INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnail Issue  (Read 16327 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Thumbnail Issue
« on: September 22, 2007, 10:13:51 pm »

ok months ago i went through EVERY folder on my computer renamed them all to folder.jpg. every FOLDER and a JPEG that i COULD SEE.

last week i have noticed in jriver songs i been playing the cover art disappears so i goto the location, e\mymusic\dancetechnoclub discography disc 1 and when looking at the folder with the songs in it it shows the cover art. but when i go into the folder the cover art is now gone? when i try to add the pic again to that folder it says its already there??? what is going on here now?

why doesnt the folder show the jpg in it? how can it just disappear not be noticed with jriver. and if its no tin the folder how come when i look at the folder it shows the cover art?

Thanks in advance.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Thumbnail Issue AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 10:24:20 pm »

Is it the same issue discussed here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41829.0 ?

FYI - another problem I initially had was that sometimes the folder.jpg file had the Hidden attrib set, so unless you had view hidden checked in Explorer you could not see it but if you tried to copy any folder.jpg into that folder you would get the error message it was already there.

Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

HTPC4ME

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 10:31:29 pm »

checked that link. nope my issues is in mediac enter yes loosing the thumbs. but i had went through every folder on my xp machine in music, and made sure that all of them had a folder.jpg in the folder with the music. now there gone?? see pics...

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 10:35:41 pm »

What happens if you right click on one and "Library Tools --> Update Library (from tags)"?
JRiver CEO Elect

HTPC4ME

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 10:46:45 pm »

k, tried that it... it put the thumbnail back into jrvier. i went and checked location of frank sinatra in mymusic folder still wasnt there, i tried update library from tags, it didnt put it back in the folder.

the jpg\thumbnail stayed in media center until i double clicked the song to play, and it disappeared again!?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 10:51:44 pm »

Something is odd (I'll leave it to the MC Devs to comment)! 

FYI to see ALL the files in the folder using Explorer you may have to check both the Hidden and Systems attibs I've outlined below.  As an example the ABBA folders.jpg is marked as a sytem file for some reason (FYI It was probably ripped by MS MP not MC)

JRiver CEO Elect

HTPC4ME

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 11:01:22 pm »

ok went into folder options, show hidden files and folders which i  i ALWAYS have selected.

the hide protected operating system files IS ALWAYS CHECKED.

i unchecked that as you have shown and this is what i see. see pic

i do notice all your icons are media center icons, my album arts are jpg icons. that can't be the issue?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 11:14:25 pm »

do notice all your icons are media center icons, my album arts are jpg icons. that can't be the issue?
No, it should make no difference (my default on this PC is for JPG to be associated with MC12)

The good news is your art is there but like with the other thread, there are users complaining that the art inside MC12 is disappering...for me it is random, another user complained it was the first track in each album, or for you it seems to be for each track you play!

The bad news is I have no idea why it is so....

THanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

HTPC4ME

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 11:17:29 pm »

well if this a big issue with jriver. i think this should be at the top of there list for fixes. Cause it takes ALOT of time to put all those coveer arts back into the folders\subfolders. Any one else have any ideas please??

thanks nathan for your replies.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 02:33:32 am »

my whole library thumbnails are starting to delelte again?? if i try adding a thumbnail back in one those folders i get windows error.. access denied? why are my jpg coverarts gone from within my folders??? ive done nothing to remove them? they shouldnt just disappear! why are some of the jpg cover art that had color to them pictures to them. have turned BLACK? why can i see them when i show hidden files? how did they magically become hidden? why wont they stay in the folder they are meant to stay in?

thank You!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 07:36:43 am »

No idea.  Sorry.  The hidden files aren't ours.  MC will use a folder.jpg file if it exists.

Perhaps a virus or another program is doing something?

AustinBike

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Thumbnail Issue
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 09:03:02 am »

The album art files come from MS media player.  Are you using media player at all?  If you aren't, is someone else in the house?

