Do you use SPDIF to output to an outboard decoder? It seems in your case the player outputs audio data un-decoded and it should be decoded outboard. If you intend to play the audio in the computer, you should configure the decoder filter to not use SPDIF. AC3FIlter and FFDShow (whichever you are using) have configuration property pages accessible through "All Programs".

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2006, 07:37:12 am »

Please try issuing the following command from Windows' Start menu:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\PlaybackEng.dll"

did not help.  sigh.  no change.

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2006, 07:40:27 am »

So since it looked like I was getting NO directshow filters support in MC, but the rest of my apps on machine were working with directshow....I did a compete uninstall reinstall of MC 11.1.  Including deleting the MC registry tree.

I still do not get .dts files to play.  However, now I at least get indication in the log file that the directshow filters are loading.  Also, the spectrum analyzer on MC shows some output (I think whitenoise).  However, I still get no bit stream out, no sound out my SPDIF to my receiver.

===
0037433: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Start
0037433: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Handling exclusive playback zones
0037433: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Getting actual playback track
0037463: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Processing play for 'H:\music\Tchaikovsky\The Nutcracker\01_Overture.dts'
0037463: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Updating internal track info
0037564: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Updating mixer
0037564: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Updating filename
0037564: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Playing: H:\music\Tchaikovsky\The Nutcracker\01_Overture.dts / dts
0037604: Playback: CPlaybackEngImpl::Play: Start
0037664: Playback: FileCanPlayInDShow: Testing: H:\music\Tchaikovsky\The Nutcracker\01_Overture.dts
0038966: Playback: FileCanPlayInDShow: Can play: 1, Audio: 1
0039066: Playback: CPlaybackEngImpl::Play: Playing H:\music\Tchaikovsky\The Nutcracker\01_Overture.dts with type dts
0039076: Playback: CPlaybackEngImpl::StartPlayFile: Start
0039076: Playback: CPlaybackEngImpl::StartPlayFile: Playback type: MJ
0039356: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Audio out MediaType  M type MEDIATYPE_Audio  S type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM
0039376: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Subtype description UNKNOWN
0039376: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Not temporally compressed
0039376: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Sample size 73728
0039376: Playback: DisplayTypeEx:      Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
0039376: Playback: DisplayTypeEx:      Subtype MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM
0039376: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: wFormatTag 146
0039376: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: nChannels 2
0039376: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: nSamplesPerSec 48000
0039376: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: nAvgBytesPerSec 192000
0039376: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: nBlockAlign 4
0039376: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: wBitsPerSample 16
0039376: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: cbSize 0
0039727: Playback: CWaveOutBinPlayThread::Thread: Start
0039747: Playback: DumpGraph: Start
0039747: Playback: DumpGraph: DumpGraph [68d29d0]
0039747: Playback: DumpGraph:     Filter [1b181b4]  'MJ WaveBin Filter'
0039747: Playback: DumpGraph:           Pin [1b182a4]  'In' [Input]  Connected to pin [3cd58dc]
0039747: Playback: DumpGraph:     Filter [3ca0054]  'NVIDIA Audio Decoder'
0039747: Playback: DumpGraph:           Pin [34c47c4]  'Audio Input' [Input]  Connected to pin [314210c]
0039747: Playback: DumpGraph:           Pin [3cd58dc]  'Audio Output' [Output]  Connected to pin [1b182a4]
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Connection type  M type MEDIATYPE_Audio  S type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Subtype description UNKNOWN
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Not temporally compressed
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Sample size 73728
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx:      Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx:      Subtype MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: wFormatTag 146
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: nChannels 2
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: nSamplesPerSec 48000
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: nAvgBytesPerSec 192000
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: nBlockAlign 4
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: wBitsPerSample 16
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: cbSize 0
0039747: Playback: DumpGraph:     Filter [3141fcc]  'H:\music\Tchaikovsky\The Nutcracker\01_Overture.dts'
0039747: Playback: DumpGraph:           Pin [314210c]  'Output' [Output]  Connected to pin [34c47c4]
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Connection type  M type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  S type MEDIASUBTYPE_DTS
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Subtype description UNKNOWN
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Not temporally compressed
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Sample size 2048
0039747: Playback: DisplayTypeEx:      Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
0039747: Playback: DumpGraph: Finish (0 ms)
0039767: Playback: CPlaybackEngImpl::StartPlayFile: Finish (691 ms)
0039767: Playback: CPlaybackEngImpl::Play: StartPlayFile returned 1
0039767: Playback: CPlaybackEngImpl::Play: Finish (2173 ms)
0039767: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Play succeeded
0039777: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Finish (2344 ms)
0039787: Playback: CDXWaveFeeder::OnGraphNotify: Start
0039787: Playback: CDXWaveFeeder::OnGraphNotify: Event 13 param1 0, Param2 0 Thread ID: 0x970
0039787: Playback: CDXWaveFeeder::OnGraphNotify: Finish (0 ms)
0048429: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Start
0048429: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Checking for not loaded playback engine
0048429: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Checking for time-shifting
0048429: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Firing stop to playback engine
0048429: Playback: CMJPlayerCore::Stop: Start
0048429: Playback: CMJPlayerCore::Stop: Stopping visualization data thread
0048449: Playback: CMJPlayerCore::Stop: Closing feeder thread
0048659: Playback: CMJPlayerCore::Stop: Closing main output bin
0048659: Playback: CWaveOutBinPlayThread::~CWaveOutBinPlayThread: Start
0048670: Playback: CWaveOutBinPlayThread::Thread: Finish (8943 ms)
0048680: Playback: CWaveOutBinPlayThread::~CWaveOutBinPlayThread: Finish (21 ms)
0048750: Playback: CMJPlayerCore::Stop: Closing rights object
0048750: Playback: CMJPlayerCore::Stop: Updating play state
0048780: Playback: CMJPlayerCore::Stop: Finish (351 ms)
0048800: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Processing intnernal previous / next
0048800: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Clearing display info
0048800: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Updating statistics
0048800: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Updating playback state
0048800: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Updating UI
0048800: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Applying database changes
0048800: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Finish (371 ms)

