INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote for Android -- Now available  (Read 262068 times)

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote for Android -- Now available for testing
« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2015, 04:48:41 pm »

Login works perfectly for me, and the only possible explanation would've been if you used special chars in your user or password, which you don't. So I don't know what is wrong for you.
You should verify that your keyboard doesn't add spaces in the username field or something.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Ekpen

« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2015, 05:47:07 pm »

Login works perfectly for me, and the only possible explanation would've been if you used special chars in your user or password, which you don't. So I don't know what is wrong for you.
You should verify that your keyboard doesn't add spaces in the username field or something.

Did you use the info I sent you to try to log in?
I will try using the on screen keyboard on this Asus Allinone PC.
If it does not work, I will let it rest. I still have Gizmo and eos. I am waiting for Linux platform to get matured a bit before  shutting down the Windows 8.1 server. May be I will get lucky with the Linux platform.

Thanks a lot for trying to resolve this issue for me.

George

Ekpen

Re: JRemote for Android -- problems authenticating access key - Resolved
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2015, 01:16:00 pm »

Update as of 04/03/2015.

On the Asus Pc, which I think is not the problem, I erased the info and used the on screen keyboard to type in same info.
On the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 handset, I noticed the default keyboard was US keyboard, I changed this to Samsung keyboard. I also disabled  auto spacing and auto punctuate options.

Issue reported was fixed.

Thanks so much Hendrik.

George

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2015, 01:18:03 pm »

In the next version, it'll also trim spaces off the username, since that seems to be a common problem with some Android keyboards, they try to be smart and ruin everything. ;)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Ekpen

« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2015, 01:47:53 pm »

In the next version, it'll also trim spaces of the username, since that seems to be a common problem with some Android keyboards, they try to be smart and ruin everything. ;)

I am very happy to note that you are on top of this.

Again, a billion thanks.

George

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2015, 03:16:44 pm »

could of sworn when i downloaded beta, theater remote was an option.
has this been removed? moved? will it be coming back?
thanks

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2015, 03:20:05 pm »

The option was removed since it didn't do anything yet and was just confusing.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

HTPC4ME

« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2015, 03:30:22 pm »

aww ok thanks.
assuming you'll be re-adding it when time allows for it?

Ekpen

« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2015, 05:23:43 pm »

The option was removed since it didn't do anything yet and was just confusing.

Glad it was removed.  It was not loading the theater view remote well we used to know.

I will like to ask for two missing features that eos has, but will be good for JRemote as well.

In eos options settings: there is "Expand Drawer on Connect". I noticed if this is checked, when I play 4.3 movies (DVD) it fills up  the screen making it look like a 16x9 aspect ratio.

Dynamic playing Now colors .. this changes the background of playing now based on the cover art.
Thanks.
George

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2015, 10:32:04 pm »

The Date Imported, Date Created, Date Modified, and Last Played tags aren't formated in an understandable way in the Metadata screen.

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #160 on: April 05, 2015, 02:41:19 pm »

“Screen always on“ doesn't work. Display is switching off completely during playing now.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2015, 06:15:34 pm »

Posted this on the G+ group, then noticed the note about issue tracking here, so I'm moving it over to this thread:

I just installed the app and went to setup my server connections and noticed an issue.  I have two different JRiver installs, one that I expose to the outside world (server) and one that I do not (HTPC).  The HTPC reads the server's library, but I never connect to that one outside of my network.  I wasn't paying attention and typed in the HTPC's access key from my 4g connection.  It proceeded to tell me I was connected, but I was really connected to the other access key on my network (the server).

Once I connected to my wifi, I needed to delete the duplicate server from JRemote and re-add the HTPC key.  It's worth noting that when I looked at the two servers in JRemote, they had different access keys, but pointed to the same IP (my external IP).

rwpritchett

• Recent member
« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2015, 07:12:07 pm »

Running 20.0.7 and still have the following bugs on a Galaxy Tab 4:

Hanske

« Reply #163 on: April 06, 2015, 03:13:28 am »

Installed yesterday. First impressions are good. Minor bug: after import ing CD and reopening by artist cover art was in de wrong place. Everything shifted one place. So Bjork's name was under Blixa Bargeld's coverart etc. etc.. A.. up to Bjork no problems. Restarting the app solved it. Android 5.0.1 Nvidia Shield Tablet. Keep up the good work ;)

PS Also posted on Google+ (sorry)

flac.rules

« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2015, 11:03:17 am »

Volume doesn't seem to get updated quick enough, so the program gets a bit confusing to use when volume protection is one.