There is a setting for "updating files from the internet" that causes those albumart files to show up.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 02:54:44 pm »

The album art files come from MS media player.

This is correct this problem is originating from Microsoft Windows Media Player or Microsoft Media Center. Both these programs are well known for this kind of "hijacking".

Disable them, don't use them.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 05:38:42 pm »

prod austin bike. YOU ARE CORRECT. about a month a ago. i opened mediaplayer 11 and imported all my media files so i could stream them to my xbox 360, but i decided not to use it. how do you guys suggest I fix this?? I never use windows media player, I just set it up to test with 360.

any directions you can give me to do with in media player I'll be happy to do and won't have any concerns of losing anything within it.

delele all libraries? is there a setting to give thumbnails back?

thank you.

rjm

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 11:26:31 pm »

A good rule of thumb is to never load data into a program before checking the options. Especially for Windows Media Player (WMP). It can be particularly nasty because it defaults some internet update options on. And after you import media into WMP you are hooped.

Suggest you start WMP and go to Options\Library\Monitored Folders\Advanced Options and remove all monitored folders.

Then disable all options in the section "Automatic media information updates for files" but especially "Retrieve additional information from the Internet".

Now run the basic MC maintenance I described in the other thread on this issue.

If this does not work, you may have to remove all artwork embeded by WMP which should be an easy  couple click operation with MC. Then rerun the basic maintenance procedure to rebuild thumbnails for your external jpg artwork.

Not to belabor the point, but this is another good reason to imbed artwork inside the MP3. I don't think WMP would have changed the artwork had it been imbedded.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 01:21:43 am »

ok followed all directions on other post RJM.
went into windows player deleted all libraries, unchecked ALL SETTINGS IN EVERY TAB of windows media player then I went into jriver, auto import, exited, reopened, erased thumbnails, then went back to folder where frank sinatra is it shows the picture on the folder, but not in the folder.

so in  a sense its a good sign that i can see them ON the folder, i just have to figure out how to get it back INTO the folder.

Do you i think i should embed (as you suggested into the mp3 file?)all the folder.jpgs in music files before i do anymore work? to be safe? if so could you walk me through those steps?

and if that works. if i have to... it's better to replace 100 thumbnail covers then 30,000. So maybe i should just take the kick in the butt. put them into the files as you suggested, and then goto those folders that are gone, right click the folder\properties\customize\and then choose restore default. so it gets rid of it, then i can readd covers into the files?

Thanks  pics here -->

rjm

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 01:32:57 am »

Let's diagnose a bit more before we take next steps.

From within MC, select the Sinatra track, right click Tag, then in the tag window scroll to the Image File tag and tell me what the contents of the tag are.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 01:36:46 am »

image file = jpg 

i can't select it, right click or anything to change it to folder.jpg

all other files that are working when i do same procedure.. image file = folder.jpg

rjm

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 01:40:01 am »

Now go to Options\File Location\Cover Art\ and tell me what the 3 options are set to.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 01:45:11 am »

in the same folder as the file(as folder.jpg)

in a specified folder

in the same folder as the file (as [artist] - [album].jpg )

under also store image in the file's tag is...UNchecked

rjm

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2007, 01:54:18 am »

in the same folder as the file(as folder.jpg)

in a specified folder

in the same folder as the file (as [artist] - [album].jpg )

I do not understand. You can only have one of these 3 options selected. Please recheck.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 01:57:37 am »

i'm sorry i read you wrong. DUH i thought you wanted to know my options.lol

it is set to this in the same folder as the file(as folder.jpg)

rjm

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 02:02:45 am »

This is new territory for me, so forgive me if I am unable to get to the bottom of this...

Your cover art options seem correct.

Select your Sinatra tracks and right click Cover Art\Remove Cover Art.

Now check the Image File tag - should be empty.

Now go to Options\Tree & View\Thumbnails\Build Missing Thumbnails.