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2006, 09:05:27 am »

ok, making progress.  If I UNREGISTER my NVIDIA audio decoder filter.  Now dscaler audio filters take over and WORK.  I get DTS out my SPDIF now.

=======
ayback: DumpGraph: Start
0011997: Playback: DumpGraph: DumpGraph [2e81008]
0011997: Playback: DumpGraph:     Filter [1b17e44]  'MJ WaveBin Filter'
0011997: Playback: DumpGraph:           Pin [1b17f34]  'In' [Input]  Connected to pin [44a20e8]
0011997: Playback: DumpGraph:     Filter [44a3a2c]  'DScaler Audio Decoder'
0011997: Playback: DumpGraph:           Pin [44a1fd0]  'Audio In' [Input]  Connected to pin [43f210c]
0011997: Playback: DumpGraph:           Pin [44a20e8]  'Audio Out' [Output]  Connected to pin [1b17f34]
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Connection type  M type MEDIATYPE_Audio  S type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3_SPDIF
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Subtype description UNKNOWN
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Not temporally compressed
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Sample size 6144
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx:      Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx:      Subtype MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3_SPDIF
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: wFormatTag 146
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: nChannels 2
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: nSamplesPerSec 48000
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: nAvgBytesPerSec 192000
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: nBlockAlign 4
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: wBitsPerSample 16
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: cbSize 0
0011997: Playback: DumpGraph:     Filter [43f1fcc]  'H:\music\Tchaikovsky\The Nutcracker\01_Overture.dts'
0011997: Playback: DumpGraph:           Pin [43f210c]  'Output' [Output]  Connected to pin [44a1fd0]
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Connection type  M type MEDIATYPE_Audio  S type MEDIASUBTYPE_DTS
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Subtype description UNKNOWN
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Not temporally compressed
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: Sample size 2048
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx:      Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx:      Subtype MEDIASUBTYPE_DTS
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: wFormatTag 1
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: nChannels 6
0011997: Playback: DisplayTypeEx: nSamplesPerSec 48000

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2006, 09:16:49 am »

But I still get a error message when I get to the end of the file with say 10s left.  MC seems to run out of buffer and say that I should check my path since it cannot open the file (that it has been already playing)

as i previously posted here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31514.msg216750#msg216750

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2006, 10:52:11 am »

I am up to 11.1.113 release. 

By playing with the merit's of my audio decoders to force MC to use them, I have been able to determine that if the following decoders work on my system for SPDIF output from MC:

NVIDIA Audio Decoder:  NO
dscaler audio decoder: YES
Sonic Cinemaster DS Audio Decoder: YES
Intervideo WINDVD Audio Decoder: NO
Cyberlink Audio Decoder:  NO

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2006, 11:08:32 am »

I am up to 11.1.113 release. 

By playing with the merit's of my audio decoders to force MC to use them, I have been able to determine that if the following decoders work on my system for SPDIF output from MC:

NVIDIA Audio Decoder:  NO
dscaler audio decoder: YES
Sonic Cinemaster DS Audio Decoder: YES
Intervideo WINDVD Audio Decoder: NO
Cyberlink Audio Decoder:  NO

One likely reason for why some of these filters do not work is that they are not configured to output to SPDIF. I do not know whether all of them have configuration window to do such thing, some of them do. But you can not access the configuration from MC for now. I should add such access.

For now I know FFDShow and AC3Filter have configuration accessible from Windows Start button. I would recommend that you try using FFDShow.  It works for a large number of different audio and video codecs.

dmm

• World Citizen
Re: AC3 and DTS audio files in MC 11.1
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2006, 11:13:03 am »

I am well aware of the config for SPDIF output issue.  In some case you need to go into the registry trees for those filters to set them for SPDIF output.  I have done so on my system since I only use SPDIF Output.

anyone else getting the issue that the end of the track generates a error message?

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2006, 05:04:18 pm »

Hitting the "next track" or "previous track" button while a .dts file is playing causes MC 11.1 to hang.  ctrl-alt-delete needed to kill MC and restart.

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2006, 10:56:28 am »

Here is the current list of bugs/glitches (at least as seen on my system):

1.  Forward/Back Track BUG:  Hitting the "next track" or "previous track" button while a .dts file is playing causes MC 11.1 to hang.  ctrl-alt-delete needed to kill MC and restart.

2.  Last 10s BUG:  When MC gets near to the end of the .dts file, the player craps out with an error message about not being able to find the file.

3.  Web server BUG:  using a remote machine to access the port 80 MC server via a browser.  Select a .dts song.  MC crashes on the server machine.

4.  Directshow filter REQUEST:  please make selecting and configuring directshow filters and renderers to be used by MC playback for audio and video files selectable by the end user.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up