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #165 on: April 06, 2015, 11:45:40 am »

The last update seems to have corrected the time remaining on track issue.  As mentioned, the screen remain on function still does not work.

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #166 on: April 06, 2015, 01:13:08 pm »

Playing Now: Assigning a rating to a movie updates the star rating on the meta data page. But changing the number of stars on the meta page doesn't change the rating on Playing Now.

ragnar

« Reply #167 on: April 06, 2015, 02:01:43 pm »

Installed a week ago on Nexus 10 and Nexus 7, seems to work OK so far. Only glaring issue is the UI of the Playing Now screen - can't seem to use the back button to back out of either screen, have to use the Close X control. Not sure if this is as designed but it is very ...irritating.

I have had some issues with volume control occasionally not being very responsive - can't reliably duplicate what is happening yet so will have to wait a bit to comment further on this area of the software.

Otherwise very happy! Keep up the good work

Ragnar.

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2015, 03:47:16 pm »

After playing a movie: selecting Clear Playlist doesn't clear the playlist.

EDIT: found out that the HTPC already went to sleep, so I cannot change anything anymore on Playing Now? Would be good to have a status symbol somewhere regarding the current connection status...

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re:
« Reply #169 on: April 06, 2015, 03:52:46 pm »

After playing a movie: selecting Clear Playlist doesn't clear the playlist.

Controlling a remote zone, I assume?
It does seem to do that here, although it needs to talk to the server first, so the UI interaction isn't instantaneous.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Al ex

Re: Re:
« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2015, 03:54:29 pm »

Controlling a remote zone, I assume?
It does seem to do that here, although it needs to talk to the server first, so the UI interaction isn't instantaneous.
Just edited my post, while you were answering, Hendrik.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2015, 02:48:43 am »

Well if the server you are connected to is sleeping, then no matter what JRemote tries, it of course cannot do anything with the server anymore. ;)

Handling of lost connections still needs some work, and at least some sort of indication in the UI that an error occured, but all in good time!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2015, 08:21:39 am »

A new version is on its way to the Play Store. As always, it'll take a couple hours for everyone to get the update.

20.0.8 / 8 (04/07/2015)

1. Fixed: Playing Now properly resets the Cover Art when a track without Cover Art is being played.
2. Fixed: The Player Bar at the bottom of the screen in the Browse/Track List activity properly resets the album/artist line when no values are available.
3. Fixed: "Screen Always On" was not functional.
4. Fixed: The Browse activity would reset back to the root when rotating the screen or dismissing the application.
5. Fixed: The floating action buttons on the Track list would only show after scrolling down and back up.
6. Changed: The "Add Server" activity can be scrolled in landscape view (until it can be properly optimized for wide screens).
7. Fixed: Using the "Back" key on the Playing Now activity did not work.
8. Fixed: Changing the Rating on the Metadata activity didn't properly reflect on the Playing Now activity.

--

We've also decided to publish this version to "production", which means its now available through the Play Store to everyone, without the Beta sign-up requirement.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

flac.rules

« Reply #173 on: April 07, 2015, 10:15:52 am »

Still having problems with cover art here, reproduced on severa devices. Shows up in list, shows up in metadata, but doesn't show up in the big "playing now"-windows. Just some blurry grey and blue image.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: April 07, 2015, 10:59:36 am »

Still having problems with cover art here, reproduced on severa devices. Shows up in list, shows up in metadata, but doesn't show up in the big "playing now"-windows. Just some blurry grey and blue image.

You will need a newer version of MC that should be available soon.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

kamimeguro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2015, 11:49:55 pm »

1. Fixed: Playing Now properly resets the Cover Art when a track without Cover Art is being played.

Thanks Hendrik, it works now.

Questions:
Is there a plan to select the number of files downloaded ahead of playing (like in Gizmo)? or what is the basic buffer size when playing on the device?
Is there a way or plan to select the audio format based on the zone? i.e. native for local zone (when I use my device as a controller) but audio quality reduced for playing to the device? Or may be the stream quality selection works only when playing on the device?

Very good experience so far!
Kami

Win 10 pro, Oppo 105, Onkyo TX-NR818, Elipson Axial 160, B&W 805S, Linn 5150, Yamaha GT750, Sony KDL-55W900A...