Check if artwork now ok

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 02:26:48 am »

Not to belabor the point, but this is another good reason to imbed artwork inside the MP3. I don't think WMP would have changed the artwork had it been imbedded.
Until the next version of WMP comes out and does just that, cept this time its in your files and you are left with an even bigger headache. audio files are not containers they are audio files. I've always left them in the folder and never had any probs. Course i never ran WMP either. The short term convenience of embedding images in the audio files don't overcome the long term issues IMO.

School of thought i use is..the less an app modifies the media file the better. Taken to the conclusion the app only reads the files and nothing more.

A good rule of thumb is to never load data into a program before checking the options. Especially for Windows Media Player (WMP). It can be particularly nasty because it defaults some internet update options on. And after you import media into WMP you are hooped.
There you go, that's the #1 step you check for first.

or if you want to be faster, dont give it write access to your media.

rjm

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 02:43:22 am »

Until the next version of WMP comes out and does just that, cept this time its in your files and you are left with an even bigger headache. audio files are not containers they are audio files. I've always left them in the folder and never had any probs. Course i never ran WMP either. The short term convenience of embedding images in the audio files don't overcome the long term issues IMO.

School of thought i use is..the less an app modifies the media file the better. Taken to the conclusion the app only reads the files and nothing more.

I know there are strong opinions on this and I repect yours.

My view is that an MP3 file is a container that holds audio and tags. Properly populated tags are vital to having a useful and robust media library because it means I am immune from a MC database crash or JRiver going out of business. One of the many useful tags happens to be artwork. I do agree that tags should be stable and not change, otherwise you end up with nightmare backup problems. So I don't store transient information like ratings in tags. But my artwork never changes and I think it belongs in the MP3.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 02:50:22 am »

this will take awhile i started rebuilding after my last post, its 6970, and there are 41308 total.

rjm

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2007, 03:01:05 am »

hmm, something does not make sense...

If you followed my basic maintenance procedure then all missing thumbnails should have already been rebuilt.

My last suggestion to remove cover art from a few Sinatra files and then rebuild missing thumbnails should have resulted in only a few thumbnails for the Sinatra files being rebuilt.

Anyway, lets see what happens.

If this does not work, then my only other idea is to reimport your Sinatra files in the hope MC corrects the folder.jpg problem.

Beyond this you will have to seek help from JRiver or other people with more experience using external artwork.

Cheers.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007, 03:16:28 am »

My view is that an MP3 file is a container that holds audio and tags. Properly populated tags are vital to having a useful and robust media library because it means I am immune from a MC database crash or JRiver going out of business. One of the many useful tags happens to be artwork. I do agree that tags should be stable and not change, otherwise you end up with nightmare backup problems. So I don't store transient information like ratings in tags. But my artwork never changes and I think it belongs in the MP3.
About a database crash, if this happens while writing tags, then the file may be corrupted.

The other issue, is since MC's goal is to allow you to use your media as you like, its dealing with lots of new formats. Well, tag standards for these upcoming formats will always lag behind what the app can provide today. MC also allows use of custom tags, the implentation of writing these tags for various formats is again not always standard across apps and for some formats might not even be supported.

MC to me is a media manager and a meta-data store. It presents a unified interface to all your media regardless of whether said formats support the tags you want or even if MC writes them in a standard way. As your media collection grows, so does the need to ensure its integrity. Certainly its prudent initially, to save basic tags to identify media you recenlty added to the library or use a std naming convention for filenames so in the worst case, this infomation can be populated into the library.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2007, 03:24:42 am »

Unfortunately, not true with WMP and MCE, they do stuff regardless of what you select in options.

xtacbyme, see my post a while ago on using MCE alongside JRiver Media Center; Windows MCE problems with MC12 (this probably applies to WMP as well, not sure)

My view is that an MP3 file is a container that holds audio and tags.

Depends if you categorise cover art as metadata that is individual to each audio file. Personally I don't, in my instance it's metadata that applies to groups of audio files. And so I store it alongside those "groups" (or albums) in form of a Folder.jpg. Whatever works for you I guess.

I am immune from a MC database crash or JRiver going out of business.

Me too (Backup Library?), but don't see the connection between that and Folder.jpg vs Embedded? Besides, even if J River disappeared tomorrow (god forbid) then I'd still have a working MC installed.

rjm

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007, 03:29:12 am »

About a database crash, if this happens while writing tags, then the file may be corrupted.

The other issue, is since MC's goal is to allow you to use your media as you like, its dealing with lots of new formats. Well, tag standards for these upcoming formats will always lag behind what the app can provide today. MC also allows use of custom tags, the implentation of writing these tags for various formats is again not always standard across apps and for some formats might not even be supported.

MC to me is a media manager and a meta-data store.

It took about a year of use before I trusted MC to write my tags. Since then MC is all I have used for tagging and it has not failed me once.

I agree that only standard tags should be embedded. I do not imbed any custom tags or any tags that change frequently.

rjm

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2007, 03:39:57 am »

Depends if you categorise cover art as metadata that is individual to each audio file. Personally I don't, in my instance it's metadata that applies to groups of audio files. And so I store it alongside those "groups" (or albums) in form of a Folder.jpg. Whatever works for you I guess.

Me too (Backup Library?), but don't see the connection between that and Folder.jpg vs Embedded? Besides, even if J River disappeared tomorrow (god forbid) then I'd still have a working MC installed.

I see you point about artwork applying to groups of files but then using this logic you should not store Artist or Album or Genre in tags either.

Perhaps because I have never used folder.jpg artwork I do not understand how widely it is supported by other software and hardware media players. Sounds like it may be more of a standard than I realized. All I know is that I have never had an artwork problem of any kind and I have been reading for years problems with external artwork on this forum.

Anyway, to each his own. Cheers.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2007, 04:01:29 am »

I see you point about artwork applying to groups of files but then using this logic you should not store Artist or Album or Genre in tags either.

Hmm, I have quite a few multiple artist and genre albums. You are right about Album tho, but there isn't a supported way of doing this (that I know of), and the benefits may be negligible seeing as we're talking bytes rather than kilobytes (or megabytes) for artwork.

Sounds like it may be more of a standard than I realized.

It's a Microsoft thing I think, introduced to provide a way of customising the thumbnail of your folders in Windows.

I've used both ways without any technical problems. I changed to folder.jpg when my collection got too large for my iPod so I needed the space, so yeah, I agree, each to his own.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2007, 04:37:48 am »

I have had thumbnail issues from day one of buying your software, version 10...
 i have tried embedded, and last year or so have done the folder.jpg.

are my locations to far away??

meaning e:\(external)mymusic\mellow\frank sinatra\(in frank sinatra are all albums of his, and in each album are the song with folder.jpg coverart.

Now again i went through every single folder, every genre, every artist, every album, and deleted chose restore default, went to amazon reinputtted them all called them folder.jpg and i was up and running until recently.. again i dont think this is  ajriver issue persay? or is jriver changing the windows folder options??

your windows media player idea sounds like it may be a great culprit.. in fact as i stated earlier ive hadnt used WMP until i got my 360 and wanted to stream my media to it.

but then again... if it's wmp.. look at my pics here.. the file is still there, when i chose show system files not recommended..  how do i get it back where it belongs?

i have tried restore library.. wel you can't restore a library when the jpeg has been hidden. just another point \ thin gi have tried that hasnt brought them back.

again thanks for all your posts and dedication in trying to resolve this.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 05:03:37 am »

IMHO, "Artist - Album.jpg" works better than "Folder.jpg".