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2015, 01:21:10 am »

The quality option in the JRemote settings is only for streaming to the device, if you control a remote zone, the settings in MC are always used.
I don't have any concrete plans for the audio cache thing that we had in Gizmo. It may return, it may not. It was kind of a hack. But maybe it will give me a chance to re-implement it more cleanly.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2015, 01:26:18 am »

Hendrik, compared to Gizmo, not having the pre-cache in JRemote would really be a downgrade, if you are coming from Gizmo. This feature often let me enjoy music on flights at least for some extended time, though not connected to the Internet.

kamimeguro

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:
« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2015, 01:49:43 am »

Thank you Hendrik,

Will wait too for development in the pre-cache which was usefull while traveling.
Cheers
Kami
Win 10 pro, Oppo 105, Onkyo TX-NR818, Elipson Axial 160, B&W 805S, Linn 5150, Yamaha GT750, Sony KDL-55W900A...

Castius

Re: JRemote for Android -- Now available
« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2015, 10:18:11 am »

I would agree. I would even like to see the pre caching improved.
Subsonic app is still much better at this.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #180 on: April 08, 2015, 12:29:59 pm »

Just downloaded 20.0.8, and I'm seeing the same playing now issues that were supposed to be fixed a few builds back?

The playing now is completely blank when using JRemote as a remote control, but works fine with local playback on the device.  Do I need a more recent version of MC for this to work? I'm testing on my work JRiver box, which is on 20.0.81.

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #181 on: April 08, 2015, 04:49:55 pm »

Using the latest version, play stats don't get updated using JRemote to play locally on my phone.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #182 on: April 08, 2015, 05:47:59 pm »

Are you using a login and password?  The server won't be updated unless you use authentication on the server.

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #183 on: April 08, 2015, 05:49:02 pm »

I'm not using authentication, but other remotes (Gizmo, eos) don't require it to update the play stats.

audiolover

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #184 on: April 09, 2015, 03:04:31 am »

Is there a minimum Android version for the app to work?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #185 on: April 09, 2015, 04:02:00 am »

Is there a minimum Android version for the app to work?

Its mentioned in the first post of this thread, as well as in the Play Store. Currently we require 4.1

Just downloaded 20.0.8, and I'm seeing the same playing now issues that were supposed to be fixed a few builds back?

The playing now is completely blank when using JRemote as a remote control, but works fine with local playback on the device.  Do I need a more recent version of MC for this to work? I'm testing on my work JRiver box, which is on 20.0.81.

If you're experiencing odd issues, testing with everything updated to the latest is always a good course of action. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #186 on: April 09, 2015, 06:12:40 am »

If you're experiencing odd issues, testing with everything updated to the latest is always a good course of action. :)

I tried on an up to date build; I'm still getting the same issue with the latest build.  No cover art in playing now when using JRemote for remote control.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: April 09, 2015, 06:16:00 am »

Define up-to-date, 89 or newer?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #188 on: April 09, 2015, 06:43:40 am »

Define up-to-date, 89 or newer?

It's the latest beta build, definitely newer than .89.  Any troubleshooting steps I can try?  I verified that the albums have art, and that the art shows up in Gizmo.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #189 on: April 09, 2015, 06:54:17 am »

It uses a simple MCWS query to the server, "File/GetImage?file=<ID>&type=full&Format=jpg", on the other hand, local playback uses the same call, so I have no idea why that would be much different.
Seems to work for everyone else though.

Is only cover art missing, or any info about the track? That wasn't very clear from your posts.

Maybe you have zone switch active and are trying to play to a particular zone, but it actually plays in a different zone?
Any other particular complex things about your setup?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #190 on: April 09, 2015, 07:11:33 am »

It uses a simple MCWS query to the server, "File/GetImage?file=<ID>&type=full&Format=jpg", on the other hand, local playback uses the same call, so I have no idea why that would be much different.
Seems to work for everyone else though.

Is only cover art missing, or any info about the track? That wasn't very clear from your posts.

Both Cover art and any info about the track is also missing.  Playing Now is basically blank.  I also just saw some additional disturbing behavior:  When I play a file the album artist and the art in the file are actually being changed to empty in the library! So far it's 100% reproducible here.  Steps to repro:

1) I open a file view where I can see the album art and the album artist tags. 
2) I then initiate playback, and I can watch as the album artist tags go blank one by one as the tracks get played, and then the art starts disappearing.

So it looks like it's not a matter of JRemote not getting the Art, it's actually overwriting the art with a blank (or otherwise removing it).

To specify the exact playback chain: I'm using JRemote to control playback on a client zone, not directly on the server if that matters.  Both server and client are on the latest beta.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #191 on: April 09, 2015, 07:17:55 am »

Here's a screen grab illustrating what I'm talking about:

When I started playback of this album all tracks had an Album Artist tag, and the view at the top showed the correct cover art.  I re-entered the album artist info for 1 and 2 wondering if I'd somehow forgotten to populate them, and then saw track 3's album artist tag vanish as the track changed.  It's now playing the fifth track, and the first five files appear to have no art in them.