Some of my related replies:

- about WMP:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40585.msg276753#msg276753
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40902.msg279029#msg279029

- about anything else that is related to cover art

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=22841.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=23268.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=24016.msg167592#msg167592
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=24047.msg167833#msg167833
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=24820.msg174333#msg174333
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=25165.msg175558#msg175558
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=25269.msg175732#msg175732
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=26058.msg180765#msg180765
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=28203.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=29459.msg203230#msg203230
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=29703.msg204660#msg204660
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=29824.msg205388#msg205388
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=29935.msg205979#msg205979
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30692.msg211400#msg211400
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32323.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32482
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33002.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33887.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33953.msg231763#msg231763
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34263

EDIT

The link list was a bit old. Here are a few more to keep you busy for a while...  :)

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33334
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33436
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32662
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34101
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33904
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33920
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34818
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34588.msg235959#msg235959
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35669.msg243069#msg243069
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36945
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=38306.msg260471#msg260471
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39151.msg266283#msg266283
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39727.msg278259#msg278259
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39875.msg274568#msg274568
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40083.msg273242#msg273242
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40545.msg276543#msg276543
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40741
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40878.msg278858#msg278858
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40920
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40940.msg279438#msg279438
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41003
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41173
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41253
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41255
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41460.msg282760#msg282760
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41658.msg283978#msg283978
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41875.msg286700#msg286700
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

HTPC4ME

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2007, 05:47:55 am »

here is the pic after the scan. it didnt put them back in.

Alex B after reading your reply. i remember using that route as well once.(album artist.jpg) and after having issues was told to goto the folder.jpg route. i've read 2 of the links you posted and will read the others after some sleep here, i have been working on this\and researching google on this all day.

Something I'd Like to mention that i have mentioned in all my other thumbnail posts, But forgot to here.
i'll explain again all those posts wrapped up in one

These thumbs that are missing\Can't be noticed all of a sudden... I don't know if they are missing unless i play the song!  Only way for me to tell 100% is by playing the player and see  if the thumbnails will disapear. and once the file disappears the files before and after always will disappear as well.  Sometimes more than one or 2 will disappear.

55.8 days for one playlist and listen to music(i'm exagerating) (i could hit play and just keep hitting next to see if the thumbs disappear or not) or i can goto my windows folder my music and check every single folder to see if the cover arts are gone from beside the file. sum it up.. i have no clue right now, how many are actually hidden....

All of a sudden(because there are songs\artist i've yet to play.)  my thumbs are disappearing.  And i found that out tonight again. I've had frank Sinatra on this machine for over a year and a 1\2.  And today was the first time EVER that i have played it. And well... the pics show what happened. But again Last time i came in here and posted a topic on thumbnail issues and was told to change the filenames of all artist.jpgs, I went through every folder and made sure every one had the folder.jpg name. So to be honest I'm scared I dont know which route to take...This is time consumming..something has hidden them somehow!?

ok.. i need sleep

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/Xtacybyme/afterthumbnailbuild.jpg

rjm

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2007, 11:08:36 am »

Your cover art options seem correct.

Select your Sinatra tracks and right click Cover Art\Remove Cover Art.

Now check the Image File tag - should be empty.

Now go to Options\Tree & View\Thumbnails\Build Missing Thumbnails.

xtacbyme,

Is the Image File tag empty now? If not, what does it contain?

HTPC4ME

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 06:00:09 pm »

yea it was still empty. i found a program called ftweak22. whcih allowed me to goto all my folders properties, and change the attributes(uncheck all of them that had gotten hidden somehow) I got all the folder.jpg's back into appropriate folders.  after doing that i went back into jriver chose erase all thumbnails, then chose rebuild all, and thumbs are still missing inside jiver. went back to windows folders and they are still there as folder.jpg they aren't hidden now at least anymore. so now i just have to figure out how to get them to work in jr iver again..RJM thnak you again

And who ever edited my last post. i screen shotted it, and reread it, and i said nothing wrong in it.

rjm

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 06:31:54 pm »

Suggest you not try anything dramatic until we figure this out.  Just work on one album until we get it working.

Please try this.

Navigate to an album folder via MC Drives & Devices in the tree (this should show all the files of all types including the MP3s and folder.jpg). Now select all the files and press delete. Pick the option to only remove them from the Media Library but NOT to delete files from the disk.

Press F5 to refresh the display. You should see the same files but they are no longer in the library.