I checked and every other file I've tried playing with JRemote had the album artist emptied, and cover art wasn't showing in views.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #192 on: April 09, 2015, 08:02:12 am »

That seems unlikely. JRemote only has one writing MCWS call, and its only executed specifically when you press the "Save" button on the metadata view.
In any case, without being able to reproduce anything, I can only guess, and guessing doesn't get me anywhere.

Are you actually connected to the server, and controlling a client zone from there, or connected to the client?
Please always be extra precise when reporting bugs and explaining your setup. I cannot guess or remember everyones setup, unfortunately, and what I cannot reproduce or at least understand, I cannot fix.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #193 on: April 09, 2015, 08:13:45 am »

That seems unlikely. JRemote only has one writing MCWS call, and its only executed specifically when you press the "Save" button on the metadata view.
In any case, without being able to reproduce anything, I can only guess, and guessing doesn't get me anywhere.

I can only tell you what I'm seeing, let me know if logs or a video would help.  It's currently 100% reproducible here, which is convenient for testing.

Are you actually connected to the server, and controlling a client zone from there, or connected to the client?

I was actually connected to the server, controlling a client zone from the server when I observed the behavior.

I just tested when connected to the client directly and it did not exhibit exactly the same behavior (playing now is still blank, but no tags are altered), which is a good workaround for me for now.

I switched back to the server, and, when playing to client zones I still get the same behavior, tags are getting emptied as I watch.  Let me know what I can do on my end.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #194 on: April 09, 2015, 08:21:19 am »

Remote controlling client zones like that uses DLNA, since MC doesn't have a built-in function for that otherwise, AFAIK.
Doesn't sound like its related to what JRemote could potentially be doing. When you actually remote control the same zones from your server directly, I assume this doesn't happen, though? Although I wouldn't be surprised if it still happened.

Probably some crazyness with DLNA, not JRemote.

You could enable logging on the server, restart the server to start fresh, and then try to reproduce, and then snapshot a log, so that its as short as possible.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #195 on: April 09, 2015, 08:39:12 am »

Remote controlling client zones like that uses DLNA, since MC doesn't have a built-in function for that otherwise, AFAIK.
Doesn't sound like its related to what JRemote could potentially be doing. When you actually remote control the same zones from your server directly, I assume this doesn't happen, though? Although I wouldn't be surprised if it still happened.

Probably some crazyness with DLNA, not JRemote.

Good catch, it's DLNA-related for sure, the same thing is now happening in Gizmo as well and with direct control from the server.  

I recently (two days ago) changed my DLNA control point from one of my client HTPCs to a virtual machine on my Server, and that seems to be the critical difference.  

I tried using a client to control other client zones and there's no tag erasing problems there (although I still get a blank playing now in JRemote, but do get cover art in Gizmo).  However, when I remote control other zones from the server it exhibits this behavior every time regardless of how I start the remote-controlled playback.

I'm guessing it's a local issue to my server (which, being a VM, is a definite edge case), sorry to derail.

Alobar

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #196 on: April 10, 2015, 01:50:39 pm »

Just started using JRemote yesterday and it works great thus far on my Nexus 7. The only issue I see is what others have reported with the time slide bar and time left on the song will go into a negative number when the slider reaches the end, sometimes by a minute or greater. This app actually seems to work better (more reliably) than Gizmo does on my tablet. Gizmo would after a time playing would reboot the tablet whereas I haven't noticed that occurring with JRemote even after several hours of listening.
One of my favorite features is the volume adjust on the glass instead of the volume rocker bar which on my tablet is hard find quickly and use. I always seem to push the rocker the wrong way causing a big increase in volume right when the phone is ringing or my wife is yelling at me for something.. .  ;D
To everyone working on this app, thanks and well done!

HTPC4ME

« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2015, 01:54:50 pm »

Galaxy S4. video does not play (playing to device) it just spins.
works on eos/gizmo perfectly.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2015, 09:02:13 pm »

JRemote uses the exact same video streaming as Gizmo. Make sure your server can actually serve the selected quality in real-time. If its much too slow, video might never even start.

Please note that video isn't a main focus at this point in the development of JRemote for Android. It'll be looked at and finished later.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

HTPC4ME

« Reply #199 on: April 10, 2015, 09:40:56 pm »

just an FYI (for your notes) all 3 apps are set to medium,  i tried bringing jremote to low, and it spun for over 5 minutes and never played the file/S ( i tried multiple files/types even a small 30mb file) and no go.

all files tested played on gizmo/eos and in medium and high mode.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up