Now select all the files and right click Import Into Library.

Now check if the artwork has been restored.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 06:39:00 pm »

RJM you talking my playlists? cause in my drives and devices.. that only offers me
compact disc v
compact disc w
compact disc x
compact disc y

Just want to double check. andnot jump in front of you. You know also if you rather do this via messengers? i'm open for that. if it's easier and faster for you. i have yahoo, msn , paltalk, opentalk,

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 06:39:46 pm »

RJM,
Thanks.

Jim

rjm

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2007, 06:48:52 pm »

RJM you talking my playlists? cause in my drives and devices.. that only offers me
compact disc v
compact disc w
compact disc x
compact disc y

Just want to double check. andnot jump in front of you. You know also if you rather do this via messengers? i'm open for that. if it's easier and faster for you. i have yahoo, msn , paltalk, opentalk,

Sorry, I'm a 48 year old school guy and don't use msn etc.

Starting at Drives & Devices in the MC tree, I want you to navigate to the physical location of one of your album folders on your hard drive. You will need to click My Computer to see your hard drives. Choose an album for which you know the artwork is screwed up. Then do what I said above.

rjm

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2007, 06:57:36 pm »

If you don't see My Computer under Drives & Devices you will need to go to Options\General\Advanced\Features and turn on My Computer.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2007, 06:59:08 pm »

Ok i didnt have my computer selected to show...

did that, when i first went to folder there were 10 tracks, 1 jpg.

7 of the tracks had cover art. other tracks had a music looking type icon.

deleted from library\refreshed\and they all showed back up with all coverarts.

and chose import into library ;)

rjm

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2007, 07:06:40 pm »

Am I correct that all the problems with this one album are now fixed and we did not break anything else associated with the album?

If yes, we now need to decide best way to apply same fix to the rest of your library. This can be a little tricky depending on the media types in your library and what type of tag data you have entered into the library.

Please confirm everything ok with album that we just fixed first.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2007, 07:16:08 pm »

no incorrect.

it fixed it when i imported it into library. when i click play. they disappear again.

What is fixed is what i did this morning with the program Febooti. all music folders now show a folder.jpg. they are no longer hidden. I did a google, and there are disputes what causes it. upgrade for IE6 to 7, or an upgrade from WMP 10 to 11. And the one post mention this product to get it back. so We're are back to where the folder.jpgs should be at least.lol

just jriver when ya play the file, the cover arts disappear.

rjm

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2007, 07:29:02 pm »

rats, I'm running out of ideas

As far as I can tell your cover art settings are ok. We just imported an album that had the required folder.jpg. It should have worked. I have no idea why your cover art disappears on play.

I think we need JRiver or someone else to jump in with new ideas.

I am checking out now unless I think of something else.

Cheers.

P.S. Don't repeat what we just did on other albums unless you really understand what you are doing. It will screw up your playlists and cause loss of any tag data not stored inside the mp3.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2007, 07:31:44 pm »

sounds good RJM. i will just leave mediacenter alone until i hear back.

Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2007, 07:33:53 pm »

Look carefully at all other programs running in the background, using task manager.  Don't let anything run that you don't understand.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2007, 08:09:45 pm »

did a google of all my service.. all looks good,
startup items, are just the necessities, media server, easy file shareweb and ftp, cinemar server, msn messenger, yahoo messenger,avg, ati, noip, nero check.

ive also uncheck them rebooted and still same issue  ?

rjm

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2007, 08:37:49 pm »

One more thing we can try, doubt it will make a difference, but at least we will have eliminated another variable.

There is a slim chance that your library is corrupted. I say slim because basic maintenance we did earlier should have reported a bunch of problems if your library was corrupt.

Try creating a new empty library (File\Library\Library Manager\Add). Then navigate to one album like I showed you above and import all the files from it. If cover art is ok then this would indicate problem with your normal library.

When done this test go to File\Library\Library Manager and Load your original library to put things back the way they were.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up